Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
    It all comes down to bad parenting, hence the rioting/looting. No one to set a standard but they want to hold the cops to one?

I'm not sure how many good cops are left in places like Baltimore but I bet fewer and fewer are applying. They don't feel like putting their lives on the line for people who martyr career criminals, and I can't blame them.
    Thats the truth, a nation wide average of 43k? Fuck that noise. Just wait tell they see in the near future what they have to lower the bar to fill the jobs.
    A max of three felonies to be disqualified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I'd rather take that than sitting in jail for X amount of days.
      Same. Something that doesn't leave scars, but hurts just as bad. I'm thinking a round cane probably wouldn't leave any scars.
      WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Honest question: What do you think the percentage of good cops who really care about making a difference in the community is? We need cops walking beats & true community policing again. I have seen evidence of this before. I remember seeing a video of a cop playing basketball with some kids in full uniform. If there were more cops like this, maybe people would respect them more.
        I would tend to say that line of thinking doesn't enter most of their heads. I'm not sure what they do think, but I would imagine it is somewhere along the lines of them doing us a favor by showing up on the job, then getting annoyed when high-praise doesn't fall their way.

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
        I think almost all cops start off good, and the constant exposure to the uglier side of society changes them, or at least creates cracks in their moral armor. I will also bet that process starts within 6 months to a year.

Beat cops are really expensive for the amount of social welfare and policing they do. Dont get me wrong they are important in showing a more personable look at the police force. But its not law enforcements job to be the moral compass of the poor. The moral compass is supposed to be taught by the parents and the local community, such as the church and schools. The hard part about the schools doing it, is that people expect some sort quantifiable measurement, are worried about the cost, or are worried about religious encroachment.

What would probably solve a lot of issues is re-implementing corporal punishment. Look at Singapore, they have a very low crime rate because nobody wants to spanked or caned. How quickly would running from the police stop if the person would get 20 lashes with a cane
        What is good? For that matter, what is bad? I don't disagree agree that cops get particularly dark as their careers continue on, but I would say most cops enter into the field because they see an issue and think they can stop it, or view it as another job. I also don't think you can say that poor = criminal. Moral compass is more of a sliding scale, social degeneration argument. Are parents as good as they were 50 years ago? I don't know. The rules of the game have changed. I can give you examples of "good parents" that I know in upper income areas that have shitheads for kids. There seems to be a widening chasm between parents, side A gives their little bastards everything and side B gives them nothing. There isn't a middle anymore, there is just ying-yang with the have/gives and want/don'ts.

Gov't implemented corporal punishment doesn't necessarily change people, it just makes them afraid to break the law. They still do shit, they just go underground with it.

Here, you would still have people running from the police.

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
        It all comes down to bad parenting, hence the rioting/looting. No one to set a standard but they want to hold the cops to one?

I'm not sure how many good cops are left in places like Baltimore but I bet fewer and fewer are applying. They don't feel like putting their lives on the line for people who martyr career criminals, and I can't blame them.
        Perhaps. Or perhaps it comes from ever increasing stringent laws that criminalize behaviors and people get fed up with it? I'm not trying to take the hood-side of the argument here, but there is an absolute way the police handle blacks vs. whites. And if I was getting fucked with constantly, I'd get to the point where I drew my line in the sand and a badge with a gun wouldn't intimidate me anymore.

The cops should just pull out, let them burn it down, and then reiterate that they presence was unwanted, so they served the wishes of the public.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Same. Something that doesn't leave scars, but hurts just as bad. I'm thinking a round cane probably wouldn't leave any scars.
          I was stupid as a kid and got arrested for speeding once. Worst fucking day ever. There isn't a single god damned thing to do it jail. I couldn't even go to sleep because I was in a cell with another dude that was smacked out of his mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Gov't implemented corporal punishment doesn't necessarily change people, it just makes them afraid to break the law. They still do shit, they just go underground with it.

The cops should just pull out, let them burn it down, and then reiterate that they presence was unwanted, so they served the wishes of the public.

Corporal punishment would be a very strong deterrent to a lot of people. Not everyone is the same, some people would have that happen to them once and never fuck up again. Sure, you'd get some people who would have it happen to them over and over again, and thats fine if thats what they want. I agree it would go underground, but I'll take underground as opposed to right out there in the street, any day.

