• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
    modified to allow for the use of a nitrous-like special fuel
    always blaming the nitrous-like special fuel

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
      Alot of people weren't paid money owed. I believe Chili was owed money for brackets and contingency.
      Didn't they even do a stop payment on a $5k check to Mike Murillo? I remember him racing his wife's car in some class and winning the whole deal but he agreed to split the pot with the runner up. The car wasn't teched correctly or something I think. I also remember lots of people getting boned on contingency money.

Comment

Originally posted by hasley84 View Post
        You work for XTO?
        negative. the agency that was responsible for the death of Osama...the US Navy
        2011 Mustang GT
        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys I wanted to let you know they just poped out info today.

Fun Ford Weekend, the Blue Oval fan-favorite series celebrating all things Ford, returns to Texas Motorplex, Oct. 8. Fun Ford Weekend presented by JE Pistons and Roush Yates, features a car show, drag race, swap meet, autocross and more. Pre-Registration opens for all competitors on Friday July 29 at texasmotorplex.com and funfordweekend.com.

JE Pistons and Roush Yates are supporting the series as it kicks back into action. Doug Yates, CEO of Roush Yates, said the series will help the companies connect with its customers on many levels.

“Roush Yates and JE Pistons have partnered on a lot of great promotions in the past and we expect the Fun Ford Weekend to provide a great audience of current and future customers,” Yates said. “This series will help us promote our website www.roushyatesparts.com as well as our ordering hotline at 877-604-8077, to thousands of Ford enthusiasts seeking the best in custom and new parts, as well as these incredible engines. Our goal is to educate every Fun Ford Weekend participant and fan that they can buy new and used Roush Yates parts the same as professional stock car and drag racing teams do every day.”

Participant entry fee: All Fun Ford Weekend participants will be charged $25 to enter the participant gate (Gate 10).

Participants in autocross, Show-n-Shine, Swap Meet and Car Corral will not have to pay additional fees at the Registration Center. Participants in Quick Ford (box, transbrake), Fast Ford (no box, no transbrake), True Street DOT (street legal, insured), Quick 16 DOT, Dial for Dollars, Judged Car Show, Heads Up Tough Trucks, Heads up Four-Door Frenzy and Heads Up Mustang Madness are required to pay additional fees as follows when picking up registration and tech cards at the Registration Center.

Category Additional Fee Total Class Payout

Quick Ford (Elec.) $50 $3,000 ($1,500 to win)
          Fast Ford (No Elec.) $50 $3,000 ($1,500 to win)
          True Street DOT $10 $1,000 ($300 to win)
          Quick 16 DOT $10 $750 ($250 to win)
          Dial for Dollars $20 Winner takes the Dial for Dollars pot
          Tough Trucks (heads up) $10 Trophies, gift cards, prizes
          Four-Door Frenzy (heads up) $10 Trophies, gift cards, prizes
          Mustang Madness (heads up) $10 Trophies,gift cards, prizes
          All judged car show $0 Plaques, goodie bags, prizes
          Show-n-Shine $0 Goodie bags, prizes
          Autocross $0 Plaques, goodie bags, prizes
          Swap Meet $0
          Car Corral $0
          Test-n-Tune $10

Show Car Categories: All car show participants who register before Sept. 30 receive a limited edition event souvenir along with the participant goodie bag.

Mustang: 1964-’69, 1970-’73, 1974-’78, 1979-’93, 1994-’98, 1999-2004, 2005-’08, 2009-present
          Conversion (Ford powered vehicle)
          Competition Sports: GT 40, Cobra, Kit Car, Road Race, Etc.
          Compact
          Open
          Thunderbird
          Pick-Up Full/Mini 4WD
          Galaxie, Fairlane, Torino
          Pick-Up Full/Mini 2WD
          Rod (pre-1948)
          SUV 4WD
          SUV 2WD
          Lincoln
          Mercury
          Nostalgia
          Big Car

* Special Awards to include: Track Choice, Best Wheels, Cool Factor, People’s Choice, Best Engine, Best Paint/Body, Best of Show and more.

Spectator Ticket Prices
          Adult/Crew: $10 ($5 off adult tickets with canned good donation at spectator box office)
          Youth (Age 12-17): $5
          Children 11 & under are FREE

Parking Fees

Spectator Parking: $5
          Pit Side Spectator Parking: $20 (Gate 10 & Park in Red Key)

For more information, contact Texas Motorplex at (972) 878-2641, go online at www.texasmotorplex.com or www.funfordweekend.com

Comment

How strict is the tech-in going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
              iv heard everyone say there pretty strict at the motorplex just what i heard have no idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Aluminumfalcon View Post
                Hey guys I wanted to let you know they just poped out info today.

Fun Ford Weekend, the Blue Oval fan-favorite series celebrating all things Ford, returns to Texas Motorplex, Oct. 8. Fun Ford Weekend presented by JE Pistons and Roush Yates, features a car show, drag race, swap meet, autocross and more. Pre-Registration opens for all competitors on Friday July 29 at texasmotorplex.com and funfordweekend.com.

