Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

250,000 Muslims being brought to US Soil? Is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
    Anecdote != evidence. However, if you've not been instructed to kill non-believers you've not taken your orders from the bible.
    That's where I figured you were going. Those who throw these blanket statements about Christianity always want to compare what happened hundreds and thousands of years ago with today's Islam because that's all you have. I will then reword my statement in telling you, I have yet to be instructed by any modern pastor to get my beheading kit ready and kill all of those who do not believe in Jesus Christ. However, if that does happen, I'll make sure to alert those Christian sleeper cells that are on the ready to wreak havoc amongst sinners...
    Have you seen where a Houston mayor is now issuing subpoenas to Christian pastors regarding their sermons on gays? Weird how only Christianity is being targeted on this subject. I also find it astoundingly interesting that those who want nothing to do with Christianity or religion are always the experts and have it all figured out.

Comment

• Don't forget guys. I'm the asshole, because I support Crossfit.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        You forgot Obama.
        I have that idiot on ignore but since you quoted i could see it. Surely he isn't serious... the obama award pretty much nullifies the prize

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        That's where I figured you were going. Those who throw these blanket statements about Christianity always want to compare what happened hundreds and thousands of years ago with today's Islam because that's all you have. I will then reword my statement in telling you, I have yet to be instructed by any modern pastor to get my beheading kit ready and kill all of those who do not believe in Jesus Christ. However, if that does happen, I'll make sure to alert those Christian sleeper cells that are on the ready to wreak havoc amongst sinners...
        Have you seen where a Houston mayor is now issuing subpoenas to Christian pastors regarding their sermons on gays? Weird how only Christianity is being targeted on this subject. I also find it astoundingly interesting that those who want nothing to do with Christianity or religion are always the experts and have it all figured out.
        just give up. You cant make a point to people like that cause their hatred is just too strong. Ironically theyll call you a bigot because you oppose the ideals of some other religious organization. So where is my bigotry towards budhism then? Man I lost it! Ill have to find that and soon!! Otherwise madhater wont have a point
        Last edited by Gasser64; 10-17-2014, 03:19 AM.
        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Google is the ultimate go-to source for many of these "experts". One does not even need to look beyond this board to find many, often comical, examples.

Speaking of such, perhaps 'hatter or other board experts will get back to googling the Bible again and get us some quotes therefrom regarding Christianity to support the "off the top of his head" statement below.

Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
          However, if you've not been instructed to kill non-believers you've not taken your orders from the bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk
            That's where I figured you were going.
            So, you knew that I was going to use the bible as a foundation for what christianity supports?! That's amazing considering that's what I've done in the past, and in the thread that I linked earlier. So, unless you want to claim that your church doesn't use the bible as the source and foundation of its teachings, it should be no surprise that I did exactly that.

Originally posted by SS Junk
            Those who throw these blanket statements about Christianity always want to compare what happened hundreds and thousands of years ago with today's Islam because that's all you have.
            False. Examples were given in this thread, like I said they were, of events that have occurred within the last century and earlier. You choosing to ignore that doesn't change anything.

I will then reword my statement in telling you, I have yet to be instructed by any modern pastor to get my beheading kit ready and kill all of those who do not believe in Jesus Christ. However, if that does happen, I'll make sure to alert those Christian sleeper cells that are on the ready to wreak havoc amongst sinners...
            And this statement is still as irrelevant as it was the first time you said it.

Have you seen where a Houston mayor is now issuing subpoenas to Christian pastors regarding their sermons on gays? Weird how only Christianity is being targeted on this subject.
            I have seen that. I agree that it's wrong. If the preachers are politicing from the pulpit, the state & the IRS should be getting involved, not the local city government. It's outside of the city's jurisdiction.

I also find it astoundingly interesting that those who want nothing to do with Christianity or religion are always the experts and have it all figured out.
            That's only because the majority of atheists report that they were believers of their various local religions until they started to actually studying it. If most believers would take the time to actually study their religions, instead of cherry picking the parts they like, I'm sure that all the evidence would support that believers are more knowledgeable about their religions than non-believers instead of the inverse.

