Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...in-fire/62105/

As we pointed out, the KCAL 9 report — the one with a local reporter caught in the crossfire — contains audio from police saying "fucking burn this motherfucker." And now there's video from CBS News:

And The Guardian's Paul Owen points us to an unconfirmed recording of the police scanner on Tuesday.
    In the recording, there's this piece of dialogue:

All right, Steve, we're gonna go, er, we're gonna go forward with the plan, with, er, with the burn [or burner]. We want it, er, like we talked about.

Journalist Max Blumenthal heard something similar:

Hard to decipher on San Bernadino Sheriff scanner now: "We're gonna go ahead w/the plan w/the burner... Like we talked about."
    — Max Blumenthal (@MaxBlumenthal) February 12, 2013

And according to the Los Angeles Times, a source in law enforcement makes it seem like the SWAT team was trying any means necessary to get into the cabin, then stopped their entry once the big flames arrived:

According to a law enforcement source, police had broken down windows, fired tear gas into the cabin and blasted over a loud speaker, urging Dorner to surrender. When they got no response, police deployed a vehicle to rip down the walls of the cabin "one by one, like peeling an onion," a law enforcement official said.

By the time they got to the last wall, authorities heard a single gunshot, the source said. Then flames began to spread through the structure, and gunshots, probably set off by the fire, were heard.

The Times adds that highly flammable gas was a kind of last resort:

Hoping to end the standoff, law enforcement authorities first lobbed "traditional" tear gas into the cabin. When that did not work, they opted to use CS gas canisters, which are known in law enforcement parlance as incendiary tear gas. These canisters have significantly more chance of starting a fire. This gas can cause humans to have burning eyes and start to feel as if they are being starved for oxygen. It is often used to drive barricaded individuals out.

Meanwhile, CNN is sticking by its law enforcement sources, which say "smoke devices" thrown inside by the police caught fire, giving way to the narrative that police, at that point, had no choice but to let the cabin burn.
    See the bold. You're going to have to do better than that.

Comment

• Let's see, came off a police scanner, you can hear the gunfire, this was said and then the fire started.

I have presented my case, what do you have that proves it's false?
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Let's see, came off a police scanner, you can hear the gunfire, this was said and then the fire started.

I have presented my case, what do you have that proves it's false?
        Your case has many faults. How do you know it came off a police scanner and wasn't just manufactured for the sake of a story?

Comment

• How do we know Dorner wasn't just a made up dude?

Dude?
          Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            No they didn't. The media made that up to make the SOCAL LEO's look like murderous assholes. That shit is fake. It probably came from the blaze.
            Lmao at someone doing something to make LAPD look bad. LAPD's got that covered!!!!
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
              How do we know Dorner wasn't just a made up dude?

Dude?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                Lmao at someone doing something to make LAPD look bad. LAPD's got that covered!!!!

Gays=Pedos.

Therefore your opinion is invalid.
                Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                  Ermahgerd!!!!! LL Cool J did it!!!!
                  Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    Your case has many faults. How do you know it came off a police scanner and wasn't just manufactured for the sake of a story?
                    I offer up news reports and audio. Your rebuttal is fingers in the ears and "lalala can't hear you lalala." I yield to your superior debating skills
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• They killed LL Cool J

Comment

• Momma said knock you out.
                        Ded

Comment

I offer up news reports and audio. Your rebuttal is fingers in the ears and "lalala can't hear you lalala." I yield to your superior debating skills
                          You offered up a news source that says your very own audio clip is unconfirmed. I offered up a news clip that specifically says they didn't intentionally start that fire. As far as evidence goes, I'd say I'm ahead.

Comment

• this whole time i was like denzel will get the part, but you damn well know it should have been ll cool j.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                                Maybe he was carrying two forms of ID. Just in case, you know, he wanted to open a new bank account or something.
                                Why would they say they got him when they hadnt it would hurt the odds of someone turing him in if he was still out there

Comment

Working...
                                X