Evolution: The Grand Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
    Lets be reasonable here...If God is in possesion of me through salvation, how then can demons posses the same possesion? Our bodies are called "the temple of the lord." Would our God dwell in the same house as demons do?
    Find biblical evidence of what you're saying. You're going to find that it doesn't exist. Now, what we are told is that we should not cast out demons and not fill that space of our lives with God, because the demons will come right back with friends. You should really do some research on this. I used to believe the same as you until I did some research on it. Demons in the Church is an excellent book for this. What Demons Can do to Christians is another decent one if I remember correctly.

And tongues? Start a new thread. Tongues is nothing more that a "act" put on by believers that need more than faith. It will take me some time to go through it verse by verse to show you, but I might do that.
    (I'll post this all in a new thread)

Incorrect. You do have some people just faking it to be accepted, that is true. However, if you do some research, you will find that when people record the tongues speakers and send the recordings to linguists, the linguists can identify the language and translate. Linguists say that yes, some people are faking and there is no discernible language or language structure. However, they say that some of the people are speaking a known language. They say it is typically an extremely rare African tribal language only known to one satanic tribe specifically. And when they translate it, they find that the people are cursing Christ.

If one is to understand the purpose for this, one needs to understand free-will and prayer. We were given free-will in Genesis 1:26-28. God says He gave us dominion (sovereign rule) over the earth and everything on it. That's not only free-will, but it also means that God cannot interfere here unless we ask Him to do so since He's given us rule here. Thus, prayer is our way to get God's will brought into the earth. The same goes for Satan's will. Pray to him or curse Jesus and a person is bringing Satan's will into the earth. So, basically, by convincing Christians that it is the "Holy Spirit" who is speaking through them, Satan has gotten an avenue through which he can get Christians to pray against God and not bring His will into the earth. Pretty clever.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
      "But that wasn't evolution [macroevolution], it was adaptation [microevolution] and it is possible to adapt without speciating thus not proof of evolution [macroevolution]"

Nevermind that speciation is the only logical result of adaptation in the long term. Oh, and there's that little bit that we have observed speciation in sexually reproducing species. Oh, and that a change such as the ability to metabolize citrate (like in your video) would be grounds for considering speciation in an asexually reproducing organism.
      Science has observed ADAPTATION, just like you said! That's not evolution, though. Just because an animal can "micro-evolve" so far from his original gene pool that he cannot reproduce with his own species anymore does not mean he's going to change into a completely different animal at some point. We have never once seen that happen, not today, no in our recorded history, and not in the fossil record!

If you watched the video, you will see one of the experts at the museum in London say that they have the largest collection in the world, 9 million fossils, and not one of them, or any of the other fossils in the world, have transitions in them - not one missing link.

Adaptation is science. Macro-evolution and any other type of evolution is not scientific because it cannot be observed, tested or reproduced. If it can, please, by all means, show me. Oh, and present it to Hovind too, because he's offering $250,000 to anyone who can prove macro-evolution occurs and is scientific.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        For the most part, Christians disregard the Old Testament unless something in it supports their argument or agenda.
        Wrong. Christians, if they know the Bible well, accept everything from the Old Testament in its entirity, no matter what it is. It all makes sense and fits together perfectly as long as a person understands the Bible as a whole. You are welcome to try to disprove me on that, but you won't succeed. There is a perfectly good explanation of everything that happened in the Old Testament, and it all fits into the New Testament, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC View Post
          I don't think he was diagnosing or curing cancer with his statement. lol

And I explained how cancer is caused by stress. Scientists have proven that stress causes the body's pH to go acidic instantly, and this causes cortisol production to increase.

