Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on fixing wheel hop on an S10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the tires arent spinning, you dont have wheel hop, you have something else, binding?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      If the tires arent spinning, you dont have wheel hop, you have something else, binding?
      Good point. Before you buy the shims, check the pinion angle. If it is out of spec, then buy the shims. If it isn't I would replace the rear shocks. How many miles are on it? It could be an instance where the rear leafs have seen a lot of abuse and that pulled leaf only makes it worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Changed the shocks and it helped, but didn't eliminate it. Pinion angle is fine. Hell, this might not be wheel hop, but it sure as shit feels like it. Going to check the U joints next.

Comment

Make sure it isnt bouncing on the bump stop/frame. Whats the drop? Bumpstops removed? Mono leaf? Have any pics of the truck and set up?

I cut my bumpstop brackets off

Before(ish)

After
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Found it. Driveshaft center support was shot to shit and the entire exhaust setup was being held up with leftover speaker wire. Fixed those and the shudder stopped. The driveshaft was bouncing in that center support.

Comment

Lmao! Holy shit some people's kids!
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Glad it was a cheap fix. I didn't think to mention the issue with the two piece drive shaft. They are a common problem on lowered extended cab trucks

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  Lmao! Holy shit some people's kids!
                  I think my bonus check should show up around July 15. I will get with you about swapping suspensions.

Comment

Best/cheapest thing to do on the back of those is to take complete factory leaf spring packs down to Champion Spring in Ft Worth and have them Re-arched to be flat. Then you shouldnt need much if any lowering block at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Slammy View Post
                      Best/cheapest thing to do on the back of those is to take complete factory leaf spring packs down to Champion Spring in Ft Worth and have them Re-arched to be flat. Then you shouldnt need much if any lowering block at all.
                      I really couldn't give a rats ass about it. It's a 98 extended cab step side that I got it out of the "dead lane" for $700 with a bad engine. With how it looks, I shouldn't have any trouble selling it for a helluva a profit. Aside from getting it reliable, I don't care about anything else.

Comment

Lift it back up and put it back stock if you want the most cash for it. Someone will buy it for a work truck

Comment

Originally posted by Slammy View Post
                          Lift it back up and put it back stock if you want the most cash for it. Someone will buy it for a work truck
                          Aiming more for a teenager with it. It looks good the way it is, just some cosmetic details and it rides like a damn C3 corvette.

Comment

Working...
                          X