Rangers 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    I also see that Wandy Rodriguez debuts tonight for Texas? Wow. I'm sorry.
    Wandy didn't make the cut in Atlanta and our expectations are low. The Ballpark in Arlington smells of desperation.

Comment

• He didnt last long here in Pittsburgh. He fucking blows. He was horrible in Houston too.

Comment

• Well, Freese still knows how to hit homeruns off Rangers relievers.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          That's a shitty thing to say about fans that supported his bitch ass the whole time he was there through his problems. Fuck him. Whoever is in charge over there is an idiot on this call. Are the Rangers still paying a lot on him?
          I wish I could tune into Channel 8 and hear what Dale Hansen says about it. lol
          They've been paying nothing on him, he left as a free agent, and they're getting him back for $7mm. Essentially, if he is worth 1 WAR over three seasons, it's a good deal. Anything above that would be highway robbery.

Not expecting anything more than .260/.350/.400, but that right there puts him around 1-1.5 WAR per season.

Comment

• When did WAR become a stat? I just started seeing that in the last year. Is it really that reliable?

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              When did WAR become a stat? I just started seeing that in the last year. Is it really that reliable?
              WAR has been around for a long time in the sabermetric crowd, but it's seen a lot more use within the last 5 years.

There have been a few studies done, and team winning percentages are fairly highly correlated with their aggregate WAR scores, something like a 90% R-square or so. So, statistically, it seems that there's something there.

That said, it's seen a lot of abuse since ESPN and major media outlets starting really hocking its use. But it's still a really good tool for talking about a player's total contribution on the field, especially when it comes to contract talk, which is where I think it is most valuable since it's really the only holistic stat you have to talk about.

tldr: yes, but take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

• I'm excited to see Hamilton back. He's had his shoulder repaired and is apparently healthy and ready to play. We should be getting 20-25 homeruns and 75+ rbis for well under $2.5 million a year. That's a bargain in today's game.

For comparison Jayson Werth just had the same surgery in January and has been back in the majors for 3 weeks now. He hasn't hit much yet but he's almost two years older than Hamilton and is making $21 million for the next three seasons. Going by his timetable though Hamilton should be ready to play in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                  I'm excited to see Hamilton back. He's had his shoulder repaired and is apparently healthy and ready to play. We should be getting 20-25 homeruns and 75+ rbis for well under $2.5 million a year. That's a bargain in today's game.

For comparison Jayson Werth just had the same surgery in January and has been back in the majors for 3 weeks now. He hasn't hit much yet but he's almost two years older than Hamilton and is making $21 million for the next three seasons. Going by his timetable though Hamilton should be ready to play in a couple of weeks.
                  I think 20-25 home runs is asking alot from him. He is just coming off of surgery and hasn't played in a while.

I think you are also not taking into account his body is not an average 34 year old body. Its taking injuries, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, and drug abuse....did I mention alot of drug abuse?

You can't compare his situation to anyone else, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                    lmao!
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• This team CANNOT hit. When do you fire the hitting coach? I feel like they want to play small ball but can't string enough hits together to get anything going.

Comment

• The Rangers have had the same hitting coach since..... damn for a long time. To me it's inexplicable how as recently as '11 the same players could hit, run the bases properly, but it all went out the window starting in the '13 season. In 2014 it was all bad, and it doesn't seem to be improving. I'd like to get back to the basics. Get on base, run the bases like you care, take pitchers deep into the count, make the routine play, etc.

Oh and as for Joshie, I'm sure the local strippers are happy and if he can return to his '11 or '12 form even 70% it will be a bargain for the Rangers. The Angels still owe him most of his paycheck.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          The Rangers have had the same hitting coach since..... damn for a long time. To me it's inexplicable how as recently as '11 the same players could hit, run the bases properly, but it all went out the window starting in the '13 season. In 2014 it was all bad, and it doesn't seem to be improving. I'd like to get back to the basics. Get on base, run the bases like you care, take pitchers deep into the count, make the routine play, etc.

Oh and as for Joshie, I'm sure the local strippers are happy and if he can return to his '11 or '12 form even 70% it will be a bargain for the Rangers. The Angels still owe him most of his paycheck.
                          uhhh Rudy has been gone for a couple years now. I don't even know who the hitting coach is now. 2 players are hitting about .250. Everyone but those two are hitting .230 or lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            The Rangers have had the same hitting coach since..... damn for a long time. To me it's inexplicable how as recently as '11 the same players could hit, run the bases properly, but it all went out the window starting in the '13 season.
                            2013? You mean Dave Magadan's first year?
                            Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            uhhh Rudy has been gone for a couple years now. I don't even know who the hitting coach is now. 2 players are hitting about .250. Everyone but those two are hitting .230 or lower.
                            Don't forget Fielder at .355!
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                              2013? You mean Dave Magadan's first year?Don't forget Fielder at .355!
                              I meant above .250. Its Fielder and Moreland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                                2013? You mean Dave Magadan's first year?Don't forget Fielder at .355!
                                lmao!

Comment

Working...
                                X