No announcement yet.

Second Tex275 class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not making any excuses for anything just saying what I think.

Do you not think if we just had one local track and all classes raced just once a month like Oklahoma or Houston car count wouldn't grow for every class? Not trying to start an argument just asking a simple question.

Comment

• Originally posted by 582nova View Post
      I'm not making any excuses for anything just saying what I think.

Do you not think if we just had one local track and all classes raced just once a month like Oklahoma or Houston car count wouldn't grow for every class? Not trying to start an argument just asking a simple question.

Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by 582nova View Post
        I'm not making any excuses for anything just saying what I think.

I agree also.

Comment

• Also look at Houston has the biggest payout on local x275 race every month. Oklahoma has more cars than them and they have a way bigger payout. Don't hold me to the numbers but I think the last two races they had 16-18 cars only. Our class has 12-16 on average with only 1,200 to win. I can only think of about maybe 20 local cars that say they will run with us and out of that we normally only get about 12 if that. If the class keeps getting faster more will drop out. There is no perfect fix for the class all we can try to do it still have fun. That's what Oklahoma does they don't have a high entry fee, pays good and the guys just like having fun. Wish we could pick up sponsers and do the same but we never can get enough to pay out every month and it not a lack of us trying to get them.

Comment

• if it only is going to take a 2k purse to bring everyone out, and there apparently 2 millionaires with money to spare ....................

Comment

• Originally posted by zemog View Post
              if it only is going to take a 2k purse to bring everyone out, and there apparently 2 millionaires with money to spare ....................

Thats why I suggested a gamblers race for the Bigtimers LOL not give the money to the slow class............. Millionaires are that for a reason they are not givers...

JS
              sigpic

Comment

if it only is going to take a 2k purse to bring everyone out, and there apparently 2 millionaires with money to spare ....................
                Team up and sponsor each class.
                2014 GT
                2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

if it only is going to take a 2k purse to bring everyone out, and there is apparently a millionare with money to spare ....................
                  Fixed it for you.
                  sigpic

Comment

• IMO the class has gotten to fast and out of hand. From what i see at the track, There are a bunch of guys that run 5.3-5.7 ish but cannot afford or maybe do not have a desire to go faster. If you could create a class that the fastest guys runs .2 or maybe a teen like a couple years ago, car count could be much higher. There are a bunch of cars I would see in the class that no longer run. I remember a coulple old 60's camaros, couple random fox bodies, wanting to say a couple novas that I have not seen back in the past couple years. Those guys were 5.3-5.4 ish cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                      You could do that, but have you read this thread? Lol, it's a joke. The FAST cars are wanting to run the "sissy" class. Never mind the fact that the reason for the "sissy" class is for the slower cars to bring up the car count. Not for the people who have unlimited amounts of cash to run with and run away with the class.

Drag racing is in fact "He with the most money wins" game.
                      X2. a reason y I enjoy brackets. It can be more of a drivers race. But im way slow so I have no real dog in any of this anyways just my .02
                      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

• What did I miss?

There better be a X275 next year...and what's wrong with a $200 buy in to get a $2000 payout to win?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                          IMO the class has gotten to fast and out of hand. From what i see at the track, There are a bunch of guys that run 5.3-5.7 ish but cannot afford or maybe do not have a desire to go faster. If you could create a class that the fastest guys runs .2 or maybe a teen like a couple years ago, car count could be much higher. There are a bunch of cars I would see in the class that no longer run. I remember a coulple old 60's camaros, couple random fox bodies, wanting to say a couple novas that I have not seen back in the past couple years. Those guys were 5.3-5.4 ish cars.

This^

Most of the working class simply can't afford to keep getting faster. I don't see 275 growing locally unless it slows down. But that won't ever happen.
                          One day at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                            IMO the class has gotten to fast and out of hand. From what i see at the track, There are a bunch of guys that run 5.3-5.7 ish but cannot afford or maybe do not have a desire to go faster. If you could create a class that the fastest guys runs .2 or maybe a teen like a couple years ago, car count could be much higher. There are a bunch of cars I would see in the class that no longer run. I remember a coulple old 60's camaros, couple random fox bodies, wanting to say a couple novas that I have not seen back in the past couple years. Those guys were 5.3-5.4 ish cars.
                            The class didn't get out of hand. The class simply advanced more for some while others stayed at the same ET.
                            Those few guys who are in the 5.20-5.70 range will continue to stay away from the class. Slowing it down .15-.20 isn't going to change the car count. It only breaks it into two classes. One class will blossom while the other will fizzle out. Changing entry fee will keep those cars away.

Comment

• Originally posted by onjacks View Post
                              This^

Most of the working class simply can't afford to keep getting faster. I don't see 275 growing locally unless it slows down. But that won't ever happen.
                              People that use the word "afford" should not own a X275 car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                                People that use the word "afford" should not own a X275 car.
                                Yep!
                                People that use that word should just stay home.

Comment

Working...
                                X