Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Teams wanted a 3rd rounder, not a 6th.
    which is another reason the Cowboys weren't going to "make too much of an effort" for the trade. I think Denver was willing to give up more there, and from what I heard Seattle wanted Ifedi, and they were afraid if they traded with anyone else (Cowboys), Denver would take Ifedi.

Comment

• And yet again, when Romo goes down this season "unexpectedly" or due to "bad luck," I can't wait to hear all the excuses. The 'boys office wasn't even smart enough to go after a Hoyer or the likes as an insurance policy.

It's going to be awesome seeing if Jerry can get Kitna out of retirement again.....

Prediction 6-10 at best. The defense is all suspended, they don't have a RB that is going to be able to keep the blitz off of Romo's collar bone and spine, and Dez will destroy the team morale when he doesn't get the ball enough. Witten is aging out and is probably too old to play savior for a dysfunctional O.

If Garrett had half a brain, he'd learn to run the ball most of the time with that O line and with all the RBs on the roster that can't block anyway.

Comment

If they wanted Lynch that badly, they would have taken him at 4. As Silverback said, it was more of a right place right time, because they didn't expect him to fall that far. Most agreed that Cincy and Cleveland would both pursue Lynch, and they didn't. But everyone knew that Lynch, if still available, wouldn't make it past Denver.

Furthermore, at least 2 teams (Miami and Baltimore) tried to trade up to #4 and Dallas declined. They could have moved back and taken Lynch if they wanted him that badly. Actions indicate intent more than words do. Especially when you're dealing with Jerry Jones.
        They didn't want Lynch that badly, but they wanted a QB. They didn't value lynch that highly to take him at 4 and they wiffed on the trade down in typical cowboys fashion.

If actions dictate their plan, then signing Morris before the eagle trade up tells you everything. They liked Wentz or Goff a lot and were going to take one of them at 4 so they needed a RB. After the eagle trade up they realised they couldn't get the QB they wanted and resigned to getting Elliot.
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
          They didn't want Lynch that badly, but they wanted a QB. They didn't value lynch that highly to take him at 4 and they wiffed on the trade down in typical cowboys fashion.

If actions dictate their plan, then signing Morris before the eagle trade up tells you everything. They liked Wentz or Goff a lot and were going to take one of them at 4 so they needed a RB. After the eagle trade up they realised they couldn't get the QB they wanted and resigned to getting Elliot.
          They signed Morris because they wanted a short yardage back, something they didn't have last year.

I'm not sure what you mean by whiffing on the trade down. Two teams wanted our spot and they declined both offers. They declined, because Elliott was their guy. You can scroll back and see where I posted that Elliot had shot up their board before the first round started.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Now if they could just sell the team.

It has long been known that when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys, the buck starts and stops with Owner/GM Jerry Jones. For better or for worse, his decisions have been the end-all-be-all at Valley Ranch. It’s not until recently that evidence is beginning to show he’s now relenting and delegating many of his duties to his trusted brainchild of executives Stephen Jones and Will McClay, and coach Jason Garrett.

It turns out this is truer than many could have imagined as in the NFL draft this past weekend, Stephen Jones actually vetoed the omnipotent Jerry Jones.

“No way with Seattle,” Stephen told Jerry, via Peter King of TheMMQB.com. “Too much. They want our two and three.”

And with that very decisive statement, the deal with Seattle was off of the table. The initial proposal was to deal the Seahawks the Cowboys’ second and (non-compensatory) fourth round pick, but Carroll and crew wanted a second and third rounder.
            That was fine with Jerry but too rich for Stephen’s blood. So in a plot twist that destroys every current narrative regarding Jerry ruling with an iron fist, Stephen was the one who nixed the trade up.

SAY WHA-?!

It’s actually not the first time this has occurred. The same happened in the 2014 NFL draft when Jerry wanted to snatch up now unemployed quarterback Johnny Manziel; yet was halted by Stephen as the pick then became now All-Pro offensive lineman Zack Martin. With this latest gavel pound, it looks like the tides have clearly shifted in Valley Ranch.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Now if they could just sell the team.
              I saw that a few minutes ago. Lol.

Comment

They signed Morris because they wanted a short yardage back, something they didn't have last year.

I'm not sure what you mean by whiffing on the trade down. Two teams wanted our spot and they declined both offers. They declined, because Elliott was their guy. You can scroll back and see where I posted that Elliot had shot up their board before the first round started.
                Yes, but this was before they lost out on Goff or Wentz. So they moved to Elliot. He's a three down back much like Murray and they wouldn't have signed Morris if they knew they were gonna pick a RB.

They liked him at 4 after losing their top QB pick and if they declined a trade down that doesn't disprove what they really wanted.

If you think they would have passed on Wentz if he was there at 4 you're really mistaken.
                1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Goff and Wentz was never an option for the boys. I think the boys really wanted Bosa but the bolts beat them to him. I'm okay with passing on the Lynch trade since he should ride the pine for the next two years. The Jaylon pick now was a complete fubar. We didn't need that big of a risk with an early 2nd round pick. Looking forward, I hope the boys bring in some undrafted rookies. We can still use the depth for our defense.

Comment

• Time for that cheap Shawn Oakman deal!

Comment

• Looking forward to another Cowgirls mediocre season! Atleast the cheerleaders are fun to watch!

Comment

• They signed Elliot to a 4 year $24.9 million deal. All guaranteed.

That's no chump change.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          They signed Elliot to a 4 year $24.9 million deal. All guaranteed.

That's no chump change.
                          That is huge money.

Comment

That is huge money.
                            Guaranfuckingteed!

Comment

• You missed the $16 million sign up bonus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                                You missed the $16 million sign up bonus.
                                Signing bonus is part of the 24 mill

Comment

Working...
                                X