Rangers 2011 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but when you're in the majors you're no longer a part of the farm system.

yes and no. Because you can still get sent back down to the minors, right? Wouldn't that make you part of the farm system again?

Comment

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but when you're in the majors you're no longer a part of the farm system.
      You're a product of the farm system that everyone has been touting for the past 4-5 years.

Comment

• It's funny that I'm usually the negative one here, but they are 9-3. With this line-up, you should be winning games when the staff gives up 3 runs. How many games did the Rangers win last year when they scored 2 runs? Not very many. This Detroit series just wasn't very pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERT View Post
          yes and no. Because you can still get sent back down to the minors, right? Wouldn't that make you part of the farm system again?
          Ok... Then, who is in the farm system since those mentioned are all in the majors?
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            It's funny that I'm usually the negative one here, but they are 9-3. With this line-up, you should be winning games when the staff gives up 3 runs. How many games did the Rangers win last year when they scored 2 runs? Not very many. This Detroit series just wasn't very pretty.
            You're dead on about that. Detroit is definitely a pitcher's park, but the bats kind of went dead in this series. That said, with the production they put up in the first two series we were bound to see the production come down at some point. I'm not entirely surprised that the offense dipped below par, they just need to make sure to make use of this off day and get their heads right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              You're a product of the farm system that everyone has been touting for the past 4-5 years.
              Am I just doing the world's worst job explaining what I mean or what? Everyone is STILL touting the farm system. CJ has been up for the last 3 years, correct? I don't even know how long on the rest. Lewis came from Japan. So, are you all saying the farm system is bankrupt now?

As far as I'm concerned, yes, they are a product of it. That doesn't make them part of the current farm system.

Comment

Ok... Then, who is in the farm system since those mentioned are all in the majors?
                BP already mentioned Sheppers, Perez, Erlin. Kirkman could be good if he could find some consistency, Robbie Ross is a lefty that's supposed to have some good shit. Just because the Ticket isn't talking about it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Comment

Am I just doing the world's worst job explaining what I mean or what? Everyone is STILL touting the farm system. CJ has been up for the last 3 years, correct? I don't even know how long on the rest. Lewis came from Japan. So, are you all saying the farm system is bankrupt now?

As far as I'm concerned, yes, they are a product of it. That doesn't make them part of the current farm system.
                  All of those guys have all literally come up in the last 3 years, with the exception of Wilson who has been up since '06 or so. See below for more solid arms coming from our farm system that are still in the system.

Comment

BP already mentioned Sheppers, Perez, Erlin. Kirkman could be good if he could find some consistency, Robbie Ross is a lefty that's supposed to have some good shit. Just because the Ticket isn't talking about it doesn't mean they don't exist.
                    They talk about it a lot, but I always seem to miss it due to having to get out of the car, or phone calls. What does that have to do with anything? Chip on your shoulder?

Comment

They talk about it a lot, but I always seem to miss it due to having to get out of the car, or phone calls. What does that have to do with anything? Chip on your shoulder?
                      No, just a reference to the fact that Rangers fans were doing some serious work on the shaft of the farm system for a long time and now that the fruits of that labor have been picked, the discussion about the system now seems to have plummeted.

Our major league staff is not as good as it needs to be. Our farm system is not as strong as it perhaps was before the Rangers gobbled up the worthy talent these past few years. Those are things I'm willing to concede. But the farm system still has arms, but it takes time. And lots of it. And a lot of that time is going to be wasted on arms that don't work out. It's just how baseball go.

The reality of the whole situation, though, is that everyone has to rely on second-hand information to gauge the farm system. Most of my information on our farm clubs comes from a rabid Pirates fan who occasionally lets me use his Baseball America subscription to check up on Rangers prospects. But there are arms in the farm system, I can assure you of that.

Comment

• Perez and Sheppers are the only two top 50 ranked players they have right now.

Chris Hanna (11th round pick out of high school last year) murdered A ball hitters last year, pretty impressive for a 19 year old. He was in spring training and has enough talent to play AAA ball this year.

Kasey Kiker is still in the organization as well, he's still a decent prospect.

They have more than pitching though. Chad Tracy, Engel Beltre and Craig Gentry will probably all be in the majors this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                          Perez and Sheppers are the only two top 50 ranked players they have right now.

Chris Hanna (11th round pick out of high school last year) murdered A ball hitters last year, pretty impressive for a 19 year old. He was in spring training and has enough talent to play AAA ball this year.

Kasey Kiker is still in the organization as well, he's still a decent prospect.

They have more than pitching though. Chad Tracy, Engel Beltre and Craig Gentry will probably all be in the majors this season.
                          I've heard a LOT of good things about Beltre.

Comment

I've heard a LOT of good things about Beltre.
                            We need 3 Beltres on the team at once, just to confuse John Rhadigan. Adrian, Omar and Engel!

Comment

Spot start. That was their 6th game in 6 days and I don't think Wash wanted to burn a starter before the NY series. It also gave him a chance to look at some younger pitching; Bush actually didn't do a bad job.
                              Yes and no on the spot start. Yes, it was a spot start, but not for your reasons. Colby Lewis was supposed to pitch today, but he was out of town with his wife who just gave birth to their 2nd child.
                              Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Lewis came from Japan.
                                And FWIW, Lewis came up with Texas, didn't do too swell, went to Detroit, Oakland, and Japan, and came back to Texas.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X