• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by majorownage View Post
    lmfao!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      absorb, deflect, derail, deny.
      Like I said. If my rear end cost that much and I was worried about breaking it running that slow I'd sell that pos. That sucker better be bullet proof.

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
        Like I said. If my rear end cost that much and I was worried about breaking it running that slow I'd sell that pos. That sucker better be bullet proof.
        That's OEM cost, since the trans is in the rear. Hence the excessive price tag.

And 140mph traps are not slow.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          That's OEM cost, since the trans is in the rear. Hence the excessive price tag.

And 140mph traps are not slow.
          I know 140 isn't slow. His numbers sound made up though. He said he back halfs 30 mph so he is trapping 113 in the 8th? It's a cammed ls3 vette on spray right?

Comment

I know 140 isn't slow. His numbers sound made up though. He said he back halfs 30 mph so he is trapping 113 in the 8th? It's a cammed ls3 vette on spray right?
            650whp with a mountain of torque can easily produce those traps in a corvette.

it can also break a lot of stuff, too
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Keep driving a fox body. At least that way your $5000 rear end will be bulletproof. The cost of parts on a $50k car is a bit higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                Keep driving a fox body. At least that way your $5000 rear end will be bulletproof. The cost of parts on a $50k car is a bit higher.
                Aint going to lie that is why I have one. No need in having a car that I can't afford to fix. Heck I can't even afford to fix my fox!

Comment

Correct. My only 150 shot pass in good air before I broke I ran a 7.0 @ 109.6 and a 10.65@139.47.. With a 1.96 60 because the car bogged badly (can't ride stock clutch or it'll be replace time)

Previous owner ran (at Lonestar in Sealy which I've heard is a fast track) a 6.778 @112 and a 10.41 @ 143 with a 1.89 60.. The car had a race clutch in it and stock gears (has 3.90s now)at the time which I've swapped out for ease of cruising. vetes get shit done with less power.t
                  Last edited by STROKD; 10-07-2011, 01:25 PM. Reason: found correct ET from previous owner on other forum

Comment

• So you bought a car someone else built?

That's cool and all, but building your own has more pride then paying for someone else's work.

Then again, it's just nitrous and a cam.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                      Correct. My only 150 shot pass in good air before I broke I ran a 7.0 @ 109.6 and a 10.65@139.47.. With a 1.96 60 because the car bogged badly (can't ride stock clutch or it'll be replace time)

Previous owner ran (at Lonestar in Sealy which I've heard is a fast track) a 6.778 @112 and a 10.41 @ 143 with a 1.89 60.. The car had a race clutch in it and stock gears (has 3.90s now)at the time which I've swapped out for ease of cruising. vetes get shit done with less power.t
                      That is pretty strong not going to lie. What numbers is it putting down an what's the race weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                        So you bought a car someone else built?

That's cool and all, but building your own has more pride then paying for someone else's work.

20 yo kid I bought it from didn't build shit... GForce Motorsports in Pearland built and tuned the car... Not any different than any other shop built car in the local area... Its a Vette (I wanted to keep it fairly original), but I've rebuilt my stang about 7 times from top to bottom... When I was your age it was on its third setup. ive had enough with building my own shit...

Comment

That is pretty strong not going to lie. What numbers is it putting down an what's the race weight?
                          It made 622/621 in Pearland a touch lean(high 12s). I'm runnin it fat(11.5 to 11.7) and with gears it made 645/560 last year the one and only time it's been on dyno on 150 since I bought it 2 yrs ago. Race weight with me in car was 3365 with half tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                            So you bought a car someone else built?

Building your own is different with a vette then a fox... Its going to be rare to find someone with a terminator, vette, gt500, viper, etc... That built it themselves in their garage.... I wld pay for shit to be done or alrdy be done knowing its been done right too lol. And u already know me... I dnt get my hands dirty too often with mine even due to time constraints
                            1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
                              Building your own is different with a vette then a fox... Its going to be rare to find someone with a terminator, vette, gt500, viper, etc... That built it themselves in their garage.... I wld pay for shit to be done or alrdy be done knowing its been done right too lol. And u already know me... I dnt get my hands dirty too often with mine even due to time constraints
                              Different strokes for different folks. There are exceptions, but a lot of things can be done by the owner of the car.

It's a relationship rather you admit it or not. Lol

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• The fact of the matter is most of the fast cars were built by someone else. People with the money to blow on a 50~100k dollar race car don't have the time necisary to build it "right". They are to busy making money. I prefer to buildmy own but its because I enjoy fab work and because I can't afford to have smeone else do it.
                                89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Working...
                                X