JE Pistons and Roush Yates are supporting the series as it kicks back into action. Doug Yates, CEO of Roush Yates, said the series will help the companies connect with its customers on many levels.

“Roush Yates and JE Pistons have partnered on a lot of great promotions in the past and we expect the Fun Ford Weekend to provide a great audience of current and future customers,” Yates said. “This series will help us promote our website www.roushyatesparts.com as well as our ordering hotline at 877-604-8077, to thousands of Ford enthusiasts seeking the best in custom and new parts, as well as these incredible engines. Our goal is to educate every Fun Ford Weekend participant and fan that they can buy new and used Roush Yates parts the same as professional stock car and drag racing teams do every day.”

Participant entry fee: All Fun Ford Weekend participants will be charged $25 to enter the participant gate (Gate 10).

Participants in autocross, Show-n-Shine, Swap Meet and Car Corral will not have to pay additional fees at the Registration Center. Participants in Quick Ford (box, transbrake), Fast Ford (no box, no transbrake), True Street DOT (street legal, insured), Quick 16 DOT, Dial for Dollars, Judged Car Show, Heads Up Tough Trucks, Heads up Four-Door Frenzy and Heads Up Mustang Madness are required to pay additional fees as follows when picking up registration and tech cards at the Registration Center.

Category Additional Fee Total Class Payout

Quick Ford (Elec.) $50 $3,000 ($1,500 to win)
                Fast Ford (No Elec.) $50 $3,000 ($1,500 to win)
                True Street DOT $10 $1,000 ($300 to win)
                Quick 16 DOT $10 $750 ($250 to win)
                Dial for Dollars $20 Winner takes the Dial for Dollars pot
                Tough Trucks (heads up) $10 Trophies, gift cards, prizes
                Four-Door Frenzy (heads up) $10 Trophies, gift cards, prizes
                Mustang Madness (heads up) $10 Trophies,gift cards, prizes
                All judged car show $0 Plaques, goodie bags, prizes
                Show-n-Shine $0 Goodie bags, prizes
                Autocross $0 Plaques, goodie bags, prizes
                Swap Meet $0
                Car Corral $0
                Test-n-Tune $10

Show Car Categories: All car show participants who register before Sept. 30 receive a limited edition event souvenir along with the participant goodie bag.

Mustang: 1964-’69, 1970-’73, 1974-’78, 1979-’93, 1994-’98, 1999-2004, 2005-’08, 2009-present
                Conversion (Ford powered vehicle)
                Competition Sports: GT 40, Cobra, Kit Car, Road Race, Etc.
                Compact
                Open
                Thunderbird
                Pick-Up Full/Mini 4WD
                Galaxie, Fairlane, Torino
                Pick-Up Full/Mini 2WD
                Rod (pre-1948)
                SUV 4WD
                SUV 2WD
                Lincoln
                Mercury
                Nostalgia
                Big Car

* Special Awards to include: Track Choice, Best Wheels, Cool Factor, People’s Choice, Best Engine, Best Paint/Body, Best of Show and more.

Spectator Ticket Prices
                Adult/Crew: $10 ($5 off adult tickets with canned good donation at spectator box office)
                Youth (Age 12-17): $5
                Children 11 & under are FREE

Parking Fees

Spectator Parking: $5
                Pit Side Spectator Parking: $20 (Gate 10 & Park in Red Key)

For more information, contact Texas Motorplex at (972) 878-2641, go online at www.texasmotorplex.com or www.funfordweekend.com
                You sure that Quick FOrd and Fast Ford are like that? I remember Quick Ford being the NO ELECTRONICS Class......in the old FFW.
                It has been quite a few years though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  Pretty sure you are out. Has to be ford powered...er.. it was in the past. They kicked JOHN out for his wagon bieng LSx powered.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                    Pretty sure you are out. Has to be ford powered...er.. it was in the past. They kicked JOHN out for his wagon bieng LSx powered.
                    Because some asshole ratted him out. Otherwise he would have slipped through.

Comment

ya, somebody would rat me out for sure. i figured i could at least test-n-tune but i guess it'd be a pretty expensive tnt session @ $35. i've never been to a ffw though, ah, the joys of having a bastard child mustang.

Comment

still no true street abd cruise?

brooks how fast do you think the dot guys(not the quick 16) will be going?

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                          still no true street abd cruise?

brooks how fast do you think the dot guys(not the quick 16) will be going?
                          7's

Comment

U reallythink that guys in the street class will all be running 7s? And again will this class have a cruise as well?

Comment

Originally posted by 4pnt6 View Post
                              I remember showing up and driving by that accident. Had no idea it was fatal. That's sad!
                              Me too, I remember seeing it engulfed and thinking to myself WTF and saying a prayer. I had no idea that anyone had perished at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                                U reallythink that guys in the street class will all be running 7s? And again will this class have a cruise as well?
                                If not, very low 8's

Comment

Working...
                                X