Don't ask Don't Tell is dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lason View Post
    Im with Yale on this. Im glad to know the country wont turn them down because of who they like to screw. I dont care if they screw electrical outlets on their free time, if they want to pick up a rifle to defend their country then they should be allowed to.

I honestly thought the whole hating on gays thing was a religious thing so seeing Dave jump on that side surprises me.
    Sexual orientation is the main reason that men and women are separated in living quarters, showers, bathrooms, and every other area that call for privacy. Sexual assault is a major issue within the military both locally and abroad. They would NEED to continue this segregation in order to protect everyone. How are they going to do that? If you put homosexual males in with either other homosexual men or heterosexual men, the potential threat is there. Same for the women. Having this openly gay policy is nothing more than causing a bigger issue all around.

Comment

Isnt it Christians that using the excuse that the bible says a man shouldnt lay with another man as an excuse to hate? I have yet to hear that from a fellow atheist.
      Because the fellow atheists are too busy trying to point out a spec in Christians' eyes while the log is jammed in theirs. Sometimes your hatred goes from mildly entertaining to outright disgusting and sad.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        Look at your posts. Look at yourself. Tell me who is full of hatred and loathing. Don't project your frustrations and animosity onto others.

The simple fact is, this law introduces unneeded, unwarranted, and undesired complications into military life. The armed forces are in the business of removing all individuality and building a fighting force. Now they have to deal with "HR" issues related to promoting sexual behavior to a protected status.
        Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Because the fellow atheists are too busy trying to point out a spec in Christians' eyes while the log is jammed in theirs. Sometimes your hatred goes from mildly entertaining to outright disgusting and sad.
        You two need to seriously go back and look at my posts. I have said more than once on the old board that hate is a strong word and I reserve it for very few people that I have run across. I have never wished harm or even death on anyone. I dont look at a single race, religion, sexual orientation, etc and use the word "hate" to describe them. Im proud of that fact and try to instill that into my children.

Now, you two are getting bent out of shape because I just pointed out that religious people are usually the ones getting bent out of shape when someone starts talking about gays so obviously I have struck a nerve. Am I wrong in the fact that the bible says that and that it is one of the main arguments against gays? The only other one I can think of is "I dont want some guy checking out my junk". If Im wrong them please let me know so I can see it better from your points of views.

Just because Im atheist doesnt mean Im one of those idiots out there saying church goers are evil. Putting idiotic billboards meant to start controversy on the side of buses and other dumb shit. I dont push my views on anyone unless there is some kind of public debate like on this forum. But I do the same thing on all kinds of topics, Im an opinionated person. One of my flaws I guess but dont ever take it as "hate". I dont hate a single person because they believe in the bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Sexual orientation is the main reason that men and women are separated in living quarters, showers, bathrooms, and every other area that call for privacy. Sexual assault is a major issue within the military both locally and abroad. They would NEED to continue this segregation in order to protect everyone. How are they going to do that? If you put homosexual males in with either other homosexual men or heterosexual men, the potential threat is there. Same for the women. Having this openly gay policy is nothing more than causing a bigger issue all around.
          I agree 100% and can see how its uncomfortable for some people. I dont have an answer for that.

Comment

Originally posted by cracker View Post
            I don't think any self respecting service man or woman is going to be "flaming." Simply put, people that join the military generally do it for a purpose. Generally that purpose is to serve his or her country. The dangerous part of this whole issue is that one guy, "that fucking guy," that joins to make a statement, be an activist, or provocateur a lawsuit for "discrimination." It's also incredibly dangerous for one "homophobe" to beat up/torture/say the wrong thing and this whole system will crumble. If the military is a job/career, nobody should be talking about who they are banging, straight or gay. This turmoil and tension could literally rip our military apart. The left will cry fowl, the right will say they shouldn't be in there in the first place.

I am not, nor have ever been, in the military so I really don't have a say. However, If I we're in combat I wouldn't care if the guy next to me smoked pole or not as long as I could count on him the same way he could count on me.

CLEARLY, this is a stepping stone for all other gay rights. I guess it is the libertarian in me, but I couldn't care less if gay people want to get married, serve openly in the military, or whatever else they do. As long as they leave me alone and aren't trying to push their beliefs on me or my family.

