Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Go Darvish!
    He can still throw an 82 mph fast ball left handed.

Comment

That's better than half the Phillies' pitching staff.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Our pitching is passable? Seriously? It's not even April...... What do you think this staff will look like in August when it's 25 days of 100+ outside? Until someone builds a team that can handle that we are hosed. The pitching isn't even close to passable it's pathetic.

Gallardo has never pitched a season in TX. Holland is an unknown coming back from a year away. Colby Lewis is one pitch away from permanent retirement with every pitch. Darvish..... We don't even have a starting 3... much less starting 5. Bring in the relievers and try and make starters out of them and watch their careers die like Ogando and Feliz too.

Martinez, Cotts and Tepesh? Are they available this year. I'm pretty sure we traded them or let most of them go.

Comment

Should be a fun season. Already started with the Spring training games.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            Our pitching is passable? Seriously? It's not even April...... What do you think this staff will look like in August when it's 25 days of 100+ outside? Until someone builds a team that can handle that we are hosed. The pitching isn't even close to passable it's pathetic.
            Alright negative Nancy. Gallardo grew up in Fort Worth and pitched for Trimble Tech in high school, you know where they use a starter for one game as the closer for the next. He was worked pretty hard in the Texas heat for 2-3 years before he was drafted. I think he'll handle it better than anyone else on the team.

We have 8 day games between June and August at home and they will be tough but I doubt it'll be one of the main starters out there and if so it'd probably be for 5 innings tops. Also the dugouts are air conditioned, if they work quick it's not a huge deal. By the time regular games start it's rarely over 90 degrees and it dips down into the mid 80s a lot. Yes it's hotter than San Francisco but it's not unbearable.

Nick Martinez is the #5 starter for now, Tepesch is still trying to win a job but he'll probably be in the bullpen as a middle reliever. Either that or starting at Frisco just in case. Cotts signed with the Brewers as a free agent.

Holland made 5 starts last season and was lights out. Obviously it's a small sample but there is no reason to think he won't be very good this season. He was as good as he was before falling down the stairs.

You could do a lot worse than our rotation. I bet Holland and Gallardo do a heck of a lot better than Lee, Sabathia and Verlander and they aren't getting $25+ million. In the case of Verlander he's making $28 million for the next 4 years. At least he brings Kate Upton with him along with his 4.5 ERA last season.

Comment

And those pants!
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

My prediction for Texas is 75-87. I would put them even .500 w Darvish but thats not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post
                  My prediction for Texas is 75-87. I would put them even .500 w Darvish but thats not the case.
                  LOL that's pretty funny considering Darvish's record isn't all that hot and he misses as many starts as he makes. Darvish hasn't been a factor yet, and that's one of the problems with him. At least his salary is less than that turd Garza's was.

Holland's return more than makes up for Darvish. Holland gives you more Ws, more innings and more mental toughness. He just doesn't have amazing 5 pitch stuff.....

Comment

I am going with 80-82. This division is going to be brutal. i don't see them scoring easily and the pitching carousel will continue.

I can't wait to get the kiddos out to the park this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      Holland's return more than makes up for Darvish. Holland gives you more Ws, more innings and more mental toughness. He just doesn't have amazing 5 pitch stuff.....
                      What the fuck are you smoking? Not only is Holland mentally weak, he's never had more wins or a lower ERA than Darvish, and only in 2013 did he put in more innings - and it was by a whole 3 1/3.
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        What the fuck are you smoking? Not only is Holland mentally weak, he's never had more wins or a lower ERA than Darvish, and only in 2013 did he put in more innings - and it was by a whole 3 1/3.
                        That guy is the board's next retard. Look at his posts lately.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I have very low expectations for this season.

No big signings, no big trades this offseason, Yu going down way early.

Only getting back Prince, Choo and all the others I'm too lazy to type.

The AL west is stronger, the Rangers are not.

Its time for JD to start now to rebuilding for the future.
                          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

It's time for JD to update his resume. He built this mess all on his own after he ran everyone else off in his little power struggle. Clearly Nolan Ryan was a more important person than JD or anyone else realized.

The GM the Rangers should've hired got away to LA this past offseason, but why hire local talent with a proven record?

Comment

Play ball!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                Play ball!!!
                                Gallardo vs Gray for the opener, I predict a snoozer. Hopefully Fielder gets to tee off a couple of times against the young righty.

Comment

Working...
                                X