Scientists have also proven that cancer cannot exist in a body which is alkaline instead of acidic, because cortisol production is lowered and cancer cells are identified and flushed out of the body. It's very simple. Again, just read Dr. Day's book I'm Not Afraid of Cancer Anymore. She's a medical doctor who got cancer and decided to research it and figure out how to cure it and she did and it worked for her. She figured out the causes and how to eliminate the causes. Stress reduction was one of the most effective ways to eliminate the acidic pH, at which point cancer cannot grow in the body anymore. It's pretty simple. Read up on it before you go spouting out absurd uneducated opinions again.
          You (and your sources) are flat wrong. Because a doctor writes a book about her ordeal with cancer, everything in it is fact? You should incorporate other sources before taking statements as fact...and not just the sources that back up your misinformation. You are posting people's theories and calling it fact. Quit spreading misinformation. Go research the body's buffer system as well as cortisol production and function. Your statements arent based on scientific fact.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
            Dr. Dave is right.
            Finally you have posted something that is close to being on taget. Dave is partially correct, with respect to you at least. To wit:

Originally posted by davbrucas
            For the most part, Christians disregard the Old Testament unless something in it supports their argument or agenda.
            The stretch here though is that you try to argue (unsuccessfully) against my posts not with the Old Testament, but with more childish whining.. Get over your infatuation with me hypocrite, because as I've told you repeatedly I won't reciprocate.

Comment

Originally posted by the king View Post
              finally you have posted something that is close to being on taget. Dave is partially correct, with respect to you. To wit:

The stretch here though is that that you argue unsuccessfully against my posts not with the old testament, but with more childish whining.. Get over your infatuation with me hypocrite, because as i've told you repeatedly i won't reciprocate.
              lol.

Comment

We can always hope

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  We can always hope
                  You are a equal opportunity asshole arent you?

Comment

You are a equal opportunity asshole arent you?
                    If so, take comfort in the fact that I won't even attempt to be a better one than you.....the bar is that low.

Comment

If so, take comfort in the fact that I won't even attempt to be a better one than you.....the bar is that low.
                      You hurt my feelings.
                      Dont ask me again to refill your valtrex, Herp-man!

Comment

That was meant as a compliment dr.

I learned from here that if you're going to be a a.h., at least be the best one you can be even if there are others present who are obviously more gifted at it.

Comment

That was meant as a compliment dr.

I learned from here that if you're going to be a a.h., at least be the best one you can be even if there are others present who are obviously more gifted at it.
                          LOL. You underestimate your asshole-ishness!!

Comment

That would conceited to consider myself on par with the masters of the craft.

Sorry for derailing your thread, BrianC. It is now returned to its' rightful owner.

Comment

LOL. You underestimate your asshole-ishness!!
                              Truth!
                              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC View Post
                                Find biblical evidence of what you're saying. You're going to find that it doesn't exist. Now, what we are told is that we should not cast out demons and not fill that space of our lives with God, because the demons will come right back with friends. You should really do some research on this. I used to believe the same as you until I did some research on it. Demons in the Church is an excellent book for this. What Demons Can do to Christians is another decent one if I remember correctly.

I dont think it spicifically states word for word wheather a Christian can be demon possesed, but there is some pretty clear evadence. Having said that, Christians can be oppressed by demonds, but not possesed.

Demon possession involves a demon having direct/complete control over the thoughts or actions of a person, where as demon oppression or influence involves a demon or demons attacking a person spiritually or encouraging him to sin.

Jesud purchased us with his blood. Paid the price. Wouldnt it sound all backwards if he would allow a demon to dwell in a place the he paid for with his own blood at the cross?

1 John 4:4 says... You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. The world reposents sin/demon powers. This passage makes no since if we can be possesed.

When a Believer receives Christ as their personal savior, the Holy Spirit comes into that believers body. Jesus has at that time laid claime to that person for His own. Demons cannot occupy the same place as the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 2:6-10, I am seated together with Christ in the heavenlies. The scriptures also teach that we are in Christ, and that He is in us, it is Christ in us our hope of glory. Now Christ said concerning satan, "the prince of this world cometh and hath nothing in Me".

I Cor. 6:19,20: "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

II Cor. 6:14,16: "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteous- ness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord has Christ with Be'li-al? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and 1 will be their God, and they shall be my people."

Eph. l:21,22: "Far above all principality, and power , and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come, and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church."

Eph. 2:6: "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus."

John 14:20: "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father. and ye in me, and I in you."

Gal. 5:19,21: "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultary, fornication, uncleaness, lasciviousness, idolatry , witchcraft, hatred , variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 8:13; 6:3-13: "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."
                                "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death? Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection: knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him: knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over Him. For in that He died, He died unto sin once: but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
                                Last edited by BlackSnake; 12-08-2010, 07:58 PM.
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X