Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips on a complete interior color change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    Any reason you're not doing the TMI covers yourself?
    time, and he's cheap.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      time, and he's cheap.
      They are easy to install you could knock them out in an hour or two. Only thing I recommend is to put new foam too.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        Lol I know, would be funny to have full interior in it. Ever find that mount?
        Yeah I have a poly filled mount I made a while back for tomorrow.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Anyone ever done a complete interior color change on SN95 or New Edge?

Find a donor car, buy interior paint and new seat material from 50Resto or say fuck it and learn to live with god awful Parchment?

I've got a '95 GT parts car that you can pick over for anything that you need. Seats are already gone but the door panels, dash, and seat belts are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
            I've got a '95 GT parts car that you can pick over for anything that you need. Seats are already gone but the door panels, dash, and seat belts are still there.

Thanks for the offer. This is an '01 GT, so l don't think I'll be able to use much.

Comment

Btdub, tmi covers DO NOT fit without tmi foam. They are made oversized for thier oversized foam.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Btdub, tmi covers DO NOT fit without tmi foam. They are made oversized for thier oversized foam.
                Noted.

Comment

Noted.
                  Also, this guy seems to have done a pretty good job on Paul's seats, from the picture. He does custom 99-04 covers almost exclusively, if you dont want to buy TMI crap.

Comment

Update v2.

Dont get TMI covers and foam. Have them done, it's roughly the same dollars.

Jimmy, I chatted with the upholstery guy last night about your color change. He suggested painting/swapping out what you can easily do, and go with black carpet, but have the seats done to complement. He showed me a set he just finished to give you an idea. He's asking 350 for these as they sit.

Comment

Update v2.

Dont get TMI covers and foam. Have them done, it's roughly the same dollars.

Jimmy, I chatted with the upholstery guy last night about your color change. He suggested painting/swapping out what you can easily do, and go with black carpet, but have the seats done to complement. He showed me a set he just finished to give you an idea. He's asking 350 for these as they sit.

You know, as much as I despise parchment, I never considered a black/parchment combo. Those seats actually look pretty damn good. Send me his info when you get a chance. It's going to be a while before I'm to the point of addressing the interior, but I get the impression your guy is legit and may have a good eye for what to paint/swap and what to leave alone.

Painting concerns me because I'm afraid it would be a monumental pain in the dick and end up looking like shit. So, then I started looking at donor cars which can be cheap, but I don't want to "own" a donor car. Let me gut some interior pieces and I'll be on my way type of deal.

My first hurdle is getting the car here from Atlanta. It's got a blown head gasket and won't move under it's own power. I've priced shipping versus renting a uhaul and don't like either idea. I need to find someone who's got a trailer that isn't a backyard jalopy special and make the trip out to handle it myself.

Comment

I only have his contact info on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                          That looks REAL good! 350 is cheaper than what I paid. I got TMI through LMR. They were cheaper than using TMI directly.
                          recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                            That was covers, foam and the labor.
                            Paul and I bought TMI stuff for our fox seats. His was tweed and the later sport seats, mine was the older sport, 97-89 seats with vinyl covers. His were ok, little sloppy, guy added some foam to smooth it out.

mine couldnt be helped, covers are just too big.

Comment

Painting concerns me because I'm afraid it would be a monumental pain in the dick and end up looking like shit. So, then I started looking at donor cars which can be cheap, but I don't want to "own" a donor car. Let me gut some interior pieces and I'll be on my way type of deal.
                              I painted a couple of replacement pieces on my Bronco when I had it and it was actually pretty easy and looked good. I had to as the replacement pieces only came in black and I had grey interior.

It's worth noting, that was on plastic.. I have seen people will paint fabric / carpet, but I wouldn't mess with that myself.

Comment

Anyone ever done a complete interior color change on SN95 or New Edge?

Find a donor car, buy interior paint and new seat material from 50Resto or say fuck it and learn to live with god awful Parchment?

what year I have bunch of 94-98 black parts or 99-04 charcoal parts

Comment

Working...
                                X