This week takes forever to get here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    Tell you what...Austin-Lake Travis has been the Texas 4A champs for 5 or 6 years in a row. They moved to 5A this year. Let's see if they win state again, then we can continue this debate.

Even if they win it that won't prove anything. You'll still say 5A talent is far superior to 4A talent. You're still going to be bias, you can't help it

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
      To be fair, coming out of highschool he had an offer from damn near every school in the country. He just didn't pan out
      Because of his daddy. PR goes a long way in high school football.

Comment

UT's game was not "bad", and I didn't mean for it to come across that way. The secondary looked out of sorts at times, and it resulted in broken coverages and some big plays.

You're spot on with Gilbert. To quote my old HS coach: "He could through a strawberry through a battleship, if he could hit the battleship".
        I wouldn't say that it was all that good either. They should have been able to run the score up at will against the likes of Wyoming. The real tests are yet to come.

Comment

OU didnt look so good

Maybe they didnt wanna take this game seriously. I'm sure Stoops is gonna fix it though.
          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
          Your opinion is what sucks.
          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Because of his daddy. PR goes a long way in high school football.

Sure thing. I guess daddy bought him the Texas High School yardage record too. And paid all those defenses to let him complete those passes. He was high school good, not college good. It happens to a lot of kids

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
              OU didnt look so good

Maybe they didnt wanna take this game seriously. I'm sure Stoops is gonna fix it though.

What was up with OU's oline? UTEP was in the backfield all night

Comment

What was up with OU's oline? UTEP was in the backfield all night
                Injuries and retirement (because of injuries). OU went from one of the most experienced O-Lines in college football to damn near the bottom in a matter of weeks. Something like 40 starts between two guys, one being the center.

The D-Line isn't much better........paper thin on both sides.........it could be a long year for the Sooners. Hopefully Walker will get over his "personal issues" and McGee will get his ass out of the doghouse or OU will give up 300 yards rushing per game.........WVU would have a field day at this point.

Comment

Sure thing. I guess daddy bought him the Texas High School yardage record too. And paid all those defenses to let him complete those passes. He was high school good, not college good. It happens to a lot of kids
                  He was at the aforementioned Lake Travis HS (4A)! State Champs. Apparently, he stinks...just like I said he did 3 years ago. ;-)

It's a big jump from 4A to college.
                  Last edited by Vertnut; 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

He was at the aforementioned Lake Travis HS (4A)! State Champs. Apparently, he stinks...just like I said he did 3 years ago. ;-)

It's a big jump from 4A to college.

You absolutely did not say he stunk before he played a down at Texas.

Oh, btw, it's a big jump from 5A too

Comment

Working...
                    X