Evidently, you CAN push someone too far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Of course he wasn't compliant. He did nothing wrong but work out. It's a bad time to be a black man or driving a truck.

I wouldn't put it past him to be doing some of the calls himself just to keep them jumping

"San Diego police said they have received dozens of calls Friday reporting Dorner sightings. They are urging their officers to use common sense.

SDPD also asks the public to be calm and use common sense before calling in a Dorner sighting"
      San Diego police responded with armed officers to the popular shopping mall in the middle of downtown San Diego after receiving a tip that a wanted fugitive was spotted in the vicinity.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post

I wouldn't put it past him to be doing some of the calls himself just to keep them jumping

Exactly what I would be doing. Hell, with a small list of names and badge numbers, anyone could be an off-duty officer.

Comment

• Small update

BIG BEAR LAKE, California (Reuters) - A fugitive former police officer accused of declaring war on law enforcement in an Internet manifesto and wanted as a suspect in three murders eluded a manhunt for a second day on Friday in the snow-swept mountains east of Los Angeles.

Search teams combed hillsides and homes around a ski area through the night and past daybreak for Christopher Dorner, 33, a former Navy officer presumed by police to be heavily armed and intent on carrying out a vendetta against those he blames for his 2008 dismissal from the Los Angeles Police Department.

"We did not find any additional evidence, and we certainly did not locate him," San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon told a news briefing, adding that investigators were pressing ahead despite heavy snow that complicated the manhunt.

"We're going to continue searching until either we determine that he's left the mountain or we find him," McMahon said at the Big Bear Lake resort, about 80 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

The snowfall grounded helicopters used on Thursday to scour the area with infrared cameras. But a team of more than 100 law enforcement officers, some of them riding on "snow cat" tractor vehicles, kept up an intense ground search with dogs.

The search focused on a wooded area near where Dorner's pickup truck was found burning in the snow on Thursday, and in nearby higher elevations dotted with abandoned cabins, McMahon said. Search teams had followed footprints near Dorner's truck "around the forest ... until we lost them where the ground got frozen and we couldn't continue to track," he said.

By Friday morning, sheriff's deputies had gone door to door to several hundred vacation homes without finding signs of forced entry, and no vehicles were reported stolen. Area schools that were shut down on Thursday as a precaution remained closed due to snow, McMahon said.

As speculation mounted that Dorner might have slipped away undetected, police across the region continued to chase down unconfirmed sightings.

In downtown Los Angeles, a civilian employee of the Sheriff's Department reported seeing a man she thought resembled Dorner in a parking structure outside the city's main jail, prompting a lockdown of the facility while deputies searched the area, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Police have said they believe Dorner was carrying multiple weapons, including an assault-style rifle, though the manifesto attributed to him suggested he might be more heavily armed.

"Do not deploy airships or gunships. SA-7 Manpads will be waiting," the message said, in a reference to a Russian-made shoulder-launched missile system.

"The violence of action will be high...I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) uniform whether on or off duty," he allegedly wrote.

Police said they had taken steps to protect about 40 potential targets mentioned in the online declaration. The LAPD briefly canceled a citywide tactical alert, in which officers remain on their shifts and work overtime for as long as needed, but the alert was placed back into effect late Friday morning.

Comment

• Just thought of something. With him being LAPD, he knows where the LAPD keeps their really good toys.

Comment

Just thought of something. With him being LAPD, he knows where the LAPD keeps their really good toys.
              He was a pretty junior officer and was fired years ago. I doubt he ever really had access to much besides his patrol car, his military weapons qualifications are not really that impressive either, Marksman with his rifle is barely qualifying

Comment

• I'm not saying has access. I'm saying knows where they are. I was reading reports saying he qualified expert with pistol and rifle.

Comment

Oh his edges won't last forever you're right. The longer he stays in Southern California, the faster he'll be caught and if he heads for the Mexican border he's done. Best bet is to stay in the mountains. If he has been planning this, he more than likely has caches for resupply. With as much as he loved that truck, him burning it is a big statement to everyone.
                  If somebody really REALLY wanted to hurt them, they could have killed Dorner and made it look like all of this was him. Someone who knew his story. Burned his truck as if it were him. Sent those letters as if it was him. Has anyone actually SEEN Dorner since all this began? Even one confirmed sighting? Could be a white guy who just laughs as they charge past him looking for Dorner. All the while, they'll never find where Dorner is buried. And they'll never find the guy doing it.

Comment

• That may be a bit nutty. A yacht owner reported that Dorner tried to steal his yacht for a trip to Mexico but got a rope caught in the prop. Temps are dropping rapidly out there. I hope he's bundled up

Comment

• The workout story was great. I love the incompetence on display.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• They are everything he assumed they would do.

I see this as empowering anti-government groups.

Comment

That may be a bit nutty. A yacht owner reported that Dorner tried to steal his yacht for a trip to Mexico but got a rope caught in the prop. Temps are dropping rapidly out there. I hope he's bundled up
                          Sounds nutty, but it would be diabolical if someone actually did it. Even the manifesto could be just to send them in the wrong direction, which it would seem to be doing perfectly at this point. If it is Dorner, he seems too intelligent to just give them help via the manifesto. Given how well he has done against them thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Shows how powerful an army of citizens could be against the normal forces. I'm surprised he's made it this far. Changes my mind on some things actually.
                            im surprised you say this. Starting to see the light? You used to never understand how one man could unleash hell on a trained group.......it is not hard. Divide them up and cut them down from a distance. Bathe in their blood. Repeat.
                            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

• Speaks to why they so desperately want our guns. We're more than a match for them if we all got pissed and decided we were going to burn it all down.

Comment

• Especially when you can fade into the general population. INsurgents have been doing it to us since Korea

Comment

Working...
                                X