X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K Member / A Arm Issue - Foxbody

Car : 93 Mustang

Issue: New Team Z K member / A Arms not lining up

What would you do ? I have already installed a brand new K member on my car, i went to install a set of used UPR a arms, didnt fit... I tried to install a BRand New set of UPR A arms, still didnt fit, the back side was off by 8th inch. see pic.

I emailed Team Z , they said A arms should fit.. I have installed a arms before and requires little effort to get the a arms in....

Here are my thoughts, grind the a arm on one side and it should go in... Are there any problems doing this ? I thought about bending the k member mounting tab a bit, but the holes may not line up ... .Help. Second idea is to buy team z a arms....i would hate it if they didnt fit either.

hammer
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

MC ?

Will that affect the structural integrity ?

Comment

They aren't specific to each side are they? Possibly have them reversed?
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
          They aren't specific to each side are they? Possibly have them reversed?
          They are side specific. the sway bar mounts are on the front side..

Comment

I would bend the inside ear enough to gain clearance. Your other option would be to contact Team Z again and ask them for the length on that portion of the control arm including bushing flange thickness. If the measurement is the same as the UPR arms then you know the k-member is off just a little and adjust the ear accordingly to gain clearance. The bolt will pull it back down where it needs to be and hold it once torqued.

Comment

Bend it make it work

Comment

dead blow hammer

I had the same issue with the Team-Z on my 96

Comment

just use a .040" cut off wheel on a 4.5" grinder and shorten the spuds on the control arm. that stuff is supposed to move freely and not be in a bind ya know......... if you don't mind it being bound up and influencing spring rate, just use hammer till it fits.
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

mine was only off about 1/16th so I was as concerned as Grape is, but he has a point. Mine has been fine for driving back and forth to work though.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                      just use a .040" cut off wheel on a 4.5" grinder and shorten the spuds on the control arm. that stuff is supposed to move freely and not be in a bind ya know......... if you don't mind it being bound up and influencing spring rate, just use hammer till it fits.

I think im going to go this route. I just wanted to make sure its been done.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                        This makes much better sense than what I posted, remember the sleeve inside the bushing will also need a small amount of material removed.

Comment

Seems that Team Z makes shit?

Comment

upr was the same way on my 03.. bent it and had no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                              Seems that Team Z makes shit?
                              Don't think it's bad quality, It's aftermarket parts. aftermarket stuff it's never going to just bolt up that's for any part. We are modifying a vehicle form what it came form factory. Something is going to need to be cut or bent or adjusted or moved ect. I seen this issue before with different brands of k members new or used just need to be bent a little will work perfect after. Just part of the game
                              Last edited by FOKAI; 01-21-2014, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X