Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad built this one for my son's birthday on 10/4 . He is gonna flip . He also has made 8 videos during the build showing Ike how it was done . I think it is outstanding . My dad says he is going to start building and selling them but being able to watch Grandpa make this for him is something he will have forever and I bet will bring him joy till he is 80 .
    Last edited by dumpycapri85; 01-02-2014, 09:31 AM.
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
      My Dad built this one for my son's birthday on 10/4 . He is gonna flip . He also has made 8 videos during the build showing Ike how it was done . I think it is outstanding . My dad says he is going to start building and selling them but being able to watch Grandpa make this for him is something he will have forever and I bet will bring him joy till he is 80 .
      that's awesome jim!

Comment

That is Awesome !

Comment

Here's the one I had at the old house. Folds away when not in use. Especially useful if you have limited space in your garage.

I need to get off my butt and build a new workbench for the new house. I haven't done any significant woodworking since Carpenter was born... Which is a little ironic..

Full photo set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rboyett...7615259063077/

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Here's the one I had at the old house. Folds away when not in use. Especially useful if you have limited space in your garage.

I need to get off my butt and build a new workbench for the new house. I haven't done any significant woodworking since Carpenter was born... Which is a little ironic..

IS that oak ?

NICE !!

Comment

Updated pic of the finished bench .
              Last edited by dumpycapri85; 01-02-2014, 09:31 AM.
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

First time to ever see diamond plate on top of a work bench

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  First time to ever see diamond plate on top of a work bench
                  It's different (just like my Dad) but Ike thinks its awesome . It may not be great for doing his homework but at least it will last .
                  Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
                    IS that oak ?

NICE !!
                    Oak trim. Birch plywood for the top. 2x4's for the legs.. The top was really fargin' heavy..

Comment

I just finished a massive work bench for my reloading room. birch and fir.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pardon the mess but this was already built when Moved in

Comment

Oh and in the corner there is a bench to sit at underneath all the bs.

Comment

The old man is going all out on the bench deal . Check it out .

Big Rooster Racing

Comment

The old man is going all out on the bench deal . Check it out .

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...token=ca4e8712
                              Sweet!!

He may want to change the name.... kinda close to little tikes...not worth the hassle....

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
                                Sweet!!

He may want to change the name.... kinda close to little tikes...not worth the hassle....
                                I said the same thing but you know how proud grandpas can be .
                                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X