No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK thanks everybody for the info. I checked again last night and several websites were talking about smoking till a temp of 180° so that's what I've been doing. So smoke till an internal temp of 190-200° and pull it out and wrap and rest. And don't let it rest for more than a couple of hours. Damn this pisses me off but live and learn. I hadn't done a brisket in a while and this was my first on my Kamado grill.

I should add, I've been smoking on a propane grill for a few years now with bowl of wood chips. I used to have a lot of trouble smoking with charcoal and wood but this was by far the easiest experience I've had smoking a brisket. It took about an 45 minutes or so to get the temp dialed in but once I did it stayed rock steady.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
      Everyone i'm seeing is $6-7 /lb right now.

Trying to find one to smoke on Wednesday.
      I picked one up at Kroger's last Friday and unfortunately it was the last one. I paid about $47 for it and wanna say it was about 10 lbs.

Comment

• I ended up getting the nicest cut they had in stock at Kroger, 57$ This fucker better turn out good.
        WRX

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
          I ended up getting the nicest cut they had in stock at Kroger, 57$ This fucker better turn out good.
          Well, even bad brisket is better than no brisket.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            I've ate some dry brisket that I wish I hadn't ate before LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
              Yeah, I've had some pretty bad brisket. I've had brisket so bad that if I didn't know better, I'd have never tried it again.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Yeah, I've had some pretty bad brisket. I've had brisket so bad that if I didn't know better, I'd have never tried it again.
                I had some at lunch today.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I'll also add that I've smoked some bad brisket myself before. My friends and family said it was good (and I don't think they were being kind either) but I've ate great brisket and knew mine was subpar. I think I've only smoked one brisket before that I could have bragged about but the rest IMO were mediocre.

I'm still working on getting mine half way good in my mind. I know the "cook" is always going to be more critical on his own product but damn it can get expensive learning to perfect it. Ribs I've got down pretty good but brisket not so much. I'll try again in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• I've had crap brisket too, but I'd rather have that than a lot of other foods out there. Sort of like bad steak is better than no steak too.

At worst...dip it in some bbq sauce or something.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      I would rather have a bad hamburger than bad brisket. I can't even stand brisket at most BBQ joints, but you get a good one and it is heaven.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                        I would rather have a bad hamburger than bad brisket. I can't even stand brisket at most BBQ joints, but you get a good one and it is heaven.
                        THIS! I can't think of a lot of "bad" food that I would rather have than bad brisket.

Comment

• Made this one a few weeks ago. My first time smoking anything. Came out pretty good. I still wanna play with seasonings but everyone ate the brisket and got the ribs to myself lol

07 f250-family truckster
                          08 Denali -baby hauler
                          52 f1-rust bucket
                          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• Please tell me you didn't "smoke" it in the oven...

Comment

Please tell me you didn't "smoke" it in the oven...
                              No it was put there since the counters were full when it came out of the offset
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Please tell me you didn't "smoke" it in the oven...
                                Liquid Smoke FTW!!!1

Comment

Working...
                                X