Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
    See, that's where you lose me...

13.46 @ 99MPH with just 3.73, mufflers and pullies.
    They run well, but if the heads were not so shitty it would run alot better. The e7 is good to high 12s with all the proper weight and suspension mods.

To get into low low 12s high 11s on motor it's time to ditch the heads and intake.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      They run well, but if the heads were not so shitty it would run alot better. The e7 is good to high 12s with all the proper weight and suspension mods.

To get into low low 12s high 11s on motor it's time to ditch the heads and intake.
      I know you're young, but have you ever heard of a class of racing from the Fun Ford days called Trophy Stock?

Comment

• FYI you dont have to spend $2500 to make a h/c/i car out of a fox. Hog out some gt40's and put some springs in, buy an explorer upper, lower and T.B.(same as a FMS 65mm) and pick up your choice of cam. That plus longtubes, pullies, an electric fan, and bypassed smog pump should get you close to 300hp. Ive done it twice and know of one more car that has the same setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by noslow5_0 View Post
          FYI you dont have to spend $2500 to make a h/c/i car out of a fox. Hog out some gt40's and put some springs in, buy an explorer upper, lower and T.B.(same as a FMS 65mm) and pick up your choice of cam. That plus longtubes, pullies, an electric fan, and bypassed smog pump should get you close to 300hp. Ive done it twice and know of one more car that has the same setup.
          TEA can make some E7s flow.

Comment

I know you're young, but have you ever heard of a class of racing from the Fun Ford days called Trophy Stock?
            I was an attendant to fun ford 2002 at the motorplex.

I remember the class but i was 11 and dont remember much.

Comment

• Originally posted by noslow5_0 View Post
              FYI you dont have to spend $2500 to make a h/c/i car out of a fox. Hog out some gt40's and put some springs in, buy an explorer upper, lower and T.B.(same as a FMS 65mm) and pick up your choice of cam. That plus longtubes, pullies, an electric fan, and bypassed smog pump should get you close to 300hp. Ive done it twice and know of one more car that has the same setup.
              That's the plan my man.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                I was an attendant to fun ford 2002 at the motorplex.

I remember the class but i was 11 and dont remember much.
                Damn... fucking make me feel old while you're at it!

Anyway, look at the stipulations the vehicles need to abide by and look at some of their times. If you're not impressed, I don't know what would impress you. Granted, there were several mods that could be done, but not much. It had to be the best "5.0" racing I've ever witnessed.

Comment

• For $2500 I would
                  TW FAC 190's w/ RR's-------------------------------$1200

Buy a TFS "R" intake----------------------------------$450

BBK Longtubes----------------------------------------$175

75mm tb----------------------------------------------$125
                  --
                  Custom Cam------------------------------------------$350

Gaskets & Oil-----------------------------------------$150

Would make probably 330-345 RWHP @ 65-6700 RPM. Should be good enough to hit high 11's with traction and gears. Depending on the camshaft timing events the pistons may not need to be notched.

Comment

Damn... fucking make me feel old while you're at it!

Anyway, look at the stipulations the vehicles need to abide by and look at some of their times. If you're not impressed, I don't know what would impress you. Granted, there were several mods that could be done, but not much. It had to be the best "5.0" racing I've ever witnessed.
                    Haha!

Yeah man that's when the 03 cobra first came out and there was one in the pits right next to us and it was coolest thing ever!

Not to mention running Jyro the fuel can while he was hot lapping a certain class.

Ever hear of PoMoFo racing?? Haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
                      For $2500 I would
                      TW FAC 190's w/ RR's-------------------------------$1200

Buy a TFS "R" intake----------------------------------$450

BBK Longtubes----------------------------------------$175

75mm tb----------------------------------------------$125
                      --
                      Custom Cam------------------------------------------$350

Gaskets & Oil-----------------------------------------$150

Would make probably 330-345 RWHP @ 65-6700 RPM. Should be good enough to hit high 11's with traction and gears. Depending on the camshaft timing events the pistons may not need to be notched.
                      That would stomp ass.

Comment

• or for $2500 I'd buy a single turbo kit and fuel system. Then make this:

Comment

• Maybe...

Comment

• Wtf? a stock 5.0 fox faster than a 4v? ...my first 4v had 4.30's and full exhaust it was rare when I lost to a H/C/I fox...just sayin
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

• Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                              Wtf? a stock 5.0 fox faster than a 4v? ...my first 4v had 4.30's and full exhaust it was rare when I lost to a H/C/I fox...just sayin
                              must have been a slow h/c/i fox.. just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                                Wtf? a stock 5.0 fox faster than a 4v? ...my first 4v had 4.30's and full exhaust it was rare when I lost to a H/C/I fox...just sayin
                                ( 4:30's ) That's why. My car is in need of them.
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X