Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
    I thought everyone at every bank was a VP? Seems that way.
    I wish, I'd say the majority of us are throw away peons, regardless of skill.
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
      we are all peons unless are last name is Moynihan. Everyone is expendable.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Wal Mart and Sam's do not have the same meat distributor.
        Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        There is a HUGE different between the two though.
        BTW: Sams does carry PRIME cuts

Both are poor quality in comparison to what Costco carries. When it comes to beef anyways. I've never bought prime at Sam's, but I stopped buying from Sam's because the beef is tough and lack flavor (poor marbling)
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
          The few I know are peons, but have VP in their title. I don't think it stands for what VP stands for outside of banking.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

it's just like everyone at a dealership being a "manager"

Comment

I have 2 nice black angus steers close to butcher weight if anyone wants to buy them. All grass and grain fed. No hormones.I can finish them out on a corn feed and deliver to butcher of your choice... They are about 750# right now..900 is a good finish weight. $1500 delivered within reasonable distance.

Comment

$1500 for both?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                  $1500 for both?
                  UH, no. and $1500 is a great deal. Check the auction prices. They're running over 2 a lb for the good stuff. I will probably haul these guys late next week to Gainesville. I need some cash for a project I want to finish. Just thought I'd offer some of the ballers here some decent bovine

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                    UH, no. and $1500 is a great deal. Check the auction prices. They're running over 2 a lb for the good stuff. I will probably haul these guys late next week to Gainesville. I need some cash for a project I want to finish. Just thought I'd offer some of the ballers here some decent bovine

That's what I figured, but wanted to make sure. Sent you a pm earlier as well.

Comment

What's processing run these days for a run of typical cuts?
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        What's processing run these days for a run of typical cuts?
                        Not sure. I haven't paid for one in years. We usually split one with the neighbor, I supply the bovine and he pays the processing.
                        There is still a place in Trenton (Used to be JACKS), or I use the place over in Muenster (Fischers)
                        Here's Fischers pricing:
                        Last edited by dcs13; 02-08-2014, 07:31 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Until you have REAL Wagyu you can not judge anything. Not to brag ( But I am gonna fuckin brag ) My sisters fiance is an executive chef for Nick and Sams....He has brought me a few choice cuts of Kobe and Ome....45-65 dollars and ounce. He cooked 700 dollars of meat one day on my 200 dollar grill! Best steak I have ever had and nothing compares.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                            Not sure. I haven't paid for one in years. We usually split one with the neighbor, I supply the bovine and he pays the processing.
                            There is still a place in Trenton (Used to be JACKS), or I use the place over in Muenster (Fischers)
                            Here's Fischers pricing:
                            http://fischersmeatmarket.com/meatprocessing.html
                            Bluebonnet Meat Company

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
                              Until you have REAL Wagyu you can not judge anything. Not to brag ( But I am gonna fuckin brag ) My sisters fiance is an executive chef for Nick and Sams....He has brought me a few choice cuts of Kobe and Ome....45-65 dollars and ounce. He cooked 700 dollars of meat one day on my 200 dollar grill! Best steak I have ever had and nothing compares.
                              I find this very hard to believe. Wagyu, sure. Kobe wasn't available in the US until March of last year. Even then, it's hard to get, and you won't get it at that price no matter who you are. Beyond that, I don't believe ANY steakhouse in TX has the clout to get in ahead of the NY and LA eateries that are sucking up all that is available.

Fun fact - Only 3900 cows/year meet Kobe standards. Only 10% of that is exported.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It’s been almost two years since I wrote “Food’s Biggest Scam: The Great Kobe Beef Lie,” here at Forbes.com. That story became one of the most read food stories of the year, with well over a million views. But the playing field has changed significantly, so I am revisiting the topic with the new truth about the world’s most famous and coveted beef.

Comment

Working...
                                X