Second Tex275 class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More $ brings more cars.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
      More $ brings more cars.
      More money brings cars in that the locals don't want to race except for a few.

Bring some sponsors in.
      903-870-8109

Thank you:
      2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
      Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
      Jimmy Patton for the pit help
      Chris Fowler for the motor work
      TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
      NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
      Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
      Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
      Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by bigminz View Post
        How about get more cars to come.
        Since the Beginning dfw tex true 10.5 has been a class that is nitrous favored and controlled by the majority nitrous guys. If the class was a all run on 275 with weights class like oklahoma with a 2000 to win deal you would have 25-30 cars show up. The faster cars get tired of being ruled out of the class.

Everyone wants a place to fit in and i think the slower class is ideal for local guys and if we want more fast cars to show up for the fast class make it a all run on 275 class 3250 weight and that is it. with atleast 2000 to win they will come.

I am going to try and piece together two cars for next year one for each class FYI to support tex275 if the payouts are guaranteed.

JS
        Last edited by LSX121; 11-21-2013, 11:19 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Higher payout brings more cars but does NOT bring more fans. The tracks need fans to make money. Take a look at the Denton X275 races this year, the field was full for all of the races but there were NO spectators. More people at Kdale on a Sunday TNT.

Comment

• You could do that, but have you read this thread? Lol, it's a joke. The FAST cars are wanting to run the "sissy" class. Never mind the fact that the reason for the "sissy" class is for the slower cars to bring up the car count. Not for the people who have unlimited amounts of cash to run with and run away with the class.

Drag racing is in fact "He with the most money wins" game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSX121 View Post
              Since the Beginning dfw tex true 10.5 has been a class that is nitrous favored and controlled by the majority nitrous guys. If the class was a all run on 275 with weights class like oklahoma with a 2000 to win deal you would have 25-30 cars show up. The faster cars get tired of being ruled out of the class.

Everyone wants a place to fit in and i think the slower class is ideal for local guys and if we want more fast cars to show up for the fast class make it a all run on 275 class 3250 weight and that is it. with atleast 2000 to win they will come.

I am going to try and piece together two cars for next year one for each class FYI to support tex275

JS
              That's awesome john. Now bring some of these ideas to the meeting in December. I'll bring the popcorn.

Now if we could get some of the experts on here that have never showed to come to a race then car count would be up.
              903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                You could do that, but have you read this thread? Lol, it's a joke. The FAST cars are wanting to run the "sissy" class. Never mind the fact that the reason for the "sissy" class is for the slower cars to bring up the car count. Not for the people who have unlimited amounts of cash to run with and run away with the class.

Drag racing is in fact "He with the most money wins" game.
                I agree with you. Thats why I think the fast class is doomed atleast in dfw As far as the Sissy class its not a money class its a tuning class. Thats why I want to run it.

JS
                sigpic

Comment

I agree with you. Thats why I think the fast class is doomed atleast in dfw

JS
                  And that may be reality. Maybe it's time for a 275 vs 28x10.5 deal but who will fund that? I'm all for the variety in classes but even then without cars every class will fail. Most weekly x275 racing on the east coast is $1000-$1500 to win and they have cars. Of course it is less travel for most too.

The limited class will be a great class to watch and race in. The reality is that it is a sub 5.0 class still.
                  903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

• The Fast class needs to be backed by the ballers that want to run it seems like gamblers type race all throw in to a pot and race for it winner take all....... IT can pay out whatever the bigtimers want to loose...

JS
                    sigpic

Comment

The Fast class needs to be backed by the ballers that want to run it seems like gamblers type race all throw in to a pot and race for it winner take all....... IT can pay out whatever the bigtimers want to loose...

JS
                      903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

• Originally posted by bigminz View Post
                        Now if we could get some of the experts on here that have never showed to come to a race then car count would be up.
                        You included?
                        2004 Cobra
                        www.boostedgt.com
                        www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
                          You included?
                          Yep! The black car will be out. Donating to the class.

You do need to remember something. We have customers cars at every race as well.

How about you?
                          Last edited by bigminz; 11-21-2013, 11:52 AM.
                          903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

I am going to try and piece together two cars for next year one for each class FYI to support tex275 if the payouts are guaranteed.

JS

I got to agree with this John is right I go to most all the OK races and they are packed even the SLOW cars show up every race. Its just sad TEX275 is trying to bring in cars that don't show up, But after these changes most still wont show up, the class will still be dominated by the better faster car always, I spent a ton last year on drums of fuel, Tires, NOS why most every one else stayed at home during the week and watched TV . I rented the track 3 times spent a ton of man hours and in the end there are still going to be people that are not willing to do this and they wonder why there cars are light years behind the top. So instead of making changes and fixing the problem they bitch and don't show up to support the class, so drastic changes are made to get these lazy racers to show up... SAD!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1fastvipper View Post
                              Get your junk meet me at Denton period u will never have a fast race car face it. Just like u will never see your dick, bang a hot chick , or ever run a mile things u will just need to live with!
                              that's what I figured . You claimed you tune for a living bting it out to seven points by your self leave all your employees at home. Lmao

Comment

• I won't run 5.0 anything but will compete (race against) with y'all.

<------------just a small timer wanting to race.

Comment

Working...
                                X