No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you guys are going to these places, what are the prices like?

I just left 4t's in Forney and it was $12 for a HALF rack of baby back Ribs, and $8 for half a pound of brisket.

Is that in line with what you guys spend?

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      When you guys are going to these places, what are the prices like?

I just left 4t's in Forney and it was $12 for a HALF rack of baby back Ribs, and $8 for half a pound of brisket.

I don't know for sure, but I want to say Rudy's is around $7.5-$8/half pound...
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• At Rudy's I paid $15.98 @ lb for moist (lean is more) and $13.98 for smoked turkey and $13.48 for smoked ham last night. I don't like their ribs or sausage, so I usually only get those, maybe beans, smoked taters and sometimes CoC.

Hutchins is closer to $20.xx @ lbfor theirbriaet but well worth it, it could be $30 @ lb and I would still pay.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Sounds about right.

If I go to Franklin's its like 20/lb of brisket I believe. Salt lick is a tad more for brisket but their ribs are cheaper. Rudy's is provably right on par with your prices.

Comment

Maybe a little high, but not far off. There's a lot of effort and waste in bbq.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              Yup - I had their stuff at TMBBQ, it was really good.
              If you're ever in Pearland, and they have them... Get the Akaushi burnt ends. The first time I went I had a combo plate (brisket, ribs, sausage), and took a lb of the Akaushi burnt ends to go. Fucking delicious. Probably the best creamed corn I've ever had, too. The guy said it takes 3.5 hours to cook.

Killen's is excellent at everything except for their ribs. They do have a 1lb beef rib that I've heard is excellent, but the pork ribs leave a lot to be desired.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I had some burnt ends at Saltlick, they were tasty.
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• We need to get a central Texas BBQ meet up going on. Then I might actually tolerate you f**** in person.

Comment

• I love bbq and yes meat is expensive but I think it is over priced most the time.
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                      I love bbq and yes meat is expensive but I think it is over priced most the time.
                      I guess knowing how much money and effort it takes for me to cook up a great brisket, I feel like 20 a pound is still fair for the cream of the crop places. Meat is already pricey...then you factor in seasoning and smoking for several hours.

Comment

• Angus choice brisket is $3.20-$3.50 a lb. Steaks are $14 lb for choice.
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Truth, I've made some tasty brisket but I was brisket sitting for almost 7 hours. I'll drive to Hutchins and pay!

Comment

• my parents dont have a smoker, and they wont grill or bake a brisket (obv) so theyll buy one once in a while and cook it in a crock pot all day. comes out damn tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Truth, I've made some tasty brisket but I was brisket sitting for almost 7 hours. I'll drive to Hutchins and pay!
                              Exactly...the 7-14 hours I will spend tending to a good brisket that will never top some of the best is a good incentive to just pay a little more. Also...it's usually just my wife and I, so even at $3 a lb...I will still have to buy a big chunk of meat that'll take a long time to consume.

Plus Hutchins has that damn good broccoli salad.

I've gotta be in the mood to do it myself.

And for the better steaks... $14 ain't cutting it where I shop. If I need to change that let me know. Or maybe it's just the cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                                my parents dont have a smoker, and they wont grill or bake a brisket (obv) so theyll buy one once in a while and cook it in a crock pot all day. comes out damn tasty.
                                I love a pot roast too... But it ain't a smoked brisket.

Comment

Working...
                                X