Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So here's a question for the believers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
    Nope. I maintained context, and even explained how the context applies. Anyone could look the chapter up and read, hopefully, the whole thing. I did not just assert I was correct, then, effectively, ask for popular opinion, unlike you.
    No, you did not. You posted one verse, which provides no context, and your explanation that followed is thereby rendered meaningless regardless of what your google search told you. I on the other hand posted the entire parable for anyone to read for thewmselves, and so far in this thread if anyone has read it or the entire chapter, no one has commented in favor of your explanation.

Originally posted by Maddhatter
    Poll results have consistently shown that people who do not believe know more about religion than believers do. This is evidences that the bible does not advance faith when actually read.

Anything can advance any faith, as faith is belief without evidence. No consistency is required with faith. That's why I rely on actual evidence, it's demonstrably more reliable.
    Knowing more about religion has little to do with the Christian Faith. If you had actually read the Bible and comprehended what you read, you would have already known that, which you obviously did not. I can understand why you might rely on poll results however, given that they can be easily picked and chose from those google searches you rely on.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
      Thing is, when you die, according to the Bible, you will see all things and know all things. So when you are face to face with him (meet him) your only input would be, "I screwed up, huh?"
      Those are terrible terms. Why would I bargain for eternity on them?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        Knowing more about religion has little to do with the Christian Faith. If you had actually read the Bible and comprehended what you read, you would have already known that, which you obviously did not. I can understand why you might rely on poll results however, given that they can be easily picked and chose from those google searches you rely on.
        So no one that reads and comprehends the bible could possibly disagree with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
          He could, it would just be silly. I would hope that he is mocked for asking something that he does not believe in for anything. Unless it's being done in an ironic or otherwise humorous manner. Then he should just be laughed at. I could, however forgive him without him ever asking me for it.

Forgiveness doesn't require a request.
          This is where it really gets good. All "sins" are forgiven. All you have to do is except it. You either want it or you dont.
          Photobucket

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Those are terrible terms. Why would I bargain for eternity on them?
            I dont understand why you wouldnt.
            Photobucket

Comment

So no one that reads and comprehends the bible could possibly disagree with it?
              Who posted that statement? Debate about the Bible, and it's meanings and implications, has been going on since Old Testament times.

My post to 'hatter, which you quoted, stated "Knowing more about religion has little to do with the Christian Faith. If you had actually read the Bible and comprehended what you read, you would have already known that, which you obviously did not." This means that religion as we practice it often only reflects limited Biblical connections to the Christian Faith. Certain religious traditions do however....Holy Communion and the Lord's Prayer are two that come to mind.

Comment

I dont understand why you wouldnt.
                In the smallest of deals, for the smallest amounts of money, and for the most petty of transactions, I'm allowed to know the details of an offer before I commit. Why would I make the biggest gamble possible on a deal I'm not allowed to know all the details on?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Who posted that statement? Debate about the Bible, and it's meanings and implications, has been going on since Old Testament times.

My post to 'hatter, which you quoted, stated "Knowing more about religion has little to do with the Christian Faith. If you had actually read the Bible and comprehended what you read, you would have already known that, which you obviously did not." This means that religion as we practice it often only reflects limited Biblical connections to the Christian Faith. Certain religious traditions do however....Holy Communion and the Lord's Prayer are two that come to mind.
                  I'm responding to your inference.

Comment

In the smallest of deals, for the smallest amounts of money, and for the most petty of transactions, I'm allowed to know the details of an offer before I commit. Why would I make the biggest gamble possible on a deal I'm not allowed to know all the details on?
                    And you do.
                    Photobucket

Comment

And you do.
                      Man, I just don't think my questions can be answered.

Comment

Man, I just don't think my questions can be answered.
                        You are not lookin for answers though. You are only looking on how you can disprove the Bible.
                        Photobucket

Comment

You are not lookin for answers though. You are only looking on how you can disprove the Bible.
                          I'm really not looking to do anything. I'm just asking questions.

Comment

Don't go with this line of thought again. Remember where it got you last time?

Comment

I'm responding to your inference.
                              There was no inference there. Religion and its relationship to the Bible was the only topic of my post.

Comment

I'm really not looking to do anything. I'm just asking questions.
                                You are taking peices of the Bible and making conclusions by your own understanding. The Bible will prove itself if you would actually apply yourself in a good study.
                                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X