02 GT Kill/Slaughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Could be a number of variables. The 2010 could have no traction or Mike isn't being competely honest about his mods.
    2011 has radials.

I am not holding anything back. They saw under the hood.

Stock, dust included.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

My mods

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.

No smog or p/s, CAI. Full interior ext..

I wish it had mods. But it doesnt

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
        2011 has radials.

I am not holding anything back. They saw under the hood.

Stock, dust included.
        The more defensive you get, the more suspicious I get. I'd like to see this lil coupe run with my own eyes. Will you be at Sonic next Thursday?

Comment

The more defensive you get, the more suspicious I get. I'd like to see this lil coupe run with my own eyes. Will you be at Sonic next Thursday?
          I've just been through this a time or too.

The one in carrolton? Ya I'll try and make it out.

And not trying to be defensive, I was driving home and was keeping texts short lol.

Comment

Haha. You will believe it when you see it. lol. Idk how Don's is geared, but I think that makes a big difference. especially from a 40/ 50 punch. My car didn't do very well in the rolls because I could never grab enough rpm to get into the powerband. With some 4:10's I would be downshifting right to the meat of the powerband, and would probably do better than I did today. That, and My downshift was a fail on the first run from 40. so idk
            Last edited by Cobraman; 12-04-2010, 12:39 PM.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              Haha. You will believe it when you see it. lol. Idk how Don's is geared, but I think that makes a big difference. especially from a roll. My car didn't do very well in the rolls because I could never grab enough rpm to get into the powerband. With some 4:10's I would be downshifting right to the meat of the powerband, and would probably do better than I did today. That, and My downshift was a fail on the first run from 40. so idk
              A tip from me to you.

Already have it in low gear before you start. That's why I jumped out everytime. It takes time to downshift so just skip out on that.

Top end you were right there with me. I was at the top of 4th and you were on my bumper that I couldn't change lanes In front of you so I had to take a detour. Lol. Intense.

Comment

Haha. You will believe it when you see it. lol. Idk how Don's is geared, but I think that makes a big difference. especially from a 40/ 50 punch. My car didn't do very well in the rolls because I could never grab enough rpm to get into the powerband. With some 4:10's I would be downshifting right to the meat of the powerband, and would probably do better than I did today. That, and My downshift was a fail on the first run from 40. so idk
                Well fix it! You're making us SN95 Cobra owners look bad!

Comment

Well fix it! You're making us SN95 Cobra owners look bad!
                  Haha, his car runs good. It looks nice too.

When you make close to the same power and weigh less and more aggressive gearing, the old shitty fox can turn a fee heads.

Dons car was pulling me, I didn't think it was that close.

I just wish I could dig race this car. But I need to:

Upper lower control arms. Springs and weld up the torque boxes and I'll in bussiness.

Comment

You didn't see his coupe run. How does a stock 5.0 coupe with 3:73's keep up with a 2010 Gt with exaust, tune, and drag suspension? It's crazy.
                    LOL I let off at 80 the 2nd run.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Yeah, I didn't think I was keeping up.

In fact, I was suprised you were even trying.

Just picking on the slow pokes. Haha!

Comment

When I first put the novi on my 97 it still had stock 2:73 gears in it. The best feel for it was slam 2cd @70, it'd be just right for the boost and had some rpm to go. Once the 4:30's were in and I did the pulley swap and tune it was pretty well good anywhere you put it.

Cobraman, like said above, you'll be wondering why you waited so long on the gear swap once you put them in. My 97 would pull @ 155 in 5th with the rev limiter set at 6500. You should be in the 160 range top speed with 4th topping out somewhere @110 IIRC

Comment

Yeah, I didn't think I was keeping up.

In fact, I was suprised you were even trying.

Just picking on the slow pokes. Haha!
                          The first run I stretched it out. The 2nd I jumped out so hard I just goosed it a few times till y'all got close, then watched you two go.
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            Well I know that, but im saying that when we took off he stayed within a car length? maybe my depth perception was off lol.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Haha, his car runs good. It looks nice too.

When you make close to the same power and weigh less and more aggressive gearing, the old @#!*% fox can turn a fee heads.

Dons car was pulling me, I didn't think it was that close.

I just wish I could dig race this car. But I need to:

Upper lower control arms. Springs and weld up the torque boxes and I'll in bussiness.
                              Your car can't make more than 250hp to the flywheel can it? My car came stock with 305, granted it's tired. but with my mods its probably making at least 315hp if not more, as well as quite a bit more torque. Thats why I am so confused why I couldn't pull you. It just doesnt add up. Granted the whole gears arguement, I still thought I would reel you in.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Well I know that, but im saying that when we took off he stayed within a car length? maybe my depth perception was off lol.
                                I was jumping on and off the throttle. No real wide open 2nd run.
                                dont downshift!!

Comment

Working...
                                X