No announcement yet.

Any interest in 03 cobra short block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run boost through my 393 with 10.5-1. If you have a good tune boost likes compression.

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
      I run boost through my 393 with 10.5-1. If you have a good tune boost likes compression.
      That's what I'm talking about.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
        I don't doubt that it can't be done, but if you're running pump gas (93 not corn) in a street car with that kind of compression you're leaving a lot on the table because the total timing advance is so low to keep detonation at bay.

Comment

Race gas for race car.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
            I don't doubt that it can't be done, but if you're running pump gas (93 not corn) in a street car with that kind of compression you're leaving a lot on the table because the total timing advance is so low to keep detonation at bay.
            Real power street car = E85. Period. It's getting increasingly easy to find, so the excuses get thin.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              Real power street car = E85. Period. It's getting increasingly easy to find, so the excuses get thin.
              It's extremely easy to find, if I want to drive 90 miles round trip (to the 1 or 2 stations that I know of that carry it locally to me) to fill up a tank that will likely not make 200 miles total. Again I understand how it all works, and for all of you that live in the metroplex and highly populated areas it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                It's extremely easy to find, if I want to drive 90 miles round trip (to the 1 or 2 stations that I know of that carry it locally to me) to fill up a tank that will likely not make 200 miles total. Again I understand how it all works, and for all of you that live in the metroplex and highly populated areas it's great.
                It is
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I consider a real power "street car" something I can get in and drive to anywhere my heart desires. If I have to plan an entire trip around where I can buy fuel at it looses it's street car appeal. I understand most people aren't going to drive there 800+ hp car to vegas and back or generally anything over 50 or 60 miles 1 way. Corn fuel gives the ability to make some crazy power for sure, it helps compression and boost come together in a wonderful power marriage safely too. It also comes at cost, all of which the magazine and forum reader guys don't think about. 500 hp sounds nice and easy, just slam a used Eaton on this or that, plus a tune, and some injectors, most likely a fuel pump or 2, etc, etc, etc. Want to run some corn and make stupid power, get some 120-160 lb per hour injectors or bigger, build a fuel system, etc drop and easy $1500+

Comment

More compression usually likes less timing. I run 93 octane and I use race gas at the track when I spray it as well. But I can drive mine anywhere and get fuel anywhere

Comment

Working...
                    X