Watt's shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watt's shop

Watt's place is about 5 mins from my house, does anyone have anything negative to say about his work? I have never used him but I need to get a block bored and a rotating assy balanced so I was going to take it over there, how quick does he turn around work? I need the stuff done in about a week.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Originally posted by mach1 View Post
    watt's place is about 5 mins from my house, does anyone have anything negative to say about his work? I have never used him but i need to get a block bored and a rotating assy balanced so i was going to take it over there, how quick does he turn around work? I need the stuff done in about a week.
    best around. I know many guys that take their motors to him. Never heard anything bad

Comment

Ive never heard anything bad.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks guys!
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          Thanks guys!
          You pack it up saturday?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            You pack it up saturday?
            Got a motor in Houston on Sat but the water pump bolts were rusted into the block, they snapped off, game over. I've got 3 weeks until the season finale and I am out of town for one of those weeks so I need to get a motor built ASAP.

Comment

Watt is a badass
              Scott Ganow
              Lone Star Performance
              16300 Midway Rd
              Addison, TX 75001
              214-630-5006

Comment

Well shit, he just e-mailed me and told me he doesn't touch OEM ford blocks. Only aftermarket which is incredibly disappointing. Does anyone else have suggestions on the east side of town?

Comment

Well shit, he just e-mailed me and told me he doesn't touch OEM ford blocks. Only aftermarket which is incredibly disappointing. Does anyone else have suggestions on the east side of town?
                  Yep, I tried to get him to build my last 302 and he told me he only builds Ferrari engines.

Ended up having Morgan and son build it and couldn't have been any happier. I also live 5 minutes from watts and will never try to use him again. Go with Morgan and son.
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

Builds T1s GTR engines

Comment

Why won't he build stock engines, I am willing to pay for good machine work, I guess I'm going to Morgan and sons

Comment

I guess I'm going to Morgan and sons
                        Just picked a long block up from them today. I bet there is at least a 3-4 week wait maybe more. They are busy to say the least. Did you call them?

Comment

Originally posted by AArod View Post
                          Just picked a long block up from them today. I bet there is at least a 3-4 week wait maybe more. They are busy to say the least. Did you call them?
                          They said 2 weeks, I'm not going to make my race on a new motor, JY motor is going in for the season finale and I will take it to them after.

Not sure what's up with Watt, I guess he doesn't want to mess with anything less than exotic, I asked him about balancing my rot assy and he didn't reply. What a damn shame.

Comment

I think he is just progressing with the times, and going where the money is. I knew him well back in the early 2000s when he was building LS motors, but i dont think he has been doing them for a while now.

Comment

They said 2 weeks, I'm not going to make my race on a new motor, JY motor is going in for the season finale and I will take it to them after.

Not sure what's up with Watt, I guess he doesn't want to mess with anything less than exotic, I asked him about balancing my rot assy and he didn't reply. What a damn shame.
                              He usually has a waiting list. Maybe that's why?

Comment

Working...
                              X