Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
    Denny = Irreplaceable LOL!
    Wow... look at the post above you. This is too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Exactly. I'm tired of hearing his elitist banter when he does what anyone else can do. You and I can also be replaced today. Who cares?
      Yep, I abandoned a company when I was 25 that was begging me to stay and become the VP. I thought they would die without me. I just wanted a new profession. They are now 140 years old and growing. My ego shrank after I left and I am thankful to have been humbled. Although, I plan to purchase that company one day.

Comment

You're a conclusion jumper too? Is this mandatory training to sit on a union bench?

I never said union workers were no-talent ass clowns, just clowns feeding a manipulated system that disrupts a free market workforce. I'm sure I can pull (have pulled) more money in the States than a seasoned wire puller. Not knocking the trade, just calling you on your bullshit post.
        Well for starters I don't pull wire, I troubleshoot everything from main alternators(power generators big enough to power a small city) traction control systems, gps controls, etc, etc. Now let me tell you about a non union or scab shop, poor pay, poor safety record, lay offs, no benefits, and generally workers who could care less, is this who we need working on locomotives that pull hazardous freight?

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
          Why should any one who is a train conductor get paid 80K+ ?

Wheres the fucking skill in that?
          it's the equivalent of a 'skilled' truck driver ! Shit , at best. You could argue with traffic and moronic car drivers it takes ten times more skill / knowledge than a train conductor would ever need on a rail.
          unlike a truck driver, that train conductor is responsible for probably hundreds of millions of dollars in train and cargo.

Comment

Originally posted by turboskull1 View Post
            Well for starters I don't pull wire, I troubleshoot everything from main alternators(power generators big enough to power a small city) traction control systems, gps controls, etc, etc. Now let me tell you about a non union or scab shop, poor pay, poor safety record, lay offs, no benefits, and generally workers who could care less, is this who we need working on locomotives that pull hazardous freight?
            I don't get that from non-unionized places. In fact, if you fuck up at a job in a non-union position, you're out. Kinda makes you want to work better, right?

Comment

I don't get that from non-unionized places. In fact, if you fuck up at a job in a non-union position, you're out. Kinda makes you want to work better, right?
              LOL. Just because you're a union member you can still get fired just as easily as a non union member.

Comment

LOL. Just because you're a union member you can still get fired just as easy as a non union member.
                Not as easily. That's bullshit and you know it. People walk in with their union reps and threaten grievances all the time. "You can't fire me for being late from one of my 15 breaks that I'm entitled to each day!!!"

Comment

LOL. Just because you're a union member you can still get fired just as easily as a non union member.
                  Um, no... Isn't that the grand scheme?

Comment

Exactly. I'm tired of hearing his elitist banter when he does what anyone else can do. You and I can also be replaced today. Who cares?
                    Your goddamn right about my elitist banter, because while you are right that everyone is replaceable, getting the replacement to the same level of competency as the replacee can take years. If you have worked in ANY type of technical trade you should know that not all knowledge comes from books(contrary to the belief of most brain washed college educated managerial types) and that a few months on the job is as good as years in a classroom. Look, I think that we both agree that SOME union employees, ie;auto workers are over paid slobs, but most of us are every day Joes trying to make a decent living without being beat down by the corporate machine.

Comment

Not as easily. That's bullshit and you know it. People walk in with their union reps and threaten grievances all the time. "You can't fire me for being late from one of my 15 breaks that I'm entitled to each day!!!"
                      LOL do you think they care about grievances? NO! Yes they can fire you from coming off of a break late. Will they? Would they fire you? Probably not.

I have 2, 15 min breaks and 1, 30 min lunch. We just do a one hour lunch every night. Half of it is not paid. I also work a 10 hour shift.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                        LOL you bitch and moan about us being over paid but what about you. You're over seas working as a contractor and sticking it to the tax payer. How much would your postion be paying you stateside?
                        What does it matter where he's performing his work? Just because there's not a stateside demand for it (not much defense contracting to be done in country in which we're not in a conflict) doesn't at all change the economics of the situation.

Your union buddies on here do plenty of bragging about how much they get paid and how near-to-impossible it is for them to get fired. And there is PLENTY of verbatim documentation of their claims about not getting fired.

Comment

If you have worked in ANY type of technical trade you should know that not all knowledge comes from books(contrary to the belief of most brain washed college educated managerial types) and that a few months on the job is as good as years in a classroom.
                          I have zero college hours and have climbed my way to the top more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                            Your union buddies on here do plenty of bragging about how much they get paid and how near-to-impossible it is for them to get fired. And there is PLENTY of verbatim documentation of their claims about not getting fired.
                            I suppose that would be possible if the union is very powerful and management is affraid of them. Not ever union is like this though.

Comment

Your goddamn right about my elitist banter, because while you are right that everyone is replaceable, getting the replacement to the same level of competency as the replacee can take years. If you have worked in ANY type of technical trade you should know that not all knowledge comes from books(contrary to the belief of most brain washed college educated managerial types) and that a few months on the job is as good as years in a classroom. Look, I think that we both agree that SOME union employees, ie;auto workers are over paid slobs, but most of us are every day Joes trying to make a decent living without being beat down by the corporate machine.
                              Then why use the union as a crutch? If you are truely a badass at what you do, competing the job will yeild a better return for you AND you won't have to pay the mafia either. The corporate machine is what it is because of today's unions.

Now don't get me wrong. I think the formation of workers' unions was a necessity at one time. A time when there weren't any labor laws. The unions put the businesses in check and successfully demanded fair pay, benefits and working conditions for the people. I'm glad it happened and wouldn't want that replaced. Today, we have labor laws and regulations that tax payers and businesses pay out the ass for.

Comment

Then why use the union as a crutch? If you are truely a badass at what you do, competing the job will yeild a better return for you AND you won't have to pay the mafia either. The corporate machine is what it is because of today's unions.

Now don't get me wrong. I think the formation of workers' unions was a necessity at one time. A time when there weren't any labor laws. The unions put the businesses in check and successfully demanded fair pay, benefits and working conditions for the people. I'm glad it happened and wouldn't want that replaced. Today, we have labor laws and regulations that tax payers and businesses pay out the ass for.
                                Son of a bitch! That post makes me want to fist pump, and I'm not even gay!

Comment

Working...
                                X