No announcement yet.

Oreilly rack and pinion vs flaming river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done the same thing as 91CoupeMike as well with my old 90 GT. I can't say it was as easy to turn as with the power steering, maybe that was because my lines were looped, but also got kinked at one point. It was kind of hard to turn the wheel but it was essentially a drag car anyways so I didn't care.

I had an 80 model manual rack on my 80 coupe for the last 2 years. I made the switch to the flaming river for more oil pan clearance. My pan was hitting the rack and rubbing a little, so I had the motor lifted up with spacers. I put the flaming river on and only have 1 spacer on it (because my k-member mounts are a little tweaked and I can't seem to get the motor perfectly level). Weight wise you are looking at something like 2-4 lbs difference between my manual rack with tie rods and the flaming river rack with tie rods.
    Carl S.
    2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
    80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
    9.32@128 pedaling it half track
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      i just took my pump off, cut the lines and make them loop all together. so its a sealed system.

Its not correct, but i havent had any issues in the year its been done.

widest tire ive had up front was a 225 and it was still easy even with a power rack w/ no pump.
      Didn't you hit a curb and fuck up your front end? You don't have proper steering on your car?

Comment

Originally posted by White90GT View Post
        I have done the same thing as 91CoupeMike as well with my old 90 GT. I can't say it was as easy to turn as with the power steering, maybe that was because my lines were looped, but also got kinked at one point. It was kind of hard to turn the wheel but it was essentially a drag car anyways so I didn't care.

I had an 80 model manual rack on my 80 coupe for the last 2 years. I made the switch to the flaming river for more oil pan clearance. My pan was hitting the rack and rubbing a little, so I had the motor lifted up with spacers. I put the flaming river on and only have 1 spacer on it (because my k-member mounts are a little tweaked and I can't seem to get the motor led lights perfectly level). Weight wise you are looking at something like 2-4 lbs difference between my manual rack with tie rods and the flaming river rack with tie rods
        Owah! It's nice longer information. It's also easy to turn as with the power steering only for you, I hope that you would be kind enough information provide this forum. I'll wait for you as possible. Thank you so much.
        Last edited by carlight10; 04-01-2012, 03:17 PM.
        LIGHTS

Comment

Originally posted by carlight10 View Post
          Owah! It's nice longer information. It's also easy to turn as with the power steering only for you, I hope that you would be kind enough information provide this forum. I'll wait for you as possible. Thank you so much.
          Post tits newb !
          Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
          03gt intech POWA!

Comment

I just purchased a flaming river off eBay new in box from dealer for 164 freaking shipping was 17 so I'm out about 180

Now I'm going to go to smileys buy a knuckle and make my steering shaft I can't break myself to pay $154 for one.

Comment

Working...
            X