Mi Dia From Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    Pinche gringos, I don't need no stinkin gun guey!
    haha, I was just fucking with Rafa, but the two guys that work the cash register are both off duty cops in the evening shifts. One is under cover, my friend Mike and the other is in full uniform, I think hes actually a DCS Deputy. There are always DPD cops eating there and Mikes buddies are in and out constantly. They have Mariachis on Wed. and on the weekends that play for free.
    Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I think I ate at that place once, and I think it made me sick. is it right off east grand and next to an empty parking lot?
    There are a few places within walking distance, but this is in the middle of a small shopping strip, there are two parking lots on both ends. Maybe you went to Alcolpenas Mariscos (sp?) and theres another that used to be Brownies back in the day that is a mexican food place. I've never gotten sick or know anyone who has, they have been in business for a very long time.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Alcolpenis Mariscos
      im 100% positive thats the one he went to!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        im 100% positive thats the one he went to!
        You would think he would be used semen by now, lmao!
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• nope, it was El Taquito. had to google it. It may not have been that place that got me sick, but I was sick as a dog that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            nope, it was El Taquito. had to google it. It may not have been that place that got me sick, but I was sick as a dog that day.
            Their salsa is off the hook, I don't know where they get their peppers, but they are fucking hot. I have always wondered why they give you a small ass cup with maybe a few ounces, but after a few dips with chips you know why and you don't need much.

Comment

Hmm, not to bad for mexican food, I guess if its cusine. We went to my favorite place in Dallas, seven of us and it was under $100.00 with tip and my mom loved it. My mom had pollo en mole.
              What if it wasn't cuisine?

Comment

Their salsa is off the hook, I don't know where they get their peppers, but they are fucking hot. I have always wondered why they give you a small ass cup with maybe a few ounces, but after a few dips with chips you know why and you don't need much.
                I remember it being really hot. My cousin loved that place and thought it was crazy hot too and he loved hot stuff. I only ate breakfast though. He ate the menudo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  What if it wasn't cuisine?
                  Than not worth the high price, to me at least. I have a hard time paying big money for mexican food when (as Brent will agree) the ingriedents are cheap, therefore making the food itself affordable. Beans, rice, tortillas, ground beef, chicken, etc. very inexpensive.
                  You should be able to go a mexican (tex-mex) and get served a big plate of food for under $10.00 a plate in my opinion.
                  I believe Mi Dia is just taking advantage of their clientele and the area of Grapevine, everyone over there is making Choo-Choo $$$.

A few places left here, but in San Antonio and Corpus, you eat great food for well under $10.00 and come out stuffed.

Comment

Than not worth the high price, to me at least. I have a hard time paying big money for mexican food when (as Brent will agree) the ingriedents are cheap, therefore making the food itself affordable. Beans, rice, tortillas, ground beef, chicken, etc. very inexpensive.
                    You should be able to go a mexican (tex-mex) and get served a big plate of food for under $10.00 a plate in my opinion.
                    I believe Mi Dia is just taking advantage of their clientele and the area of Grapevine, everyone over there is making Choo-Choo $$$.

A few places left here, but in San Antonio and Corpus, you eat great food for well under $10.00 and come out stuffed.
                    Would you call getting less than a full plate for $10 a lean cuisine?

Comment

• What if they sold textiles?

Comment

I think the point he was making refers to :

cuiĀ·sine/kwɪˈzin/ Show Spelled [kwi-zeen]
                        noun
                        1. a style or quality of cooking; cookery: Italian cuisine; This restaurant has an excellent cuisine.
                        2. Archaic. the kitchen or culinary department of a house, hotel, etc.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

everyone over there is making Choo-Choo $$$.
                          not everyone, homey

Comment

Then don't fucking go! You are constantly ragging on a place that you've never even stepped foot in, regardless of the great reviews given by every food critic in Dallas, much less all the people that have tried it on my recommendation, and loved it.

You obviously don't understand the idea of concepts, target markets, price points, or cuisine. Nor do you understand what a Chef is for, what the benefits are, and why people would rather eat there, than eating lengua tacos made by Raul Pablo Juan Jose that's making $4/hr under the table. Don't get me wrong, each one has it's place. I enjoy dirty fucking street tacos just as much as the next guy. But El Jalisco Taquito Ranchero Poblano isn't even in the same league as a restaurant like MDFS.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Then don't fucking go! You are constantly ragging on a place that you've never even stepped foot in, regardless of the great reviews given by every food critic in Dallas, much less all the people that have tried it on my recommendation, and loved it.

You obviously don't understand the idea of concepts, target markets, price points, or cuisine. Nor do you understand what a Chef is for, what the benefits are, and why people would rather eat there, than eating lengua tacos made by Raul Pablo Juan Jose that's making $4/hr under the table. Don't get me wrong, each one has it's place. I enjoy dirty fucking street tacos just as much as the next guy. But El Jalisco Taquito Ranchero Poblano isn't even in the same league as a restaurant like MDFS.
                              hey man, you got a problem with my cousin Raul?

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                hey man, you got a problem with my cousin Raul?
                                Yes. He smells and his mother dresses him funny.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X