And if the cops pulled out, these pitiful fools would cry rivers of tears about the black lives lost when the rampaging scum killed shitloads of lesser, weaker blacks. Its a no win situation. You just can't pander to blacks. Or anyone really, they all have to be treated the exact same, its just that blacks have a habit of crying foul when they get punished for shit they know they did.
            WH

Comment

• One of the problems is police officers valuing their own personal safety above all other concerns. If that leads to violations of the constitutional rights of others, so be it, as long as "everyone gets home to their families at the end of the day" except, you know, the guys we just shot. Its a completely natural progression of events, and I can't fault them for wanting to be safe on the streets, but someone has got to see the problems between ever increasing security and ever decreasing personal liberties.

They arn't trained to shoot to disarm, shoot to wound, they shoot to end the threat, which means pew pew pew at center mass and then yelling "freeze!"

Comment

• If I had to do that job I would probably shoot first too. I wouldn't want that job doesn't pay enough to fuck with the publics bs.

Comment

• Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                  If I had to do that job I would probably shoot first too. I wouldn't want that job doesn't pay enough to fuck with the publics bs.
                  Problem is they've got a habit of shooting people like, 14 year olds holding a playstation controller. And the owner of the house who has called in a robbery.
                  WH

Comment

• Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                    If I had to do that job I would probably shoot first too. I wouldn't want that job doesn't pay enough to fuck with the publics bs.
                    You should try being in a job with actual risk of dealing with people with full autos for about 19k a year in another country. Hell, people would walk past us with rifles and RPG's and we'd smile and wave. You get pegged in the head with a brick, you shake it off because NOW they're unarmed and not a threat.

I'd love to see cops deal with war time ROE.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Ruh roh...it's not fitting the narrative...
                      Posted on June 29, 2015 by sundance

Oh, how we’ve seen this entire story play out before. Donta Allen 2015, is Rachel Jeantel 2013 !! A prosecution witness that actually deconstructs the prosecution. Now we know why Baltimore State Attorney Marilyn Mosby wants to block public awareness of the evidence.

According to Megyn Kelly part of the “Brady evidence” turned over by prosecutors to the defense team in Baltimore includes video of van passenger Donta Allen giving his statement to “investigators”. Watch:

You might have heard Donta mention his attorney in the snippet with Don Lemon in the clip above. His attorney is Paul Gardner; and when you understand the relationship between Donta Allen, Paul Gardner and prosecutor Marilyn Mosby – you cannot help but see the parallels to Rachel Jeantel, Benjamin Crump and prosecutor Angela Corey in 2012.

Both teams, Crump/Corey in 2012/2013, and Gardner/Mosby in 2015, are presenting ridiculously fraudulent cases, assembled upon a foundation of lies, and supported by fraudulent witnesses. Here’s the backstory on Gardner/Mosby

BALTIMORE — A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray “banging against the walls” of the vehicle and believed that he “was intentionally trying to injure himself,” according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post. (link)

Donta Allen statement in search warrant

(HatTip maggiemoowho) Sanford Florida had Rachel Jeantel – a witness on behalf of Trayvon Martin. Baltimore Maryland has Donta Allen – a witness on behalf of Freddie Gray.

Oh, how we’ve seen this entire story play out before. Donta Allen 2015, is Rachel Jeantel 2013 !! A prosecution witness that actually deconstructs the prosecution. Now we know why Baltimore State Attorney Marilyn Mosby wants to block public awareness of the evidence. According to Megyn Kelly part of the “Brady evidence” turned over by […]
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• thats old news.. the question was.. was he already dead and was that his lifeless body rolling around?

Comment

• Comments from another site, but important to read..

Closing arguments finished in the case Monday afternoon and the jury told the judge today that they were deadlocked and unable to reach a decision. Judge Barry Williams ordered the jury to return to chambers to try and reach a unanimous decision.

"Compromise if you can do so without violence to your own moral judgement," Williams said.

"Compromise"? On Reasonable Doubt? That certainly sounds like an improper recommendations from the bench, prejudicial to the defense, irreversible error and grounds for an appeal.

Comment

• And as I typed that its officially a hung jury... Retrial will be announced asap I bet...

Comment

• Christmas shopping specials after dark... No pun intended.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X