No announcement yet.

What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your not accepting the Truth does not make the Truth any less true, it simply indicates that you are blind to said Truth, either willfully or unknowingly. It does not matter which, Satan is behind said blindness.

Again, no trying involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Your not accepting the Truth does not make the Truth any less true, it simply indicates that you are blind to said Truth, either willfully or unknowingly. It does not matter which, Satan is behind said blindness.

Again, no trying involved.
      You have failed to support your claims. This does not indicate that what you claim is truth is, in fact, truth. It indicates quite the opposite, in fact. So, whether you were trying or not, you would be the deceiver.

You can keep trying your technicalities. Fortunately, I don't require misdirection for my statements.
      Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

• Your statements above are rooted in deception visited upon you by Satan, so they are of no consequence to me or about me.

Comment

Your statements above are rooted in deception visited upon you by Satan, so they are of no consequence to me or about me.
          Which you have, once again, just asserted and failed to indicate.
          Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
            not to worry. Well all see the Truth in the end.
            Seriously? This is the only response you felt needed to be made? No sort of acknowledgment that you, indeed, were misinformed? That, perhaps, you've learned your lesson and in the future you'll do your research before throwing wild-ass claims of historical fact out there? Just a poorly developed barb equivalent to Pascal's Wager?

Originally posted by The King View Post
            You have simply been deceived by Satan into believing that my statements regarding the Truth are invalid and/or false. You're certainly not alone in having been so deceived, as there have been many before you and will be many after you (for a while).
            What you’re doing here is pretty much the same as the following scenario.

Mother: Did you break my favorite vase, Little Timmy?
            Little Timmy, standing amidst the destruction of a priceless heirloom: NO. Satan did it!

It is possible, no matter how unlikely, that some large, muscle-y demon burst out of the floorboards from his hellish residence and destroyed Mum’s favorite vase. Unfortunately for Little Timmy, all evidence points to the fact that he was clearly doing what he wasn’t supposed to and ended up breaking his mother’s heart. Little Timmy needs to present verifiable evidence that Satan WAS the douchebag of the hour so that mummy doesn’t end up resenting him and wishing she had insisted on condoms five minutes before Little Timmy’s conception.

People, especially strangers on a message board, aren’t going to take your Satan’s-deceiving-you claims seriously if you aren’t going to follow it up with a convincing argument supported by evidence. Would you believe me if I told you that my favorite knickers had been abducted by aliens and was currently on Mars, being used to build an intergalactic super slingshot? Especially if all I had to back it up was, “It’s the Truth!”
            sigpic

Comment

• ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Parasite Eva View Post
                What you’re doing here is pretty much the same as the following scenario.

Mother: Did you break my favorite vase, Little Timmy?
                Little Timmy, standing amidst the destruction of a priceless heirloom: NO. Satan did it!

It is possible, no matter how unlikely, that some large, muscle-y demon burst out of the floorboards from his hellish residence and destroyed Mum’s favorite vase. Unfortunately for Little Timmy, all evidence points to the fact that he was clearly doing what he wasn’t supposed to and ended up breaking his mother’s heart. Little Timmy needs to present verifiable evidence that Satan WAS the douchebag of the hour so that mummy doesn’t end up resenting him and wishing she had insisted on condoms five minutes before Little Timmy’s conception.

People, especially strangers on a message board, aren’t going to take your Satan’s-deceiving-you claims seriously if you aren’t going to follow it up with a convincing argument supported by evidence. Would you believe me if I told you that my favorite knickers had been abducted by aliens and was currently on Mars, being used to build an intergalactic super slingshot? Especially if all I had to back it up was, “It’s the Truth!”
                Your scenario above illustrates an important point. Satan himself does not necessarily need to burst forth from his hellish residence, in the persona of a large muscle-y demon, to destroy anything. Rather he influences and uses human agents, part of God's Creation, to do his destruction and to attempt to separate us from God. What better way is there for Satan to "get even" with God than by corrupting His favorite creation. It's been that way since Adam and Eve, the first humans, and will continue until the End Time that 4.6coupe alluded to.

"The Truth" otherwise known as the Word of God, is not constricted by petty evidendiciary demands placed by mankind. The Word of God is recorded throughout the Bible, and if one will read and allow the Word of God into their life, the Truth will become increasingly recognizable.

Good post BTW......

Comment

• Originally posted by The King
                  Good post BTW......
                  While I appreciate your compliment, I’m afraid I’m going to have to delve into the meat of this here subject…

Originally posted by The King
                  Your scenario above illustrates an important point. Satan himself does not necessarily need to burst forth from his hellish residence, in the persona of a large muscle-y demon, to destroy anything. Rather he influences and uses human agents, part of God's Creation, to do his destruction and to attempt to separate us from God. What better way is there for Satan to "get even" with God than by corrupting His favorite creation. It's been that way since Adam and Eve, the first humans, and will continue until the End Time that 4.6coupe alluded to.
                  Your post illustrates an important point. Either you simply fail at basic reading comprehension or you picked a small portion of my little tale and chose to ignore the rest. I could have substituted Satan for a purple, multi-tentacled hentai monster and the “moral of the story” would remain the same.

