X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Fuckin' cool, bro! I wish I was going to be there to see it in person. Next year, for sure.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Any benefit to running speed density instead of keeping the stock MAF? Or is it just easier and just tune it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
          Any benefit to running speed density instead of keeping the stock MAF? Or is it just easier and just tune it out?
          On the older 0411 pcm I would much rather tune them SD. It saves some money because you eliminate the o2 sensors and maf.
          I like the control I have over the a/f at all times. It takes a lot of experience (200+ cars) to be able to tune SD the correct way. Not many people know how to tune them. Out of all the 20+ lsx tuners in the DFW area there really are only 2-3 guys who can tune SD the correct way. As far as im concerned there are only 2-3 tuners in the area. The other guys simply fuck( honestly the easiest way to say it) computers up and charge insane amounts of money for an hours worth of actual work.
          I tune because I have a passion for it. I simply love it. Even on the bad days I wouldnt trade it for a 9-5 job behind a desk in cold a/c.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
            On the older 0411 pcm I would much rather tune them SD. It saves some money because you eliminate the o2 sensors and maf.
            I like the control I have over the a/f at all times. It takes a lot of experience (200+ cars) to be able to tune SD the correct way. Not many people know how to tune them. Out of all the 20+ lsx tuners in the DFW area there really are only 2-3 guys who can tune SD the correct way. As far as im concerned there are only 2-3 tuners in the area. The other guys simply fuck( honestly the easiest way to say it) computers up and charge insane amounts of money for an hours worth of actual work.
            I tune because I have a passion for it. I simply love it. Even on the bad days I wouldnt trade it for a 9-5 job behind a desk in cold a/c.
            Good info, thanks Sam!
            Obviously I dont know jack shit about tuning, just had no idea the SD tune could be so much better given what the LSX motors are already capable of.

Comment

So where's the updates ?? Get the brakes worked out yet ?

Comment

yup put a hydroboost set up on it and its great.

we worked on some details this weekend and in two weeks we are taking it up to KS... dad's going to drive the 60 and I'm going to drive the GTO

I'm trying to talk him into trailering the 60 JUST IN CASE I find a car or truck up there that i want to buy

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                  yup put a hydroboost set up on it and its great.

we worked on some details this weekend and in two weeks we are taking it up to KS... dad's going to drive the 60 and I'm going to drive the GTO

I'm trying to talk him into trailering the 60 JUST IN CASE I find a car or truck up there that i want to buy
                  Lol, that's good. What's the hydroboost cost ? You sell the Galaxie yet ?

Comment

I out hydro boost on the GtO and on the 60 for right under $100 each

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                      I out hydro boost on the GtO and on the 60 for right under $100 each
                      Damn ! Sounds like a winner !

Comment

• Dad likes the GTO fuel rail covers on the GTO so he bought a new Camaro cover. I did some trimming on it and got it to fit. I'm still on the fence about this. But. He likes it and as we can tell, that's what matters on this build

(the cover looks to be touching the upper hose but it is not and will not )

Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 04-30-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• What kind of IAT's are you seeing with the filter like that? I tried a filter mounted somewhat like that and my IAT's were through the roof.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            What kind of IAT's are you seeing with the filter like that? I tried a filter mounted somewhat like that and my IAT's were through the roof.
                            the IAT sensor is sitting on top of the motor... i need to lengthen it and put it up by the headlight.

the GTO has the sensor about 6 inches from the TB and I just got the EcoRoute thing for my garmin GPS right before the round up so I could see that type of info since I don't have HP Tuners and the IAT's were anywhere from 60-104 depending so I couldn't even give you a good answer on the GTO either.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                              the IAT sensor is sitting on top of the motor... i need to lengthen it and put it up by the headlight.

the GTO has the sensor about 6 inches from the TB and I just got the EcoRoute thing for my garmin GPS right before the round up so I could see that type of info since I don't have HP Tuners and the IAT's were anywhere from 60-104 depending so I couldn't even give you a good answer on the GTO either.
                              are you not putting the iat in the air flow (i.e. mounted in the pipe so it is seeing the actual temp of the air coming into the motor)?

i understand this on a n/a application, but not boosted. even n/a i think that filter setup is going to experience some temps that are far different then what the temp of the air by the head light will be, looks like the radiator is going to be feeding that air filter some hot air.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                                are you not putting the iat in the air flow (i.e. mounted in the pipe so it is seeing the actual temp of the air coming into the motor)?

i understand this on a n/a application, but not boosted. even n/a i think that filter setup is going to experience some temps that are far different then what the temp of the air by the head light will be, looks like the radiator is going to be feeding that air filter some hot air.
                                you are correct on the 60 we aren't putting it in the filter area and you are right the temps will be different because of the heat coming off of the radiator, but for now that's the way it is set up. maybe one of these days it will get changed.

the GTO does have the IAT in line between the IC and the TB about 6 inches from the TB.(in the 90 coming out of the TB )

Comment

Working...
                                X