DFW BBQ Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I might have to keep that in mind next time I'm in Dallas...
    You fucks don't forget me this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
      Holler at your boy
      You know I will!

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      You fucks don't forget me this time.
      I got ya.

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Anyone planning on making it to the TMBBQ fest? http://www.tmbbq.com/events/tmbbq-fest-2016/

Franklins, Millers, Snows, Hutchins, Lockhart and even a cook from Paris will be there. It's expensive but so is visiting all of those places.
      That looks like it will be a great time and the price is right. More importantly it looks to be inside of a venue. I've been wanting to go to the East Texas BBQ cook off, but its outside with a few bands and in Tyler. I'd much rather go to Austin. There are nice Hotels and other shit to do...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That looks like it will be a great time and the price is right. More importantly it looks to be inside of a venue. I've been wanting to go to the East Texas BBQ cook off, but its outside with a few bands and in Tyler. I'd much rather go to Austin. There are nice Hotels and other shit to do...
        They used the lawn last year with a bunch of tents. It's late October and Austin, it'll be a reasonable temperature.

Comment

• I'd rather do that than go to the SFoT. I know the food will be great, that and I can try Franklin's without having to wait 3 hours in a street.
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'd rather do that than go to the SFoT. I know the food will be great, that and I can try Franklin's without having to wait 3 hours in a street.
            And Snow's without leaving the house at 5am for BBQ. They are more of a pain in the ass than Franklin's for non locals. Damned good stuff though! It's interesting watching an 80+ year old woman as a pit master.

Comment

I'd rather do that than go to the SFoT. I know the food will be great, that and I can try Franklin's without having to wait 3 hours in a street.
              So who wants to do this??

Comment

• I should be in but I'm going to make a weekend out of it.

Comment

• Starting to hear good things about Kenny's Smokehouse in plano at the shops of legacy. Has anybody been there yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                    Starting to hear good things about Kenny's Smokehouse in plano at the shops of legacy. Has anybody been there yet?
                    It is decent, but nothing earth shattering. As with the rest of his restaurants, they do a good job.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Dam i want to go to the TMBBq

Comment

• Whens the first bbq fest this year locally

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          Whens the first bbq fest this year locally
                          There aren't many straight up bbq festivals, normally they are part of a bigger event. If you want competitions then here you go:

March 10-11 at Sam's club in White Settlement. It's an actual KCBS event with a $10k prize. This will be a pretty big event that'll take over most of their parking lot.

March 19-20 there is a cook off in Granbury, not sure if it's sanctioned by anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                            Starting to hear good things about Kenny's Smokehouse in plano at the shops of legacy. Has anybody been there yet?
                            Meh. My wife works up there. We went one evening. It was okay. The better place a bit further north is probably Hutchins in Frisco but I guess I'm old school when it comes to BBQ too.

Everyone is dabbling in BBQ these days, but I prefer the hill country roadside style places. If it smells great drop on in, otherwise drive to the next one. BBQ is all about temperature and patience. Not many city chefs have patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              Meh. My wife works up there. We went one evening. It was okay. The better place a bit further north is probably Hutchins in Frisco but I guess I'm old school when it comes to BBQ too.

Everyone is dabbling in BBQ these days, but I prefer the hill country roadside style places. If it smells great drop on in, otherwise drive to the next one. BBQ is all about temperature and patience. Not many city chefs have patience.
                              This guy would complain if a fart wasn't wet enough...

Comment

• Was on TM BBQ, saw a list of best fried side. One I have not seen before is fried corn on the cob. Dam i want one now

Comment

Working...
                                X