Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    mmmmm, the smokier the better.... my stomach pays me back for eating brisket with a heavy smoke but damn that mesquite smoke tastes good.
    So I am not the only one that has issues with smoked meat.

I love the flavor but my stomach hates me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      So I am not the only one that has issues with smoked meat.

I love the flavor but my stomach hates me.
      Fortunately, most chains and BBQ joints don't have that affect on me...there's just not enough smoke flavor. It's not until a buddy of mine decides to smoke a brisket, that's when I pay for it.

Comment

• For the Ellis county folks. Place in waxahachie called Harris bbq. Brisket was pretty legit

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          For the Ellis county folks. Place in waxahachie called Harris bbq. Brisket was pretty legit
          That smoke ring is perfect.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I was actually quite surprised. It's proven difficult to find decent Q within a 10-15 mile radius of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              That smoke ring is perfect.
              Yup, that place knows how to smoke a brisket fo show!
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                For the Ellis county folks. Place in waxahachie called Harris bbq. Brisket was pretty legit

dammit every time I see a brisket like that, I'm saddened that my Masterbuilt propane smoker cant do that.

Comment

• Franklins new show on PBS, well worth watching. I follow his technique to a tee and have had excellent results.

Learn what makes brisket the centerpiece of the Central Texas BBQ plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasPyro View Post
                    Franklins new show on PBS, well worth watching. I follow his technique to a tee and have had excellent results.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365494916/
                    Man, I watched that this morning and by the end was STARVING and wanted brisket... so I finally tried Hutchins in Frisco. I got there at a few minutes after 11am (opening time) and I got 1/2 lb. of ribs and a 1/2 lb. of brisket. The ribs were great but not very smoky, perfect tenderness and juiciness. I got the sauce from the line to try with the ribs and I don't care for it, too sweet. The brisket is awesome, perfectly cooked and lots of salt/pepper on the bark with a good smoke ring. They even trimmed the deckle fat out of the slice before they weighed it which was nice.

Overall, I give it an A, Wood dew again.

Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• I go to Hutchins at least once a week because their BBQ is great! The brisket is unmatched in this area, the smoked chicken and turkey is amazing. The sausage jap/cheddar sausage is spot on. One weekends they make stuffed jap peppers with cream cheese and brisket, I can't say enough about their sides either.

I have not been to Pecan Lodge in Dallas but this place keeps me from making the trip and line wait, not to mention I hear its expensive...
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                        Man, I watched that this morning and by the end was STARVING and wanted brisket... so I finally tried Hutchins in Frisco. I got there at a few minutes after 11am (opening time) and I got 1/2 lb. of ribs and a 1/2 lb. of brisket. The ribs were great but not very smoky, perfect tenderness and juiciness. I got the sauce from the line to try with the ribs and I don't care for it, too sweet. The brisket is awesome, perfectly cooked and lots of salt/pepper on the bark with a good smoke ring. They even trimmed the deckle fat out of the slice before they weighed it which was nice.

Overall, I give it an A, Wood dew again.

We just ate at their McKinney location yesterday and they weighed it with the fat... I may have to ask them to take it out next time. Their brisket is good though but I agree, it wasn't smoky at all... their sides are not all that great.

Comment

their sides are not all that great.
                          Not sure what you were expecting from their sides, like a blowjob?

I don't go to any BBQ place for their sides, but Hutchins sides are better than most upscale restaurants. Their mac & cheese, brisket beans are pretty damned tasty. The cornbread is like a dessert. When I order my brisket I ask for bark and trim the fat from the moist brisket. This place is far better than Rudy's and Lockharts in Plano. Slow bone is great but too far to drive as is Pecan Lodge which I have not been too, but again other than driving to Austin area for the best BBQ in Texas, Hutchins rocks...

Comment

• the only side I think should be good at a BBQ joint are baked beans.

Comment

We just ate at their McKinney location yesterday and they weighed it with the fat... I may have to ask them to take it out next time. Their brisket is good though but I agree, it wasn't smoky at all... their sides are not all that great.

The ribs weren't that smoky, the brisket was perfectly smoked with just enough smoke on it but not so much that I got indigestion.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Not sure what you were expecting from their sides, like a blowjob?

I don't go to any BBQ place for their sides, but Hutchins sides are better than most upscale restaurants. Their mac & cheese, brisket beans are pretty damned tasty. The cornbread is like a dessert. When I order my brisket I ask for bark and trim the fat from the moist brisket. This place is far better than Rudy's and Lockharts in Plano. Slow bone is great but too far to drive as is Pecan Lodge which I have not been too, but again other than driving to Austin area for the best BBQ in Texas, Hutchins rocks...
                              I only had the beans as a side and they are great, but I also did get some of the banana pudding that's on the desert counter and it's effing awesome!
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                                The ribs weren't that smoky, the brisket was perfectly smoked with just enough smoke on it but not so much that I got indigestion.

I only had the beans as a side and they are great, but I also did get some of the banana pudding that's on the desert counter and it's effing awesome!
                                I agree on the ribs, they are OK, but not smokey enough and little too sweet for my liking. They have enough other meats for me not to worry about their ribs. Also like you mentioned the desserts are great too, peach cobbler and banana pudding are awesome. They have two types of beans, jap beens and brisket beans, I prefer the brisket beans but I usually mix them.

Comment

Working...
                                X