Originally posted by Gasser64
            just give up. You cant make a point to people like that cause their hatred is just too strong. Ironically theyll call you a bigot because you oppose the ideals of some other religious organization.
            I've not only called you a bigot, I've demonstrated your bigotry. Unfortunately for you, you can't demonstrate my hatred because it doesn't exist.

Originally posted by Gasser64
            So where is my bigotry towards budhism then? Man I lost it! Ill have to find that and soon!! Otherwise madhater wont have a point
            Not only is this irrelevant, it's not required. Aside from me calling you a bigot, no other point I've made in this thread hinges on that fact. Not only did I call you a bigot, but you agreed that by the very definition of bigot, you are one and you're proud of it. So, even if anything in my arguments relied on your bigotry, there would still be no issue. Not that I would expect you to understand that. You can't even be bothered to comprehend what I'm actually posting.

Geez. You two could conquer Oz with the army of strawmen you're building.
            Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
              Google is the ultimate go-to source for many of these "experts". One does not even need to look beyond this board to find many, often comical, examples.

Speaking of such, perhaps 'hatter or other board experts will get back to googling the Bible again and get us some quotes therefrom regarding Christianity to support the "off the top of his head" statement below.
              No need. I already have.

Originally posted by Maddhatter
              To save us both time, you can refer to this thread where an explanation has been made and all the hand-waving has already been done for you.
              Or, as it is in this case, by you.
              Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

Comment

No need. I already have.
                No, you have not, or will you ever be successful at doing so.

Comment

And this statement is still as irrelevant as it was the first time you said it.
                  I am going to reword this once more since you seem to have an extremely difficult time understanding.
                  Going by your statement, you are of the opinion Christianity is as violent a religion as terrorist groups claiming to be Muslim, and your opinion is based on persecutions which have happened hundreds and thousands of years ago, and you are comparing those examples to modern day Islam. It's an old worn out excuse that has been around for years for those who have only observed religion from afar.
                  I am not trying to hammer any belief into you, but if you are going to try and use examples then for the love of Christ Almighty, use them from current affairs to try and make your Muslim/Christian kill/death ratio comparison? Can you do that? If not, your point is invalid.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk
                    I am going to reword this once more since you seem to have an extremely difficult time understanding.
                    I'm having no problems understanding what you are saying and asking. You've just yet to ask a question that pertains to what I've said.

Going by your statement, you are of the opinion Christianity is as violent a religion as terrorist groups claiming to be Muslim,
                    No. I'm not.

and your opinion is based on persecutions which have happened hundreds and thousands of years ago, and you are comparing those examples to modern day Islam.
                    No, I'm not.

It's an old worn out excuse that has been around for years for those who have only observed religion from afar.
                    Which is irrelevant because that's not what I've done. Nor have I only observed religion from afar. I was a christian for longer than I've been an atheist.

I am not trying to hammer any belief into you, but if you are going to try and use examples then for the love of Christ Almighty, use them from current affairs to try and make your Muslim/Christian kill/death ratio comparison?
                    I've made no claims about the kill:death ratio of any groups.

Can you do that? If not, your point is invalid.
                    This is all no more relevant than the first time you asked. So, can we be done with the strawmen? Is it possible to address what I've actually said?

Comment

• Funny how he talks about reading comprehension isn't it? When from reading his replies it doesn't look like he he has any
                      WH

Comment

• I find the banter between MH and you guys hilarious.. and not for the same reasons you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          I find the banter between MH and you guys hilarious.. and not for the same reasons you do.
                          Agreed, I find this site and internet personas in general to often be hilarious.

Comment

• Same. You can tell he was quite concerned about it though. .look at all that long posting he did

must be Ben afleck
                            WH

Comment

This is all no more relevant than the first time you asked. So, can we be done with the strawmen? Is it possible to address what I've actually said?
                              In other words, you can't come up with examples from current times to back up your, "Islam is no more "kill anyone who disagrees" than christianity is." claim. Got it.

Comment

• Might as well move this to that religion forum that no one pays attention to.
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X