Finally going to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    Yea I'm over paid all right. How many people do you know have an FRA issued Class 1 Locomotive License? You can't exactly go down to your local community college and take a few night classes to get one.
    Feel free to educate us on the rigors of getting said license. A quick search found that FRA requires you to be somewhat physically capable, a high school graduate and at least 21 years old. Other requirements are to pass a written and some other exam. Please elaborate from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
      Feel free to educate us on the rigors of getting said license. A quick search found that FRA requires you to be somewhat physically capable, a high school graduate and at least 21 years old. Other requirements are to pass a written and some other exam. Please elaborate from here.
      LOL In other words, a warm body that can press the "stop" and "Go" buttons.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I had to have more qualifications to go through unit armorers course. And he calls it tough needing a union to force him to get paid what he's worth? The free market pays you what you're worth. If you're in demand with skills, you draw big dollars.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Also looks like 30 weeks of class, with a dropout rate of less than 3%. Not to mention the site I saw has a glaring grammatical error on it. Sounds rigorous!
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• So basically it's a Choo choo train GED?
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              So basically it's a Choo choo train GED?
              That will get you $100K+ a year, full benefits, 5 weeks vacation, and the profit sharing check every year. Sounds like a sweet deal.
              Originally posted by The King
              I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

• Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                That will get you $100K+ a year, full benefits, 5 weeks vacation, and the profit sharing check every year. Sounds like a sweet deal.
                I thought even the elite (like FrieghtTrain) only get like 80K and you forgot to add the low, low price for union membership... wait, that's a deduction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  I thought even the elite (like FrieghtTrain) only get like 80K and you forgot to add the low, low price for union membership... wait, that's a deduction.
                  Tax deduction.
                  I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Tax deduction.
                    Is that really a brag?

Comment

Is that really a brag?

No but making 6 figures sitting in a leather captains chair in the ice cold a/c is. Oops, I have to blow the horn. Wow this is hard work to make 6 figures.

Comment

• I'm still waiting to hear about a real "six figure" claim by a choo choo driver... so I can call him a liar.

He might get there with a ton of overtime, but not base salary.

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear about a real "six figure" claim by a choo choo driver... so I can call him a liar.

He might get there with a ton of overtime, but not base salary.
                          I am a conductor for UP and we are guaranteed $3600 a half on the extra board. That is $86K+ a year straight time. Engineers make $15-$20K more than us. Right now we are slammed and some of us are getting $4500-$5,100 a half.

BNSF gets a profit sharing check every year. $9K-$12K and UP will get them starting this year thanks to our union.

Comment

• More good, solid barg in this thread....

All it needs now is more kowbell

Comment

• Facts are facts. We just hired 30 conductors last week. Most are 18-21 years old. Going to be making some big money for there age. Guess that is why they passed on collage.

Comment

Facts are facts. We just hired 30 conductors last week. Most are 18-21 years old. Going to be making some big money for there age. Guess that is why they passed on collage.
                                I hate to break the news to you but $120K a year isn't even close to big money.
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X