Russia rolling into Ukrane while Obama hits happy hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
    He wants to restore the old Soviet Territories that he and other ethnic Russians feel was "stolen" from them by the west. He wants the "glory" of the old soviet empire.
    I know he's ex-KGB\cold war type, but I just don't see him as that bat-shit obsessed.

Part of me thinks there's oil\pipeline\mineral rights crap in play here.

Comment

• Game over.

Russia Seizes Ukraine's Dolphin Army

Combat dolphins trained to kill
      By: Axie Navas

The world better watch out. The Russian navy recently seized control of Ukraine's combat dolphins.

According to an employee connected with the Crimea-based program, the Russians will oversee the entire dolphin army from now on.

The combat dolphins are trained to patrol open water and attack anything that poses a military threat, including mines or even villainous SCUBA divers. The animals’ sensitivity underwater gives them an edge over man-made sonar devices when it comes to this kind of dirty work.

The Soviets started the killer-dolphin program in the 1960s but handed the animals over to Ukraine after the USSR fell apart. Before Russia took control of the marine army, Ukraine mainly kept the dolphins for civilian purposes due to lack of funding.

That might change under the Russian navy, which reportedly hopes to continue developing the military side of the program, including new wearable sonar technology.

There’s only one other country aside from the Soviet Union to have had a confirmed military dolphin program, and that’s the United States. Our San Diego–based dolphin army, which also enlisted sea lions, focused primarily on identifying sea mines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Now we know what russia was so interested in.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

He wants to restore the old Soviet Territories that he and other ethnic Russians feel was "stolen" from them by the west. He wants the "glory" of the old soviet empire.
          He doesn't want the dumb shit we are propping up in Ukraine to be in control of Russian naval bases and the pipeline, I'm not pro Russian, but i dont blame him.

*edit* sorry! didnt read the posts above! it was definitely the dolphins. I mean, killer dolphins, who wouldn't want that kind of power at their finger tips.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
            He doesn't want the dumb shit we are propping up in Ukraine to be in control of Russian naval bases and the pipeline, I'm not pro Russian, but i dont blame him.

*edit* sorry! didnt read the posts above! it was definitely the dolphins. I mean, killer dolphins, who wouldn't want that kind of power at their finger tips.
            Seeing that he is building up troops along the border with Ukraine (est. 30k+) and seeing that 12k of the 15k Ukrainian troops have switched sides to join Russia, Ukraine is pretty much an open market until the US or NATO intervene; hopefully the latter though it would still heavily involve the US troop base.

Meanwhile Obama visits the pope...
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Meanwhile Obama visits the pope...
              but he doesn't believe in the pope
              WH

Comment

• Dolphins are interesting in warfare, had a buddy who is a SEAL and when he was training in Coronado they were doing some training around one of the piers and claimed 2 dolphins attacked him and another. Dolphins broke a few of his ribs. Come to find out they train the dolphins to defend areas and various other things like find mines. I guess now all they need is lasers.

Look at the map, Putin is doing this for money/oil. After we put sanctions that included Visa/Mastercard Putin is trying to create his own banking and credit card system. Without a strong US leader he will pretty much do what he wants and he knows that.

What we need to do is open up the US leases both onshore and offshore for oil/gas drilling. Once we do this Europe will have another source for oil other than Russia and this will drop their income. Lately we have been providing equipment for a lot of oil stimulation going to Russia.

Comment

• Russia just sent in 1000 or so troops into Ukraine.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Ukraine should have taken that offer they are broke and half the country speaks Russian anyways. They chose to overthrow Yanukovych so Putin has started plan B. I think Putin will get his way nobody is going to stop him

Comment

• I'm sure Obama will have some stern words for Putin!
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                      X