No announcement yet.

Winter cruise awards ceremony -2011 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure would have like to have seen the TT coupe run. I guess they didn't get it tuned in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpillhaze View Post
      I figured, but was not sure, so I did not want to say. He just said "you cut an .002 light are you in?" Hell, that was the only good light of the day for me. Glad she won it!
      Yeah that was my dad. He kept saying it was a damn shame u weren't in at the time. And like u I tried to recreate my best reaction time and couldn't do it. I finally said to hell with it. Lol oh well. It was a hell of an event. Thanx to Brooks and to the northstar crew for running things. So damn smooth and easy
      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Can I get the fastest et award for driving to the track with a/c, ps, and leather interior? Had a good time...got there late, so didn't have much time to walk around and see everyone.

As for the red fox...that's brandons. He actually bought that car from one of clints friends. Every week when he gets his paycheck, he buys one more part or does something to make the car just alittle nicer. Its one of the cleanest foxes around...and it would kill ya to know he picked it up for less than 3k! But he has put A LOT of work into restoring it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
          Can I get the fastest et award for driving to the track with a/c, ps, and leather interior? Had a good time...got there late, so didn't have much time to walk around and see everyone.

As for the red fox...that's brandons. He actually bought that car from one of clints friends. Every week when he gets his paycheck, he buys one more part or does something to make the car just alittle nicer. Its one of the cleanest foxes around...and it would kill ya to know he picked it up for less than 3k! But he has put A LOT of work into restoring it.
          The white TA looked good! What was wrong with the racecar? Converter off or something? MPH was up there for what it was running

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            And Aaron, to echo what Steve said, your Dad is a helluva guy. I came over looking for you (before you got there) and ended up talking to him for at least 30 minutes.
            Thanks man ! He's a pretty special guy ! Always likes talking to other car guys and would help damn near anyone if they needed something, complete stranger or not.

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
            You guys are quite welcome, but most of the work part of this deal fell on NSD. Larry and Nick did an awesome job running their crew and keeping things rolling in a timely manner.

Damn, I saw Aaron's dad over there, or I knew one of those guys was his dad - and came real close to going over and introducing myself, but got sidetracked.
            Brooks, you should have went over and talked to him. He would have enjoyed talking to you, especially if you mentioned anything about fabricating, or machine work ! LOL !

Good to see all of you guys again.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              That car is awesome looking IMO.

Your car looked great, was wondering why it wasnt being run.
              thanks man. still needs alittle work. i was hoping to see what the little shot of nitrous would have done to it. oh well maybe next time

Comment

What the cleanest car looked like when I got my hands on it to paint it.

Comment

and after... while brandon gave the welds some tlc...

Comment

and another...

Comment

Originally posted by noslow5_0 View Post
                      and another...

Good job, that car looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post

Yeah, I stopped and talked to him - just didn't know his name. Of course, I am partial to red hatches, and to top it off, it was a '92. The icing on the cake was the black interior. We talked for a few and he showed me the suede work he did, excellent taste. Looks great!

That T/A was slick Chris. I was going to come and talk to you about it, I kinda thought it looked like you driving, but it was hard to tell through the glass and with a helmet on. I figured it had beadlocks on for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                          Why didn't that blue car run??? I was curious to see it!
                          MSD 8 took a crap, sucks tried everything to fine one but ran out of time.
                          88 LX Coupe 444 Twin 88's
                          Finally went down track!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw88 View Post
                            MSD 8 took a crap, sucks tried everything to fine one but ran out of time.
                            Ah ha.. Now it all makes sense. I've never seen the blue car till this weekend, and just now put 2 and 2 together..

That's a sick car man, good luck with it - hope to see it out this season.

Comment

[QUOTE=turbostang;146357]Here it is folks, as seen through my eyes - The winter cruise awards ceremony.

-closest call to certain wreckage - tie between bottlefedstang spilling a lot of water and the black cobra who spun BAD in 3rd gear.

As the owner of said cobra it was just a little wheelspin from trying to power shift 3rd. there just wasnt much competition in this catagory. Had alot of fun and hope to make it out for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton351 View Post
                                Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                                Here it is folks, as seen through my eyes - The winter cruise awards ceremony.

-closest call to certain wreckage - tie between bottlefedstang spilling a lot of water and the black cobra who spun BAD in 3rd gear.

As the owner of said cobra it was just a little wheelspin from trying to power shift 3rd. there just wasnt much competition in this catagory. Had alot of fun and hope to make it out for the next one.
                                From outside the car, it looked like it was getting ready to come around on you pretty quick. Good save.

Comment

Working...
                                X