No announcement yet.

Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No matter how good a "pro" is, he/she isn't emotionally invested in the project like the owner is, and like Nick said, is just working to make a buck. They are only interested in doing good enough to get paid, not in doing the best that they can do. I've found this to be true with the contractors that we've been using to renovate our bathrooms as well, corners were cut that are borderline acceptable, and certainly not how I would do it.

That said, the cat piss is a whole different issue. We have two, and I would be beyond livid having to clean out my own car like this. Being a family friend would be the only thing to keep me from going feces throwing apeshit, and getting a lawyer involved, I hope that he is truly helping to get you taken care of.

Been a fun build to follow, issues aside.

Comment

• There was a scene in Breaking Bad that addresses that very common mentality. There are two types of employees/contractors/work people. The first is as you said, the second is the ones that do it for the work. Walt made the best meth not because of his ego, but because of his respect for the chemistry. Gus wanted the latter with good reason. I am the same way with what I do, I dont solve problems because I get paid, I solve them because I have this yearning of bettering myself and that of others. As I get older I can more easily tell the difference between the two but only after the fact.

The car smells like nothing now, well it does smell like gas because of a vapor issue previously discussed. I haven't worked on the seats yet, they still have a smell that I'm going to have to take somewhere to get fixed because I dont know how to take them apart and put them back together. I think the seat foam is closed cell so that means they should be fixable. I am going to work on getting that vapor issue fixed next. When that its resolved, off to get a tune. Then back here so I can finish up the interior. I am going to lay some more dynamat, clean up the interior pieces and either paint or wrap them. I am going to be putting felt around all the parts the touch so I have 0 squeaks. This is still going to be a no bullshit build even after set backs.

I do not think I'll be able to take it back to the same guy to finish the paint. I just dont see how that will work after all these issues, then I'll put it back together better than ever only to drop it off there again. Make no sense to do that. I'll have to address that when we get there.

If someone knows a video I can watch on how to remove leather from a seat to clean it, that would be wonderful, I dont know what to search for as everything seems to be baby seats.

Comment

• if Dodge adheres to the same quality across their product line, the seat covers just pop off. reach under the front and rotate forward and up. there are long plastic tabs that hold them on
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• thanks man, i was able to figure it out. looks like the urine got all the way through and into the foam. I'm probably going ot have to replace the heated seats portion too since the smell is all up on it. Bummer like a mf.

Comment

• the seat foams shouldn't be too pricey. heater elements shouldn't be too bad either.

less than $400 for both foams/heaters from Dodge at wholesale would be my guess
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              the seat foams shouldn't be too pricey. heater elements shouldn't be too bad either.

less than $400 for both foams/heaters from Dodge at wholesale would be my guess
              There is someone selling new seats and all black interior pieces ( I have dual color black/gray interior ). I am going to buy all of that and just replace all this crap. I might repair the damage and sell the stuff I have, but would rather get moving onto the next step.

Comment

• I'm making some door panels for my car and this guy's videos are excellent.

We are a familiar team with the best willingness to develop, edit and upload first quality upholstery tutorials to all the people interested in this trade. ​Cechaflo is an upholstery Youtube channel created in 2009. Up to now, we have more than 340 videos and more than 300,000 subscribers. The user's feedback avails and backs up this humble experience addressed to all the people worldwide interested in learning this craft. ​C?sar (Cechaflo) is an old car trimmer with more than 40 years of experience and responsible for the manufacturing of the different upholstery projects. ​Our next challenge is introduce to all interested people our first basic upholstery courses to start learning this trade. They could be taken as a hobby or to start out an upholstery business. ​We hope to please you with all these new basic courses. Thanks and good luck on this new adventure! ​ Cechaflo's team.

Comment

• I bought a new interior from a 2008 yesterday, today I put in just the drivers seat. Hopefully I can get this thing back into the shop Friday to get the fenders rolled, the gas vapor issue fixed and then tuned. I took a video today since it was the first time I've drove it in a while.

Comment

• Yeah, I know it doesn't look bad, but when you see it up close you get a better idea. The paint in the door area is already peeling and cracking because they didnt put down primer ( from what I can tell at least ).

Comment

• Peeling is from improper adhesion. It was either not cleaned well before it was painted, or there was not enough sanding, or incompatible materials were used.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Got the new interior, have been cleaning it up. Its in good shape, but wanted to make it spotless. I have been adding dynamat to pretty much every interior piece that can support it. The doors took a while and 6 sheets of dynamat, but that will give me 3 layers on the door. Shits airtight now, if someone farts that smell aint going no where.

Comment

• Have you had a painter look at the car that you know does quality work? Just looking at the pics I have a couple of issues. 3m makes a plastic tape that is made to pull back the rubber of windows, it's not the right way(pull the windows) to do it but it's the best half assed way. I've used it successfully in production shops where the insurance company wouldn't pay to pull the window. Your windshield molding is unforgivable. The flat spots on the bumpers is a result of not pulling them. If a bumper is on a stand I can usually slick it out better than the rest of the car, looks like glass. Have someone you can trust look at and tell you what it will take to make it right. If that paint edge on the roof won't tuck under the new rubber the roof will have to be repainted.
                          If there is an adhesion problem the entire car will need to be stripped.

Comment

• Do you want to look at it?

Comment

• Sure, I'm in Rockwall. Are you driving it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by sdun View Post
                                Sure, I'm in Rockwall. Are you driving it yet?
                                I am driving it, but right now I'm in limbo about getting some work done as my shop is busy/backed up, so let me sort some things out timeframe wise. Right now I am mulling over the ideas of leaving it alone, wrapping, or fixing the paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X