Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MonsoonX is jealous

Comment

I can smell the inside of that Monte from here.

crystal beach?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

yeah, that ding is all i saw

Comment

its more than a ding, a garage closing ( sideways ) nailed the shit out of my car a few months after I bought it, I was pretty pissed.

I bought a new bumper to replace my factory one thats also damaged, I plan to fix that door dent during that time as well. No color change, though!

Comment

Alright, I have to upgrade the fucking fuel pump and the fuel lines, probably another $1500 in parts and $800 in labor.

Whipple cost me around $7300.

Getting some more accurate price quotes now.

Comment

I can already hear the REAL car guys telling me to just put an LS engine with a turbo and make 1200 rwhp on pump gas for $7k.

Comment

I would tell you to go back in time, sell the car, and buy a V2 Caddy
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                  alright, i have to upgrade the fucking fuel pump and the fuel lines, probably another $1500 in parts and $800 in labor.

Whipple cost me around $7300.

Getting some more accurate price quotes now.
                  nice

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                    I can already hear the REAL car guys telling me to just put an LS engine with a turbo and make 1200 rwhp on pump gas for $7k.
                    Ballers gotta Ball! I feel your pain though, I got a bunch in my family sedan too. The fact is that cars that are as big and comfy as ours just require more cubic dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                      Hahaha!

At least you'll have a decent ROI.
                      Lmao. Well, it's not my money.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        I would tell you to go back in time, sell the car, and buy a V2 Caddy
                        I originally wanted a CTS-V but fell out of love when I test drove it. May sound crazy but the srt8 felt more refined than a 2006 CTS-V. There wasn't much competition in the v8 sedan market for my price range at the time, plus I got it for 18k when they were going for 21k.

Comment

I'm talking 2nd gen V, not 1st gen.

it's all good, you know I'm gonna give you shit
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

he said V2.. you were driving a cadillac catera, vs a detuned zr1

Comment

I hope I can get 630rwhp after this. Have to start saving for 426 afterwards.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out if I should go dual or triple fuel pump, triple pump seems like its completely unnecessary, but I don't fully understand the basics.

These are the kits that I am looking at, I want a return setup and to future proof myself. I feel comfortable saying that I'll never be over 1000+ whp, however it would be nice to have the capacity but it would probably just be to get a graph. The end goal was streetable 800 whp.

If someone could help me muddle through this so I can understand the basics it would be appreciated.

1. With 63lb injectors and 255lph fuel pumps, I am making the assumptions that more volume and pressure will be coming into the fuel rail, and with a return setup, any excess gas as determined by the fuel pressure regulator will get returned to the tank. I assume the FPR understands this by how much gas the engine is asking via vacuum to determine where it needs to send the gas ( engine or back to tank ).

Is this a correct assessment?

2. Are there any drivability concerns with dual or triple pumps, or with additional fuel pressure/volume in general?

3. Any other concerns or questions I should ask myself before purchasing? The new setup will support E85, and I probably will be around 600-650whp range with the cam and head work that I've already got done. Let me know if more detail would help

Comment

Working...
                                X