Bottom line, as long as the flamers in the military do their job, I don't have an issue with it. If we left these ridiculous wars and international problems to the people who caused them, we wouldn't be talking about cock smokers and muff divers. Instead we ALWAYS get in other peoples/countries business and it always ends up biting us in the ass.
            I only said something about the flaming ones because I've seen it. I hadn't even been in the military for a week and I saw one. I was in boot camp for gods sake and there was a flaming fag giving us a presentation. He was a corpsman. Yes he was doing his job, but he made everyone uncomfortable around him. His peers included. I just hope that they don't come in and act like that. But yes, as long as he can do his job at the level expected, great.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
            There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

You really want a flaming homosexual doing your physicals?

Comment

Wouldnt that be the equivalent of a straight woman doing the physical, except he would understand the male body better?

Last physical I had was from a straight woman with VERY meaty fingers but thats a story for another day

Comment

Wouldnt that be the equivalent of a straight woman doing the physical, except he would understand the male body better?

Last physical I had was from a straight woman with VERY meaty fingers but thats a story for another day
                  At least with a straight woman you both are mentally fucking each other.

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth a little. I can assure you there is no way I was mentally screwing the big broad that did my physical. Now, the hot little mexican assistant observing on the other hand....

I see your point though Dave, I could see alot of people having issues with that and like Denny said, the bunking and showering would be akward for some people. I just personally wouldnt have an issue with it at all but obviously Im in the minority and thats cool too, not the first time and deffinetly not the last time. If its as big of a deal as it seems to be then we will see a huge drop in the re-enlistments and something will be done.

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth a little. I can assure you there is no way I was mentally screwing the big broad that did my physical. Now, the hot little mexican assistant observing on the other hand....

I see your point though Dave, I could see alot of people having issues with that and like Denny said, the bunking and showering would be akward for some people. I just personally wouldnt have an issue with it at all but obviously Im in the minority and thats cool too, not the first time and deffinetly not the last time. If its as big of a deal as it seems to be then we will see a huge drop in the re-enlistments and something will be done.
                      Yeah...while I think it's disgusting I really couldnt care less. As long as it doesnt affect me and their ability to do their job I dont give a rats ass if they are in the military. But what I dont like is allowing this disease called liberalism to fester and spread. This idealology will be the downfall of this country...and when they are the cause of the collapse of our economy, you can bet your ass there will be civil unrest and some dead fucking politicians.

Comment

The military has a long road ahead with this bill. I see thousands of gays wanting to re-enlist (at the last rank they held), and demand restitution for years of service lost. Separate barracks will be built to house gay men and gay women. It's going to be an interesting road the next decade or so, as lawsuits are filed. It will only end up costing us (taxpayers) more money.

My religious affiliation has nothing to do with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          The military has a long road ahead with this bill. I see thousands of gays wanting to re-enlist (at the last rank they held), and demand restitution for years of service lost. Separate barracks will be built to house gay men and gay women. It's going to be an interesting road the next decade or so, as lawsuits are filed. It will only end up costing us (taxpayers) more money.

God, I feel old.... CHICKS weren't even on active duty ships in my day...

In fact, the closest you ever got to a female while on deployment was the smell of their perfume wafting over from the tender during UNREP (Under Way Replenishment)

You just didn't have to worry about many of the things the new guys have to put up with...

All you had to think about was work, sleep, what crappy food they had in the galley that day, home, family, and where the best places to get beer and see naked tatas were at the next port call....
                          Last edited by Gargamel; 12-23-2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post

Yeah my wife and I were talking about this aspect last night when they interviewed a naval officer that was kicked out for telling some buddies he loves pecker. He was all excited saying he was going to re-enlist and in my opinion, he shouldnt be allowed to.

My reasoning for this is simple, he broke a rule and was dishonorably discharged, simple as that. Just because the rule is lifted years later still doesnt change the fact that he broke a very well known rule when it was illegal. Thats the equivalent of legalizing weed and all these stoners wanting refunds for the tickets they got over the years.

Comment

Yeah my wife and I were talking about this aspect last night when they interviewed a naval officer that was kicked out for telling some buddies he loves pecker. He was all excited saying he was going to re-enlist and in my opinion, he shouldnt be allowed to.

My reasoning for this is simple, he broke a rule and was dishonorably discharged, simple as that. Just because the rule is lifted years later still doesnt change the fact that he broke a very well known rule when it was illegal. Thats the equivalent of legalizing weed and all these stoners wanting refunds for the tickets they got over the years.
                              I tend to agree with you there.

As it sits right now I don't see that happening. If I understand correctly the rule was changed, not declared unconstitutional or anything like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see people try though.
                              "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                              -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I see no problem with it. I'm straight, but I have quite a few gay/lesbian friends. I say if somebody wants to put their life on the line in the service of our country, let them.

Comment

Working...
                                X