No announcement yet.

Finally going to get paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turboskull1 and 2011GT, you might want to utilize the search function of this forum to see FreightTrain's past posts and why almost everyone is jumping down his throat.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      Son of a bitch! That post makes me want to fist pump, and I'm not even gay!
      LOL... don't go gay on me now... I'll call out the forum's union stewart!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        LOL... don't go gay on me now... I'll call out the forum's union stewart!
        Are you in the states currently? You need to come hang out with me at my bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          What does it matter where he's performing his work? Just because there's not a stateside demand for it (not much defense contracting to be done in country in which we're not in a conflict) doesn't at all change the economics of the situation.
          Try to keep up if you can. The majority of this conversation is him claiming union members are over paid. So if he would make 40k a year working in the United States and he makes 160k working over seas what does that make him. Let me think about it....OVER PAID. He argues that the only difference between union work and non union work is the pay. So whats the difference of him working in another country. It's the same work.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Are you in the states currently? You need to come hang out with me at my bar.
            I'll be home June 12th - 28th. This looks like my last leave before we demobilize. Shoot me some info.

Comment

turboskull1 and 2011GT, you might want to utilize the search function of this forum to see FreightTrain's past posts and why almost everyone is jumping down his throat.
              Eh don't really care. I was just trying to say not all union members are lazy. I don't get paid much, infact near the bottom of comparable (non-union) jobs. Why don't I quit? The market sucks.
              FYI- I'm an airline mechanic. Work graveyard, weekends, holidays etc...

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                Try to keep up if you can. The majority of this conversation is him claiming union members are over paid. So if he would make 40k a year working in the United States and he makes 160k working over seas what does that make him. Let me think about it....OVER PAID. He argues that the only difference between union work and non union work is the pay. So whats the difference of him working in another country. It's the same work.
                See? There you go showing your ass again. Both numbers are low and WAY out of ratio anyway.

And I didn't just complain about the unions overpaying, although that was one of the complaints. The "only difference" as you put it, is that you selectively read what you want or don't want to.

Comment

LOL you think I'm going to apologize for being union or walk on egg shells. I've told you a hundred times no two unions are alike, but you want to lump everyone in together and just generalize all union members as UAW members.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                    Eh don't really care. I was just trying to say not all union members are lazy. I don't get paid much, infact near the bottom of comparable (non-union) jobs. Why don't I quit? The market sucks.
                    FYI- I'm an airline mechanic. Work graveyard, weekends, holidays etc...
                    FreightTrain makes it out that were are saying that, but you really need to see the history of the discussion on here. It's quite embarassing for him (if he knew what he was really talking about).

Comment

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                      LOL you think I'm going to apologize for being union or walk on egg shells. I've told you a hundred times no two unions are alike, but you want to lump everyone in together and just generalize all union members as UAW members.
                      Exhibit #34589754698734

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Then why use the union as a crutch? If you are truely a badass at what you do, competing the job will yeild a better return for you AND you won't have to pay the mafia either. The corporate machine is what it is because of today's unions.

Now don't get me wrong. I think the formation of workers' unions was a necessity at one time. A time when there weren't any labor laws. The unions put the businesses in check and successfully demanded fair pay, benefits and working conditions for the people. I'm glad it happened and wouldn't want that replaced. Today, we have labor laws and regulations that tax payers and businesses pay out the ass for.
                        So what do you think a grocery stocker for let's say Wal Mart would have to say about your above statement? Especially the part about fair pay and benefits. How can Wal Mart offer such low pricing and make such enormous profits? First by creating a monopoly of sorts and purchasing their goods cheaply, secondly by low buck labor. The laws and regulations to protect workers are out dated at best, and unfortunately with a lack of any real regulation in cheap imports, the American work force has been thrown onto a global market place that is willing to work for a few dollars a day. It all goes back to what I was talking about with the white collar crowd, their whole mentality is about making enormous profits off the backs of the working class, no matter that they are bringing down the entire country due to their greed and laziness.

Comment

• Don't compare yourself to a grocery stocker. LMFAO!!! They get paid like other grocery stockers do, anyway. Wal-Mart offers benefits too.

The overseas market is not a union and non-union issue, it is American workers vs. 3rd world slaves, but this union vs. non-union shit is throwing another wrench in our fight.

Comment

• The same guy that stocks iceberg lettuce and baby carrots protects us from h-bombs?

Comment

Don't compare yourself to a grocery stocker. LMFAO!!! They get paid like other grocery stockers do, anyway. Wal-Mart offers benefits too.

The overseas market is not a union and non-union issue, it is American workers vs. 3rd world slaves, but this union vs. non-union shit is throwing another wrench in our fight.
                              LOL at anyone that believes what walmart offers is actually considered benefits. That's whats wrong with the american public. They think they have health insurance and it's a joke. Any time I hear someone claim they have health insurance only to tell me that they pay $1,200 a month for a family of four and have 5k deductibles it's pathetic.

They are fed shit and made to believe it's Filet Mignon.

Comment

Don't compare yourself to a grocery stocker. LMFAO!!! They get paid like other grocery stockers do, anyway. Wal-Mart offers benefits too.

We will have to finish our discussion later, damn I need some sleep!

Comment

Working...
                                X