Don't ask Don't Tell is dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSRGuy94 View Post
    I guess I just fail to see this making as much of a difference as some say it will... there have been gay people in the military, probably as long as there has been a military.
    Yeah, but now they don't have to hide it...

Comment

Do you honestly think that gay Marines are going to start prancing around wearing ribbons in their hair and getting tramp-stamps?

Comment

Do you honestly think that gay Marines are going to start prancing around wearing ribbons in their hair and getting tramp-stamps?
        Not necessarily, but now if they are "discriminated" against, prepare for dishonorable discharges and other lawsuits. The point is they now CAN traipse around in a pink tutu, and you'd better not say shit about it.

Comment

I don't know why you'd want to legitimately talk shit about somebody who is going to be next to you in a war zone. I thought that one of the biggest principles taught in the military was respect for your fellow soldier?

Comment

I don't know why you'd want to legitimately talk shit about somebody who is going to be next to you in a war zone. I thought that one of the biggest principles taught in the military was respect for your fellow soldier?
            I don't know the answer. Like you, I've never served. Maybe someone who has can answer the question as to whether or not it bothers them to shower, bunk, live in a foxhole, or count on a gay man to save their life. Maybe depend on a gay officer for promotions, while he gets passed over for other gays? Maybe be forced into a line of fire bacause on officer feels like the known gay male doesn't fit? The possibilities are endless.

Comment

Some people just need to get the fuck over it.

Comment

Some people just need to get the fuck over it.
                Since neither of us serve, it doesn't really affect us, now does it? You seem to really support them...a lot.

Just realize that there will be repercussions along with this decision. The military has been pretty lax with Muslims (for example), and it's come at a cost.

Comment

Lax with Muslims? Not gonna touch that one.

Comment

Lax with Muslims? Not gonna touch that one.
                    Why not? 13 killed and 30 wounded in Ft. Hood by one. Once in a while, you'll here about one serving in the middle east and lobbing a grenade into a tent. There's always consequences when you try to accept everybody.

Comment

So if the Westboro Baptist Church turns to violence, are people going to start being wary about letting Christians serve in the military?

Comment

So if the Westboro Baptist Church turns to violence, are people going to start being wary about letting Christians serve in the military?
                        Is the Westboro Baptist Church serving in the military? When 's the last time a baptist shot down 43 of our troops after yelling "Allah Akbar"? Your logic is stretching mighty thin...

Comment

Not really. Westboro Baptist church is an extreme group of Christians... if they somehow had a member infiltrate the military and kill troops in "the name of God," would you advise scrutinizing Christian troops more carefully?

Comment

Not really. Westboro Baptist church is an extreme group of Christians... if they somehow had a member infiltrate the military and kill troops in "the name of God," would you advise scrutinizing Christian troops more carefully?
                            Your logic is really bad. Are you aware of a baptist shooting 13 servicemen to death, and injuring 30 more? This has not happened, and more than likely won't. We're not fighting baptists'. Keep ducking the real issues. It seems to work well for you!
                            Last edited by Vertnut; 12-25-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

As long as Bruno doesn't show up at the team room, fuck it just another online class I am going to have to bullshit once a year.
                              De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                                Your logic is really bad. Are you aware of a baptist shooting 13 servicemen to death, and injuring 30 more? This has not happened, and more than likely won't. We're not fighting baptists'. Keep ducking the real issues. It seems to work well for you!
                                We're not fighting Islam either...we're fighting anti-capitalism and anti-modernity, we could just as easily be supplanting gook for haji.

I offer no substance I just like to stir the pot for my entertainment

Comment

Working...
                                X