Watt's shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    He usually has a waiting list. Maybe that's why?
    So do the other good machine shops in the DFW area.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

Maybe I will just swing by and talk to him, beg him to take my money.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

You can't go wrong with M&Ss, and everybody is backed up during racing season. Watt has moved up his builds and like someone else said, he is going where the money is at. I tried to get him to build my 4v back in 2003, it was going to be two months or some shit. I went to KCRE and I had in back in a few weeks and it was delivered on a freight truck. It's still working too.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          You can't go wrong with M&Ss, and everybody is backed up during racing season. Watt has moved up his builds and like someone else said, he is going where the money is at. I tried to get him to build my 4v back in 2003, it was going to be two months or some shit. I went to KCRE and I had in back in a few weeks and it was delivered on a freight truck. It's still working too.
          Yeah, I am pretty much set on M&S at this point.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Did you call Wells or arlington machine?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

x2 on Dennis Wells

He built a stout 388 SBC for my buddy's Luv truck years ago and it's rock solid. After many passes and two transmissions later.

Comment

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Wells, they told me 3 day turnaround, I figured there was a reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Wells, they told me 3 day turnaround, I figured there was a reason for that.
                  They got a bad rep a few years back, due to their attitude, mostly. I didnt go there for years, then I heard they hired a machinist that was one of the best, and changed their attitude once everyone quit using them.

Last couple times Ive used them, they did a good job and were done when they said they would be.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    They got a bad rep a few years back, due to their attitude, mostly. I didnt go there for years, then I heard they hired a machinist that was one of the best, and changed their attitude once everyone quit using them.

Last couple times Ive used them, they did a good job and were done when they said they would be.
                    Good info, thank you sir!

Comment

He probably doesn't want people crying to him when they push the limits of a stock block too far. Can't say I blame him.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        He probably doesn't want people crying to him when they push the limits of a stock block too far. Can't say I blame him.
                        You mean my stock block won't hold 1200hp???

Comment

only if you let 91coupemike pic the parts that go in it.

Comment

I'm another one that has used Dennis Wells on & off for a long time, and I've never had any issues at all, however I never really had him assemble anything b/c I've done all of my own assembly for at least the last ~15 years. He used to have a guy named David that did good work on heads too....not sure if he's still there though.

What about Max Long (LRE)? I haven't heard anything about him in a while, but I've known several folks that used him over the years with good luck.

The last few times I've needed some machine work I've just gone up to Calverts b/c it's fairly close, and I've known Wayne for a long long time. He actually does some of the work still, but he's getting pretty old and rickety. Now-a-days I usually just talk to his son, Randy....but again, they just do machine work for me....I do the assembly myself.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              You mean my stock block won't hold 1200hp???
                              At that power level the motor will last, if you keep rpms below 1500.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X