Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok car audio nuts here is another one for you..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad ass!
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Thanks man. This finally cost me something.... Well besides the subs and amp the box finally cost me something. That was $85 to have sprayed.

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Fan-friggin-tastic!

Surely, you saved that AUTOCAD file.

Comment

Of course I did. I have that emblem and the box layout that I drew up. It helps tremendously to be able to see how it was going to be laid out before the first board was cut. I was able to spot possible issues and areas where the clearance was going to be too tight and modify as needed.

Comment

Ok in order to get this thing wired correctly I need just a tad bit more help. My amp is a mono amp but it has 2 pair of wire outputs to make wiring 2 subs to it easier. The manual basically says that they are just the mono output split into 2 pairs. So what I want to do is utilize both outputs giving each sub it's own set of wires. I want the ohm load on the amp to be 4 ohm when both subs are attached. It is my understanding that each subs total ohm load will need to be 8 ohm for me to accomplish this. These subs have 2 main connections for the input wires on each sub. Just behind those are 4 flat connectors that are to be jumped to alter the ohm load for the sub. There is a + and - for each voice coil. Right out of the box I measured a 2 ohm reading for the sub taking the reading at the main input connectors. I then opened the manual for the sub and saw that this is the factory setting for the subs. It then shows one other configuration to achieve a 8 ohm reading. I looked at the diagram and then changed the jumper configuration to achieve what the manual said would be a 8 ohm reading. I then took another reading and I get 6.4 ohm on the meter. Is this ok and are there any holes in my understanding of this so far ?

Last edited by inline 6; 09-15-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Nobody?

Comment

You have it right. The DC resistance is lower than 8 ohm. 6.4, 6.9, etc is fine.
                    Diagram A on page two of the manual. It is not really good to sit the woofer on the surround like that (maybe the panel it is on has a hole in it).
                    Eric

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                      You have it right. The DC resistance is lower than 8 ohm. 6.4, 6.9, etc is fine.
                      Diagram A on page two of the manual. It is not really good to sit the woofer on the surround like that (maybe the panel it is on has a hole in it).
                      Eric
                      I didn't, Lolz it is sitting on the wood insert that comes in the box. I checked that before I turned it over. The hole in that plate allows the surround to not touch the ground.

Come on man you know me!

Comment

FINALLY got around to doing the install. Yesterday I removed the old sub and amp, remounted the new amp, ran new wires back to the subs location, and buttoned the interior back up. Today I mounted the terminals on the box, wired and installed the subs into the box, and then hooked it up in the jeep. I will say that I am glad that I bought an upgraded alternator as I can see the lights dim on the gauge cluster when it hits. For only pushing these with 750w total they get loud and the sound is CLEAN as a whistle. I am pretty happy with it so far. I am not pushing them very hard at the moment as I figure they need to be broken in a little bit. Not sure is breaking in a speaker is a myth or not. I can personally tell a difference in the sound that a speaker makes after several hours of playing has accumulated on said speaker.

Comment

We need a vibration/distorted mic video for you to prove your worth.
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                            We need a vibration/distorted mic video for you to prove your worth.
                            I never understood the YouTube videos of people doing demos of their systems. I will shoot one for you if you really want it though.

Comment

Working...
                            X