No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to Bartley's on Thursday, typical hole in the wall BBQ joint. Sides were average, I had the macaroni and fried okra and it was nothing to write home about. For the protein, I selected the jalapeno sausage and moist cut (he called it a marbel cut) of brisket. The sausage had a nice bite to it but again I thought it was just average. The brisket though was moist as advertised and I could taste a little of the smoke and the rub, more of both would have pushed it up a notch higher in my personal ranking. As it stands now, I'd rank it above any of the chain 'Que restaurants like Dickey's (not that hard) and Hard 8 but a quite a few steps below Lockhart and Pecan Lodge.

We drove by Meat U Anywhere and it looks like a high end place. Valet parking at a BBQ joint? I still want to check it out but I might have to give Bartely's another try before doing so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
      I went to Bartley's on Thursday, typical hole in the wall BBQ joint. Sides were average, I had the macaroni and fried okra and it was nothing to write home about. For the protein, I selected the jalapeno sausage and moist cut (he called it a marbel cut) of brisket. The sausage had a nice bite to it but again I thought it was just average. The brisket though was moist as advertised and I could taste a little of the smoke and the rub, more of both would have pushed it up a notch higher in my personal ranking. As it stands now, I'd rank it above any of the chain 'Que restaurants like Dickey's (not that hard) and Hard 8 but a quite a few steps below Lockhart and Pecan Lodge.

We drove by Meat U Anywhere and it looks like a high end place. Valet parking at a BBQ joint? I still want to check it out but I might have to give Bartely's another try before doing so.
      I've never been to Bartley's, but my co-works rave about how good it is. They also think Hard 8 is the best bbq ever, so I probably wont go to Bartley's.

Comment

Anybody been to Bartley's BBQ in Grapevine? My boss is coming in from North Carolina on Thursday and thinking about taking him there for lunch.
        Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        Been a few times, it's decent but not much better then a chain.
        Originally posted by Jose View Post
        I went to Bartley's on Thursday, typical hole in the wall BBQ joint. Sides were average, I had the macaroni and fried okra and it was nothing to write home about. For the protein, I selected the jalapeno sausage and moist cut (he called it a marbel cut) of brisket. The sausage had a nice bite to it but again I thought it was just average. The brisket though was moist as advertised and I could taste a little of the smoke and the rub, more of both would have pushed it up a notch higher in my personal ranking. As it stands now, I'd rank it above any of the chain 'Que restaurants like Dickey's (not that hard) and Hard 8 but a quite a few steps below Lockhart and Pecan Lodge.

Well, I feel validated!!

Comment

It's only Valet because they have a serve lack of parking. It's actually no more expensive than Bartleys and it's much better IMO and I'm a Bartley's fan to the core.
          sigpic

Comment

• Tom Thumb has brisket for $1.99/lb, limit 1 with $20 purchase for all you DIY'ers
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Tom Thumb has brisket for $1.99/lb, limit 1 with $20 purchase for all you DIY'ers
              I picked up one of those yesterday, was like buying a cow.

Comment

• Picked one up this afternoon and might pick up another tomorrow. So is it OK to freeze these to be smoked later?? How about defrosting it? It's vacuum sealed so nothing else really needs to be done right?

Comment

Picked one up this afternoon and might pick up another tomorrow. So is it OK to freeze these to be smoked later?? How about defrosting it? It's vacuum sealed so nothing else really needs to be done right?
                  Yes, ok to freeze. No extra steps necessary.

Comment

Yes, ok to freeze. No extra steps necessary.
                    Cool! Thanks!

Comment

• Finally tried kerlin bbq and it was very good. Good bark and a pretty nice smoke ring on the brisket and the ribs were solid too. Its similar to franklins style, wthout the wait. I would still put franklins above it overall...but this is a new #2 and i will probably go here more often. The sausage wasnt anything special, just good.

My wife had the kolaches and loved them. It was also good to see a place that cared about the sides...though i rarely get them. The dill jalapeno potato salad was excellent as were the homemade pickles and pickled jalapenos. I wish i could have tried the blue cheese cole slaw.

The barbecue sauce was way too vinegary, but again...i dont really go for sauce much.

Comment

• Ruffdaddy, have you tried county line on 2222? I was always curious but never went.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Same price at walmart right now too.
                          WRX

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                            Same price at walmart right now too.
                            It's stupid low. I saw 73% lean ground beef for TEN FUCKING DOLLARS A POUND on Friday.

Comment

• Yes these were some decent cuts too.

WRX

Comment

It's stupid low. I saw 73% lean ground beef for TEN FUCKING DOLLARS A POUND on Friday.
                                Dang. I've been at $2.50 for 81/19 forever
                                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                                X