anyone about to watch street outlaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
    Come on dude.. it's not a street car if it has a 25 point cage and you cant drive it with out a helmet on.. NONE of those cars are street cars.. they are all Gutted out race cars.

Street cars = i can get in.. throw in some 93 and roll it to the grocery story with my wife in the pass seat with the COLD ASS AC blasting listening to music... and then off to the movies.

again.. i guess since i dont have a big power car my idea of "Street car" vs "Race car" is different.
    Chris (BoostedGT) has done all that with exception to the wife riding with him. I know he is a little crazy but no "Ball N Chain" crazy.

Comment

Street cars = i can get in.. throw in some 93 and roll it to the grocery story with my wife in the pass seat with the COLD ASS AC blasting listening to music... and then off to the movies.

again.. i guess since i dont have a big power car my idea of "Street car" vs "Race car" is different.
      by that standard my bust ass ranger is a "Balls out Racecar".
      The way I see it is if it's legal to drive on the street, it's a street car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zfan View Post
        Chris (BoostedGT) has done all that with exception to the wife riding with him. I know he is a little crazy but no "Ball N Chain" crazy.
        Clearly i was talking about the OKC guys
        2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

• No A/C in texas means "racecar"

Exceptions:
          If your a/c is broke that does not equal "racecar"

If you pulled your a/c out to think you are cool and will break into the 14's.. that does not mean racecar.
          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
            No A/C in texas means "racecar"

Exceptions:
            If your a/c is broke that does not equal "racecar"

If you pulled your a/c out to think you are cool and will break into the 14's.. that does not mean racecar.
            i'm to FAT not to have AC.. NO AC means POS or Race car
            2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

• No A/c means Im not driving it for 3/4's of the year.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Come on dude.. it's not a street car if it has a 25 point cage and you cant drive it with out a helmet on.. NONE of those cars are street cars.. they are all Gutted out race cars.

Can you race it? Then it's a race car. Can you drive it on the street? Then it's a street car. Can you race a street car? Yep. Can you drive a race car on the street? Yep. Same thing.

Anything beyond this is up to your personal standards. I guarantee you anyone on the show would love to drive their car to the grocery store every once in a while, and many of them probably do. Just because it's not practical doesn't mean it's not possible.

For my definition I'd say that you need to be able to register the vehicle for use on the street and carry insurance for it to be considered as a street car. The 25 point cage, wheelie bars, slicks, lexan windows and all the other race car stuff will make it suck to drive every day but when you go fast enough you need to take safety into consideration over comfort.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Can you race it? Then it's a race car. Can you drive it on the street? Then it's a street car. Can you race a street car? Yep. Can you drive a race car on the street? Yep. Same thing.

Anything beyond this is up to your personal standards. I guarantee you anyone on the show would love to drive their car to the grocery store every once in a while, and many of them probably do. Just because it's not practical doesn't mean it's not possible.

For my definition I'd say that you need to be able to register the vehicle for use on the street and carry insurance for it to be considered as a street car. The 25 point cage, wheelie bars, slicks, lexan windows and all the other race car stuff will make it suck to drive every day but when you go fast enough you need to take safety into consideration over comfort.
                  Oh shit... Work up old man Brandy

Either way those monsters are fast.. 600+ cube motor.. f3X+ who knows how much nitrous... getting that much power to hook on the street is crazy.
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

Oh shit... Work up old man Brandy

Either way those monsters are fast.. 600+ cube motor.. f3X+ who knows how much nitrous... getting that much power to hook on the street is crazy.
                    Pretty sure we're the same age you old bastard.

Comment

• Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                      The end of this vid has me rollin! 100+mph down a side street that looks to drop off the face of the motherfucking earth.....what sane individual does that? Lmfao

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
                      That service road isn't as sketchy as it looks. If you lift when you're supposed to, there is plenty of shut down.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                        Pretty sure we're the same age you old bastard.
                        Exactly!!! im getting old as fuck.. and so are you
                        2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
                          I've beat Doc twice. His car is fast. My car had issues that night against Flip. Thats racing. The faster car doesn't always win. Ronnie was betting that the truck and nova would spin. It didn't happen. Ronnie was on a 10.5W tire and raced two cars that had 33x15+ tires on them. Baller spun against a car that had 31x10.5W tires on it. Hell the car I raced had W tires on it. OKC knows what works and what doesnt. We go back and forth with these guys all the time. This time last year we knocked every last one of them out in the first round of cash days. As for street racing cred, I could really careless... After the show aired, I've gotten a TON of messages on my facebook page from people wanting to lock in races. Guess what, I'll be taking full advantage of that... Nothing like millions watching you lose and thinking your shit is slow.
                          And u will really be rolling in the money go kick some ass

Originally posted by BP View Post

Well put. There truly has never been a fully clear definition so I agree with this post
                          99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                          going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

• Driving around in any car with a roll cage and no helmet at any time is asking for trouble. Im sure you wear your harness nice and tight too while out cruising around.

While some of the cars on the show can still be drove around on a decent basis. I wouldnt call them street cars. Ill call it what it is, street racing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                              Driving around in any car with a roll cage and no helmet at any time is asking for trouble. Im sure you wear your harness nice and tight too while out cruising around.

While some of the cars on the show can still be drove around on a decent basis. I wouldnt call them street cars. Ill call it what it is, street racing.
                              Best way to put it. Street racing.
                              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

• i have been out of the loop but what happened to "flip"
                                KODFWS 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X