Cowboys 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    Remember Romo was also a Peyton/Parcels pickup. Sean Peyton can develop a QB, Wade Wilson on the other hand... (cough)Hutchinson(cough)
    You're right, but he did develop in Dallas behind Bledsoe and Carter. Most of the coaching staff has changed, but dallas does have a history of being capable under Jerry. I honestly think we can with Garrett and Romo. Interesting fact: Garrett and Romo were both NFL players at the same time.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Prescott late in the 4th isn't a terrible pick. Is he he QB of the future? Not likely. But there's a slim chance.
      Watch the tape on him and he plays a hell of a lot like Romo. If he can sit back and develop for a while, I think there is a good chance that he could be the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Watch the tape on him and he plays a hell of a lot like Romo. If he can sit back and develop for a while, I think there is a good chance that he could be the guy.
        I'm saying 5-6 games before Romo goes out with some broken bone, so he better learn quick!

Comment

Prescott late in the 4th isn't a terrible pick. Is he he QB of the future? Not likely. But there's a slim chance.
          But they had No intentions of taking a qb
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
            But they had No intentions of taking a qb
            They never had intentions of taking a QB in the early rounds, which I believe is exactly what I said previously.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

They never had intentions of taking a QB in the early rounds, which I believe is exactly what I said previously.
              Yeah and pretty sure everyone (Even me, not a cowboys fan) knew this?
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Actually, they intended to take paxton lynch in the first.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I don't know why we even bother trying to understand the strategy of this team. All common sense and know how goes out the window when you are just shooting from the hip at all times.

It all comes from the top and I imagine it drives the lower rung people in the organization nuts.

Comment

• We are building to win now, but hey, there's this guy that MIGHT be good when he comes back in two years. Yea, lets take that guy for the future.

Comment

They tried getting back in to grab lynch, and later wanted Conner Cook. I think if Prescott can learn develop for a couple years, he might turn into a poor mans Russell Wilson, an athletic game manager. Which with a great run game, is all you need!
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        We are building to win now, but hey, there's this guy that MIGHT be good when he comes back in two years. Yea, lets take that guy for the future.
                        You can do both in the same draft, Elliott will be here 5 years, if he works out right now, awesome. I know the team seems to have more pressing needs, mainly the defense. The group was serviceable in 2014, because we had a run game and were not devastated by injury. When the defense isn't on the field all day from the offense going 3 and out, and can finally play with a lead when we have an ok offense on the field, the defense will look a lot different than it did last year.
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• I think they were interested in Lynch late in the first, as they would only be trading up 4 places and giving away a 6th rounder which they had 4 of. That's just a right place, right time pickup since he was there, and they didn't expect him to be.

As for the 4th round, they were going to take Cook or Prescott there, if they fell that far, which they did. I think Cook was their choice there, and when Oakland moved up for him, they knew they had to take Prescott if they were going to get any kind of QB in the draft at all. Since they didn't have a 5th round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            Actually, they intended to take paxton lynch in the first.
                            Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                            They tried getting back in to grab lynch, and later wanted Conner Cook. I think if Prescott can learn develop for a couple years, he might turn into a poor mans Russell Wilson, an athletic game manager. Which with a great run game, is all you need!
                            As for the above two posts, it really boils down to who you listen to and/or who you believe. To hear Jerry and the National guys tell it, they tried really hard. If you listen to the local guys, including David Moore and most other Cowboys writers, they really didn't try very hard. I don't believe a word that comes out of Jerry's mouth. Do you remember when Jerry said Wade was safe, and fired him 24 hours later? Or the coach before that? And that? You don't have to look far to see him talking about both sides of his mouth. I have no doubt they inquired about trading up. I just don't believe they did it with any actual effort. I believe it is something they did to appease national writers and the fan base. They pulled a "well, we tried..."

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                            When the defense isn't on the field all day from the offense going 3 and out, and can finally play with a lead when we have an ok offense on the field, the defense will look a lot different than it did last year.
                            Of course keeping the defense off the field improves the quality of defense. I think it's a stretch to say it will look "a lot different" though.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            I think they were interested in Lynch late in the first, as they would only be trading up 4 places and giving away a 6th rounder which they had 4 of. That's just a right place, right time pickup since he was there, and they didn't expect him to be.
                            Teams wanted a 3rd rounder, not a 6th.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            As for the 4th round, they were going to take Cook or Prescott there, if they fell that far, which they did. I think Cook was their choice there, and when Oakland moved up for him, they knew they had to take Prescott if they were going to get any kind of QB in the draft at all. Since they didn't have a 5th round pick.
                            According to reports they soured on Cook a while back. But when Oakland took him, it forced their hand on Prescott.

Comment

• I think they were planning on a qb at 4, that's why they signed Morris. Then the beagles moved up and they had to pivot their strategy and shifted their attention to Elliot.

The fact that they tried to get back into the first round for lynch really shows how badly they wanted a qb early on.
                              1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                                I think they were planning on a qb at 4, that's why they signed Morris. Then the beagles moved up and they had to pivot their strategy and shifted their attention to Elliot.

The fact that they tried to get back into the first round for lynch really shows how badly they wanted a qb early on.
                                If they wanted Lynch that badly, they would have taken him at 4. As Silverback said, it was more of a right place right time, because they didn't expect him to fall that far. Most agreed that Cincy and Cleveland would both pursue Lynch, and they didn't. But everyone knew that Lynch, if still available, wouldn't make it past Denver.

Furthermore, at least 2 teams (Miami and Baltimore) tried to trade up to #4 and Dallas declined. They could have moved back and taken Lynch if they wanted him that badly. Actions indicate intent more than words do. Especially when you're dealing with Jerry Jones.
                                Last edited by bcoop; 05-02-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X