X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
    So you've seen him?

Moses, is that you?

Silly man, thinking that knowledge is limited by he can perceive with his five senses.

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
    Your logic fails.
    Prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Prove it.
      Okay.
      I don't believe that, therefore not believing that must make it true.
      Allow me to rephrase my answer to your rephrased question thus:

I know God is real, and arguments to the contrary are made-up (or imaginary if you prefer).
      Easy game.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Believing and knowing are not synonyms, therefore you have provided no proof.

Short version = you fail (again). Very easy game.

Comment

Is it possible to know something without believing it? Examples please!
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

It is possible to believe something without knowing it.

Example: I believe that you can be easily played, but there is no need for me to put forth the effort to know that, i.e. to directly experience same.

Comment

No, that wasn't the question. Is it possible to know something without believing it?
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I don't know, is it?

Comment

I don't know, is it?
                  Of course not.
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

So be it, I'll take your comments into consideration.
                    Takes a better man than me to turn the other cheek when slapped...I see that is it hard for you to do as well.

Comment

That's almost......(gasp!) Biblical

BTW my interpretation of Matthew 5:29 differs from that commonly encountered.

Comment

You left out "turn the other cheek", to wit:

Matthew 5:39 (KJV)
                        .....but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
                        That's almost......(gasp!) Biblical

BTW my interpretation of Matthew 5:29 differs from that commonly encountered.
                        I got the idea from you...so you interpret to mean that if you are pussy enough to allow someone to slap you, you might as well turn the other cheek?

Comment

Au contraire, to turn the other cheek says (to me) that we will demonstrate strength in the face of adversity.

Jesus was not a weak, timid man by any means. Given His profession as a carpenter, He would rather have been quite strong and capable of turning the other cheek to face those opposing Him.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me whether you come down on anyone. This isn't a popularity contest, and I see sanitizing one's beliefs to avoid confrontation with someone else as being completely worthless.

Regardless, this thread is an attention whoring thread, plain and simple, regardless of what forum it's in.
                            A popularity contest? Really? Are you not hearing a word I say to you. I was trying to be nice and let you know that I wasn't being a ass. That I was trying to be kind. What you think of me is fine, as I have not entered a contest of such.

And where on earth did you get me saying that one should sanitize one's beliefs to avoid confrontation? However, confrontation is not a way to handle things Biblically.

Now that its out there, let me say this. It is clearly you that is the attention whore. Everything screams me me me. I will fight you, I will set you straight, listen to me and I will cram a mouth full of do rights. It seems to be your goal in life to make a scene of every religious thought, may it be right or wrong.

Sorry man, but the word of God doesn't beat up the lost. And to be quite honest, Christianity would be a lost cause if Jesus himself acted this way. I'd be setting in the same mindset Talisman sets.
                            Photobucket

Comment

Rather full of yourself, and judgemental, aren't you? No matter.

Comment

Rather full of yourself, and judgemental, aren't you? No matter.
                                Damn right Im judgemental. Having good judgement it what you seem to be lacking here. I'm not even gonna address your throw of me being "rather full of myself". Pretty damn sure I never mentioned "I or Me". Damn bro. Dont you get tired of fighting with everyone? Talisman, ElCamino and such are bating you, because they know its gonna be a good laugh for them. Its nothing more than to get your goat.

Casting pearls to the swine. This thread and others like it mean nothing. It was a thread made two weeks or more ago and about to die. Then you come along and restore it and turn it into a religious circus.

Quit carring your Bible on the end of a baseball bat and embrase it in your heart.
                                Last edited by BlackSnake; 12-01-2010, 09:40 PM.
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X