Originally posted by Eva’s Public Service Announcement
                  People, especially strangers on a message board, aren’t going to take your Satan’s-deceiving-you claims seriously if you aren’t going to follow it up with a convincing argument supported by evidence.
                  The More You Know…. <3

Originally posted by The King
                  "The Truth" otherwise known as the Word of God, is not constricted by petty evidendiciary demands placed by mankind. The Word of God is recorded throughout the Bible, and if one will read and allow the Word of God into their life, the Truth will become increasingly recognizable.
                  The Truth of the Knickers-Stealing Aliens is not constricted by petty evidentiary demands placed by mankind. The Truth is recorded throughout the Orson Welles’ 1938 broadcast. Hide your underwear, FEAR THE INTERGALACTIC SLING SHOT.

This probably sounds a bit ridiculous to you. That’s okay, ‘cause you sound exactly the same to people like Maddhattter. If you are correct, this poor man’s soul is at stake, and the poor bastard doesn’t even realize it. As a man of faith, shouldn’t you put up a better fight than just throwing your hands up in the air and shrieking, “DECEIVER!” like a loon? According to you, this man is plagued and diseased with Satan's personal strain of syphilis. Shouldn’t you help him by thoroughly illustrating HOW your faith is true, instead of stubbornly insisting that it just IS, and dismissing him as a lost cause? You wouldn’t give up on a cancer patient this easily, would you?
                  Last edited by Parasite Eva; 06-30-2011, 06:06 PM. Reason: Just wanted to use syphilis.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good post BTW......
                    So, you come in, respond to no points made in the post you quote, repeat unfounded tautologies and then claim that you have any reference on reality? I genuinely don't understand how you can be so disingenuous as to imply that you can know anything about something that cannot be quantified, tested or demonstrated. As, if it cannot be tested, quantified or demonstrated, if you claim to know anything about it, you are lying by definition.

You also blatantly ignore the fact that I came from your side of the fence. As did almost everyone who does not believe. There are some who were lucky enough to grow up in secular environments, but not everyone can be that gifted by circumstance.

You consistently repeat empty tautologies as if that could somehow increase their validity in a conversation. So far in our conversation, you've pulled the same dishonest straw man tactics as Stephen did before you.

When you present nothing to support your claims, you are not defending your faith, as you have claimed that you do. All you've done thus far in this thread is bring up irrelevant points and repeat your unsupported claims, aside from the straw man tactics above.

Comment

• To sum it up for those less intelligent: "If you can't show it, you don't know it." -AronRa

Comment

• Originally posted by Parasite Eva View Post
                        This probably sounds a bit ridiculous to you. That’s okay, ‘cause you sound exactly the same to people like Maddhattter. If you are correct, this poor man’s soul is at stake, and the poor bastard doesn’t even realize it. As a man of faith, shouldn’t you put up a better fight than just throwing your hands up in the air and shrieking, “DECEIVER!” like a loon? According to you, this man is plagued and diseased with Satan's personal strain of syphilis. Shouldn’t you help him by thoroughly illustrating HOW your faith is true, instead of stubbornly insisting that it just IS, and dismissing him as a lost cause? You wouldn’t give up on a cancer patient this easily, would you?
                        No one is ever a "lost cause" as you put it. Regardless, it is up to the individual himself or herself to listen to and accept God's Word or not......that's free will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                          You also blatantly ignore the fact that I came from your side of the fence. As did almost everyone who does not believe. There are some who were lucky enough to grow up in secular environments, but not everyone can be that gifted by circumstance.
                          There is nothing for me to ignore, because what side of the fence you came from is of no onsequence to me. It's where you end up that matters.

Comment

There is nothing for me to ignore, because what side of the fence you came from is of no onsequence to me. It's where you end up that matters.
                            You would have to ignore it if you purpose that your assertion of "The Word of God is recorded throughout the Bible, and if one will read and allow the Word of God into their life, the Truth will become increasingly recognizable." has any grounding in reality.

By being a Theist at one point myself, I did "read and allow the Word of God into their life". That is, in fact, what drove me from Theism.

When scrutinized by science, the bible has failed every test science has put it up against.

As again, we only have on reliable method to tell reality from fantasy. It's called science. Science requires evidence to support claims. Without evidence to support your claims, your assertion does not have a determinable difference from fantasy.
                            Last edited by Maddhattter; 07-01-2011, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• You're not comprehending.

What "side of the fence" you came from is of no consequence to me, only to you. Thus there is nothing there for me to ignore, because to ignore would indicate that I placed some importance (which I do not) on that particular matter, 'hatter, and deliberately chose to disregard said importance.

Comment

You're not comprehending.

What "side of the fence" you came from is of no consequence to me, only to you. Thus there is nothing there for me to ignore, because to ignore would indicate that I placed some importance (which I do not) on that particular matter, 'hatter, and deliberately chose to disregard said importance.
                                Aww, isn't that cute. Not only do you not know how to tell the difference between fantasy and reality, but you also can't look up simple words. That's cute.

When something is ignored whether or not you "placed some importance ... on that particular matter" is irrelevant. Only that you "Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally". As you stated that you find it of no consequence, regardless that it provides evidence that "The Word of God is recorded throughout the Bible, and if one will read and allow the Word of God into their life, the Truth will become increasingly recognizable." is false, and you've given no evidence to support your claim, you are refusing to take notice of, or acknowledge; disregarding intentionally the evidence I presented and still blindly asserting your belief as truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X