Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
    builds 900 horsepower hot rod. hates the smell of gasoline.
    Never built a hot rod. Gives advice on the internet on how to build a hot rod.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by abecx View Post
      I do not understand how the fuel lines could cause this much smell but its basically what jetfast is talking about. Does e85 smell better, lol?

I really dont want to redo my fuel lines, we have lines from the tank all the way to the rails and back again, probably cost another $800 easy.
      I'd bet you could do it for half of that cost. But the biggest determining factor is how many fittings you need. You can get 20 feet of -8 hose for $140.
      Last edited by Broncojohnny; 01-29-2016, 09:11 AM.
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• I really appreciate all the tips and information, I am novice and only have shit i've read in books to go off and its good to hear practical information.

I am going to keep troubleshooting to see if we can find the smell, if it is for sure the lines, going to bite the bullet and replace them. Its not really the money thats annoying more so than another week or so I'll be without my car.

Tremor14: I know you're joking, but if you were serious, the whole point of the car was to have a ridiculous 4 door sedan that had lots of hp but was still semi-stealthy and docile as a car. I've hit the marks everywhere so far, the suspension is perfect, the sound is almost perfect, the engine will make the power, the transmission isnt too firm, the interior still rides quiet, the only problems now are to work out the nuances. I went overboard on everything as I didnt want any part being pushed to handle 100% of its capacity, I figured if I run everything at 70% of its capacity and can still make a ton of power it would be a much more pleasurable experience, I may have overdone it on the fuel.

As a side note, the guy that has been doing the labor, Brandon at BSP Performance in Frisco, has been so meticulous with everything and never scared to say my ideas are stupid or could be done better which I think many are, quite frankly, scared of doing. Its been a pleasure working with him.
        Last edited by abecx; 01-28-2016, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          Never built a hot rod. Gives advice on the internet on how to build a hot rod.
          Damn near burns down an entire apartment complex working on a fuel system. Gives advice on fuel systems.

Cruz, listen to Jet, not this clown.

Comment

Damn near burns down an entire apartment complex working on a fuel system. Gives advice on fuel systems.

Maybe naynus the anus can post a picture of his mom's fuel lines to help us all out.

"I'm so desperate to feel important that I am going to claim that there are only eight of these fuel lines in DFW."

Lmao

Comment

Forgot to say that this is my favorite part of the post. This is where naynus is so stupid that he doesn't know that Jet and I are saying the same thing.

Comment

• I can read. The advice has more merit coming from Jet.

Comment

I can read. The advice has more merit coming from Jet.
                  And the advice coming from you has zero merit. Thus my point.

Comment

• k, lets not make this about me.

Comment

k, lets not make this about me.
                      Sounds good, stop shitting all over his thread you stupid fuck.

Comment

• Sheesh. Get a freakin' room.

Screwing up a man's perfectly good, ridiculous build thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          Sheesh. Get a freakin' room.

Screwing up a man's perfectly good, ridiculous build thread.
                          I agree, can we get back to Cruz setting money on fire?

Comment

• Nothing really new to report, but I did buy some evo premium gauges. I think the white led looks really clean. I wanted to do the PLX stuff, but the application and connection is just too fucking flimsy. I still plan on putting an iPad in the dash to run my stereo and nav. I am going to get the audio place to try and install my afr and boost gauge in the center dash and make it look factory.

I dont have anything really in mind for the paint job, just changing the color. I'm thinking about having them french in the logo on the trunk, thought that might look cool, havent seen that done so I might just have them take it off and fill in the holes.

Comment

• Have you considered ditching the door-side trim? could take "slab-sided" to a whole new level.

Comment

• Yeah, were going to take the trim off and see how we like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X