No announcement yet.

FFW Ennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, I might have to go. Its been a while.

FUN FORD WEEKEND IS ON!
    May 16, 2011 by Benjamin Tuttle (Ticketing Manager)
    Filed under Featured Articles, Latest News
    Leave a Comment
    (May 16, 2011) – The famous Blue Oval will be getting polished all over the nation as the fan-favorite series, Fun Ford Weekend, returns to motorsports facilities throughout the U.S. in 2011. The large car show, drag race, swap meet, and autocross series, presented by JE Pistons and Roush Yates, will be featured at five motorsports tracks in 2011 and will expand to 10 or more events in 2012.

A group of North American motorsports facility owners led by Texas Motorplex (Ennis, Texas) founder Billy Meyer, worked to bring back the Fun Ford Weekend series because of popular demand.

“Fans and participants all suffered when Fun Ford Weekend was shut down a few years ago,” Meyer said. “Ford vehicle owners are extremely loyal to their brand, and they love big events and racing. We are very excited to work with Ford to bring this series back on-line with great additional support from industry leaders like JE Pistons and Roush Yates.”

Many of the events will be single-day Saturday or Sunday only in 2011, and expand to full weekend Saturday and Sunday events in 2012. The first Fun Ford Weekend event this season will be held at Bandimere Speedway (Denver) Sunday, June 26. Other tracks set to host events in 2011 are Virginia Motorsports Park (Petersburg, Va.) Saturday, September 10; Palm Beach International Raceway (Jupiter, Fla.) September 16-18, 2011; Texas Motorplex on Saturday, October; and 8Memphis International Raceway (Memphis, Tenn.) Saturday, October 15.

Sporty Bandimere, General Manager of Bandimere Speedway is very excited to kick off the series under the new leadership of the series parent company FFW1.

“It’s an honor to host the first event this season and bring the series back to the fans. We have had successful Ford events at Bandimere in the past, but bringing a Fun Ford Weekend raises the bar significantly. We are just having a one-day, Sunday-only event for the series this year, but already know that we will be planning on a multiple day event in 2012 because it’s going to be such a hit.”

JE Pistons and Roush Yates are supporting the series as it kicks back into action. Doug Yates, CEO of Roush Yates, said the series will help the companies connect with its customers on many levels.

“Roush Yates and JE Pistons have partnered on a lot of great promotions in the past and we expect the Fun Ford Weekend to provide a great audience of current and future customers,” Yates said. “This series will help us promote our website www.roushyatesparts.com as well as our ordering hotline at 877-604-8077, to thousands of Ford enthusiasts seeking the best in custom and new parts, as well as these incredible engines. Our goal is to educate every Fun Ford Weekend participant and fan that they can buy new and used Roush Yates parts the same as professional stock car and drag racing teams do every day.”

Further details about the series can be found on line at www.funfordweekend.com. Information regarding competition drag racing and car show classes will be announced soon

Comment

re

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      It would be nice if this board could meet up and have a cruise on the way out there, and have a section for us in the parking area.
      If it happens, I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
        I agree 100%, back when there were 125+ cars in true street was the best years
        It was badass back then,We ran true street and were 8th with an average of 11.18..
        sigpic

Comment

I went in 06, and again in 08. I was really disappointed in 08 with the turn out compared to 06. I pulled my cargo down there full of parts in 08 and sold about 60% of my stuff, but had I gone in 06 I know it would have all sold.

I'm not interested unless they have 10.5 cars with a serious payout. I'll go to Memphis if they have a 10.5 class. Our local 1/8 track gets a amazing turnout with 10.5 cars. Guys driving 6+ hours to race 10.5, and bringing some pretty serious cars. Big payouts are a must.

Comment

I would be down with that
            True Street MotorSports
            901 N McDonald St Suite 100
            McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
            Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

True Street MotorSports
              901 N McDonald St Suite 100
              McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
              Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  What was it that made it uncool? The last event I went to still had all of those things.
                  the last year that it ran some 2 guys died playing with the fuel in thier roush and burned alive while the true street cruise drive right by, then it rained out on sunday. they didnt even publish the event so far as i know in the mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                    the last year that it ran some 2 guys died playing with the fuel in thier roush and burned alive while the true street cruise drive right by, then it rained out on sunday. they didnt even publish the event so far as i know in the mag.
                    I remember that! It was a red or maroon color "new body style" (probably 05 or so) I think.

But I think they did publish it

Comment

Two perish in auto fire

By JOANN LIVINGSTON Daily Light Managing Editor
                      Monday, September 18, 2006 11:03 AM CDT

ENNIS — A fatal accident near the Texas Motorplex mid-afternoon Saturday claimed the lives of two Houston area men.

Investigating officer, Ennis police Lt. Ron Roark, said the two men - Chris Goodheart, 37, and Darr Allen Westra, 38, both of Spring - were part of a group that had come up from Houston to race at the track, pulling the vehicle, a 2006 Ford Mustang coupe, on a trailer.

“They were best friends,” Roark said. “They were racing and were having a problem with a fuel pump.”

The track only allows two time trials, so when the problem continued, the two men took the Mustang, which Westra owned, out onto the northbound lanes of U.S. Highway 287 for further testing, witnesses told police.

Roark said preliminary information indicates the fuel line came loose under the engine and shot gas all over the engine.

“The flames totally engulfed the engine and the fire wall,” he said.

A truck driver who witnessed the incident told police flames broke out and engulfed the car as it was going down the highway and that Goodheart, who was driving, climbed out on the door frame and appeared to try and steer the vehicle from the outside before jumping out of the car and hitting the pavement, Roark said.

The vehicle continued on and went off the roadway, striking a concrete culvert, rolling and ejecting Westra, who was the passenger, before coming to a stop in a nearby field, Roark said.

Witnesses told police they pulled Westra from underneath the vehicle, which was still on fire.

The truck driver and two registered nurses who were behind the accident stopped to provide aid to the men while emergency personnel responded. Both men were transported by air ambulance to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, where they were pronounced dead.

The northbound lanes of the highway were shut down for about an hour before the accident scene was cleared, Roark said, saying it took the fire department several attempts to extinguish the burning vehicle.

“It was literally covered in gasoline,” he said, saying it was initially thought the vehicle might have been modified to allow for the use of a nitrous-like special fuel, but that the people who came with the men from Houston said the vehicle had not been modified in that manner.

Comment

Alot of people weren't paid money owed. I believe Chili was owed money for brackets and contingency.
                        Last edited by Magnimike1; 05-18-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I remember showing up and driving by that accident. Had no idea it was fatal. That's sad!
                          00 GT
                          Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                            Alot of people weren't paid money owed. I believe Chili was owed money for brackets and contingency.
                            Because they didn't go up to the tower when called. I got paid.

Posted via Rapture Software
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                              Damn shame. Those guys died of their own ignorance.
                              Several people told them not to drive their car until the fuel leak was fixed. Don't remember if it was fuel rail, injectors or pump and fittings.

Posted via Rapture Software
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                                the sites blocked on my damn work cpu for some reason, so i didnt see that. but if theres no true street if i go, it will be as a spectator.
                                You work for XTO?

Comment

Working...
                                X