X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good point. anyone want side action?

Comment

• Originally posted by abecx View Post
      Relax! Why would I take offense from the most negative nobody on the site?
      BOOSH. anyone 2nd??

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• +1

Comment

• Engines being tore up and shipped back today, I hope its here on Monday. I might finally have SHI- MPG ready to dyno in a week or so. Its getting painted right afterward which will take 3-4 days.

Comment

Engines being tore up and shipped back today, I hope its here on Monday. I might finally have SHI- MPG ready to dyno in a week or so. Its getting painted right afterward which will take 3-4 days.

Comment

• That sounds healthy. What is your exhaust setup going to be?

There's a company I had never heard of I found on instagram called black widow exhaust. They posted an srt8 with their mufflers that sounded like titty cream.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                That sounds healthy. What is your exhaust setup going to be?

There's a company I had never heard of I found on instagram called black widow exhaust. They posted an srt8 with their mufflers that sounded like titty cream.
                I have kooks long tubes ceramic coated with a kooks midpipe and corsa xtreme mufflers, its going to sound pretty ridiculous.

Comment

I have kooks long tubes ceramic coated with a kooks midpipe and corsa xtreme mufflers, its going to sound pretty ridiculous.
                  What, I can't hear you!?
                  I said your gas light is on!

Comment

• Engine came in a little over a week ago, should be in the car and dynoed tuned this week.

While the Whipple charger and the engine combination we've built can easily do 850/850, the transmission wont be able to handle that. We're aiming for ~700 until I can upgrade some of the drivetrain.

Comment

• lol @ dyno'd not even close to there yet, I guess I should learn these things take time.

The bushings and suspension work is done.
                      The gas tank is done, new lines ran.
                      New custom radiator is drilled and mounted.
                      Oil cooler installed.
                      I imagine the engine will be in the car this week.

I had to order a new intake tube as the whipple was designed for the stock one, so I grabbed a Legmaker fender mounted intake and a prefilter and said bye bye to another $420.

I think paint is going to have to get pushed back a month or so after I get as I think i'm going to get hit pretty with installation costs.

Comment

lol @ dyno'd not even close to there yet, I guess I should learn these things take time.

The bushings and suspension work is done.
                        The gas tank is done, new lines ran.
                        New custom radiator is drilled and mounted.
                        Oil cooler installed.
                        I imagine the engine will be in the car this week.

I had to order a new intake tube as the whipple was designed for the stock one, so I grabbed a Legmaker fender mounted intake and a prefilter and said bye bye to another $420.

I think paint is going to have to get pushed back a month or so after I get as I think i'm going to get hit pretty with installation costs.
                        Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        I wasn't trying to be a dick. But you likely wont have all the bugs worked out, and this thing completed until the first of the year some time. Then it will be too cold to enjoy it (traction).

Then you will cruise it in spring, take it to the track. not be impressed. decide not to spend another $5,000-10,000 to get it where you thought it should be, and we will see it for sale around June.

I've just seen it too many times to not know how this story ends.

*BUT, take pride in the fact you are building some rich kid from south lake's dream car that he will end up putting in a ditch cause of the power!

smoke to dat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                          BUT, take pride in the fact you are building some rich kid from south lake's dream car that he will end up putting in a ditch cause of the power!

smoke to dat!
                          Now that's funny right there to think those kids are dreaming of a Chrysler.

Comment

• it'll be for the kid who couldnt get insured on a hellcat, but admittedly, this is essentially the next best thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                              I wasn't trying to be a dick. But you likely wont have all the bugs worked out, and this thing completed until the first of the year some time. Then it will be too cold to enjoy it (traction).
                              I was going with the estimates I was being told, not what I was guessing, unfortunately none of the work that we thought was being done while the engine was out was completed. But I highly doubt first of year and I am hoping by the end of this month. I have no desire to max out the tuning on the car, we wont be pushing the whipplecharger much at all and while the engine can easily handle over 4 digits of power, we probably we be in the 700-750 ball park which should be pretty easy under 10#'s of boost and 405ci of displacement.

While I can understand your opinion, I didnt build this car to drag race, I built it for me. I might offset it by buying a quieter better mpg sedan, but I dont really care about racing all that much and I dont have to drive everyday. I also doubt it will see a 1/4 mile track, maybe an 1/8th mile track but I have no experience with the amount of power the car is putting out and I dont care to upgrade the drivetrain to make it run amazing 60 foots so anything it runs will be impressive and fun to me ( I've probably been to a track 10 times in my life ). I would like to do the Texas Mile, not for any top speed goals ( it would be nice to do 180mph ), but mainly just because it looks fun.

People buy and build cars for reasons other than to go fast. I wanted a ridiculous but simple looking 4 door sedan because that happens to be my taste. When I had my fox coupe I wanted the same concept in regards to being basic but fast, hell one of the first things I got rid of on that car was the cowl hood in place of a stock one.

If anything you can blame Sneaky. Having a 'stealthy' car has long since been a goal of mine. Even after being painted, I dont think others would look at it and think 700+ rwhp, then again a SHI- MPG license plate isnt that stealthy either.

ahh the dualities of being human, stealthy to me would be the more correct sentiment.

Comment

• Never understood why one would put the effort to make a lot of power in a car and not use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X